Author Topic: The Pros and Cons of Shen Woooooo...  (Read 13264 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: The Pros and Cons of Shen Woooooo...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »
Yeah, he does have his qcf+C feints which you can use after some of his normals too, which can give him some plus frames on block which can be good for baiting reversals or movement.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
Do you think someone needs good confirming skills for his combos? Because many times if you don't properly confirm his s.C or d.B into anything, you can potentially miss out on good damage.

Well if you put it that way then everyone's going to be in the same boat, sorry Des, as a Shen arcade user for the whole year, now that I don't use him I can safely say he was a pretty easy character.

For his HD the whole two things you have to look out is the timing for his qcb A.qcf A Hammer follow ups and doing his [HC] qcf C too fast and getting a DM.

Having said that, he's still not top 8 IMHO.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
Do you think someone needs good confirming skills for his combos? Because many times if you don't properly confirm his s.C or d.B into anything, you can potentially miss out on good damage.

Well if you put it that way then everyone's going to be in the same boat, sorry Des, as a Shen arcade user for the whole year, now that I don't use him I can safely say he was a pretty easy character.

For his HD the whole two things you have to look out is the timing for his qcb A.qcf A Hammer follow ups and doing his [HC] qcf C too fast and getting a DM.

Having said that, he's still not top 8 IMHO.

It's okay, the people have spoken and I agree: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shen_Woo_%28XIII%29#Gameplay_Overview

If anyone agrees and disagrees with this list, please express how you feel...it is not set in stone.

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:49 PM »
Since i play shen on my first team I can say shen very easy to pick Hd combos and scrub confirm
I'm agree with all yours opinions in that list except that shen is not the best anchor in the game i think yuri and claw iori are above him but for me the best anchor in the game is kyo at is full potential no matter what.

Crowe

• New Challenger
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 08:28:28 AM »
While I agree that Kyo is a very well rounded and strong character I feel that he, has problems finding other ways in if he runs into a character that does a good job of controlling the air.
K' / Saiki / Shen Woo (Benimaru Sub)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
He may be a easy character when it comes to combos but outside of that hes hard.

like everybody else says his anti air options aint as strong as they seem, he doesnt have good lows (dont matter to me as much) it hard for him to open up his opponent and for me his air to air game is kinda weak for some reason j.B doesnt always get the job done for me.

also him having meter doesnt matter to me as much cause using his feint along with his j.B lets him put on some good pressure.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
also him having meter doesnt matter to me as much cause using his feint along with his j.B lets him put on some good pressure.

j.B for pressure?  Please elaborate.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
you know how j.B can whiff on a standing opponent well the way i c it most folks who c someone throw out a normal tends to stand alot more and if you empty jump some folks can already see the grab coming or they see you goin low so j.B to me to me kinda gives off a illusion as if you stop pressuring

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
Yeah whiffing high angled jump attacks is sort of a old gimmick but it does work; it loses if someone just hops or jumps out of the way or alt guards or just dps you.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
Yeah whiffing high angled jump attacks is sort of a old gimmick but it does work; it loses if someone just hops or jumps out of the way or alt guards or just dps you.

what i been tryin to do is hit with j.B i kinda figure if im able to control when it hits or whiff then i think i could have the edge since most folks will block high

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 12:36:07 AM »

what i been tryin to do is hit with j.B i kinda figure if im able to control when it hits or whiff then i think i could have the edge since most folks will block high

If you're trying to hit a grounded opponent with that, be careful because someone can just cr.B trip guard that sucka...

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 03:58:54 AM »

If you're trying to hit a grounded opponent with that, be careful because someone can just cr.B trip guard that sucka...

gotta keep mixin it up with his other air normals.

i do have a question for yal. im starting to use his command grab a lil more and i was wondering if doing  ;c ;fd ;b ;dn ;df ;fd ;c feint run into the command grab was a good thing to do? i dont see many people do that

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

Sorry to single you out Des, but lately this term has been thrown out WAY too much and used incorrectly including commentators at TheRunBacks as well which we help correct:

Trip Guard: A character's ability to Cancel the Recovery Frames of a jump by Blocking. The character loses this ability if they perform a move during their jump.

Source

So people keep talking about the wrong character in the first place...all we used to say was "d.B as anti-air".  I feel that people keep wanting to label stuff unnecessarily.  Once again, this isn't directed at you specifically, I meant the FGC as a whole.

---

you know how j.B can whiff on a standing opponent well the way i c it most folks who c someone throw out a normal tends to stand alot more and if you empty jump some folks can already see the grab coming or they see you goin low so j.B to me to me kinda gives off a illusion as if you stop pressuring

I see what you're getting at, I dunno if I would call that "pressure"....maybe mixup.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:52:09 AM by Kane317 »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »

Sorry to single you out Des, but lately this term has been thrown out WAY too much and used incorrectly including commentators at TheRunBacks as well which we help correct:

Trip Guard: A character's ability to Cancel the Recovery Frames of a jump by Blocking. The character loses this ability if they perform a move during their jump.

Source

So people keep talking about the wrong character in the first place...all we used to say was "d.B as anti-air".  I feel that people keep wanting to label stuff unnecessarily.  Once again, this isn't directed at you specifically, I meant the FGC as a whole.

Thanks for enlightening me on that. Maybe you should front page that information to let more people know?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »
Thanks for enlightening me on that. Maybe you should front page that information to let more people know?

Hehe I dunno if I should, I had to google it myself coz I thought it was being used incorrectly.