Author Topic: Minnesota KOF Thread  (Read 86227 times)

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota KOF Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
No worries man. You gotta do what you gotta do. Got in some good P4A games with Keith and a few others.
Grublet and I are planning on going to GnG casuals today. Anyone else going?

I just saw this message, I think I'll show up more to casuals when TTT2 comes out. I play other fighters as well.

I do too. Mostly KOF13 and P4A at the moment, but I play UMVC3 and 3rd Strike also. I might try TT2 when it comes out, although when I tried VF5 and Soul Calibur 5 I learned that I am horrid at 3D fighters.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:37:23 PM by Josh »

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
You desmond, let me know when you wanna start hosting on weekends or when you're free. It be hard for me to make it out on tuesday all the time because of work, and since Kieth quit the game I haven't been having anyone to play KOF with... Which means I gotta play more Marvel, which means less KOF. :(

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
You desmond, let me know when you wanna start hosting on weekends or when you're free. It be hard for me to make it out on tuesday all the time because of work, and since Kieth quit the game I haven't been having anyone to play KOF with... Which means I gotta play more Marvel, which means less KOF. :(

Hey we're down too man... The KOF hype seems to be dying down in MN, especially with all these new games coming out (P4A and TTT2 especially). We're down to come down to the cities and play KOF anytime. Or we can host as well, but it's like an hour of a drive from here to the twin cities... And we also play on Xbox.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:42:05 PM by Josh »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
Yeah I hear you guys...sorry that I've been kinda elusive, it's just that school has been taking up my time quite a bit. I'm finding myself even doing homework and reading on Saturdays (WACK). I have not been practicing or playing that much anymore (sometimes).

I hope KOF hasn't been dying because of me in school, lol.

There is a tournament on the 22nd next week which has KOF and I may not even be able to go: https://www.facebook.com/events/420723181319377/

Hopefully you guys hit that up, and my absence wont cause too much of a dent.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 03:08:27 AM »
I hope KOF hasn't been dying because of me in school, lol.

Nah it's not your fault at all. The main problem in my opinion is how ridiculously saturated the fighting game genre is right now. There are way too many games out, which is good in a way and bad in a way. Good in a sense that nobody is going to struggle to find a game that they like. Bad because all games that aren't made by Capcom are going to eventually have obscure, underground scenes (pretty much what our KOF scene is already). It's just like what happened starting in the early 2000's, only worse because even more games are being pumped out faster than back then. I don't think KOF is going to die, but I think the chances of us bringing in any new players are slim to none.

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
@Josh. Message me you guys number, so I can come down there and train with y'all. Seriously, I don't get to play humans anymore ever.

I'll be at that KOF tourney for sure.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
Here is the grand finals from last night!

http://www.twitch.tv/couchtech/b/333103966?t=325m20s

I'll try my best to open up Saturdays for us to play KOF. I want us to hit up Chicago at the end of the year for the 5v5. I will talk to the Chicago guys and try to get it set up officially for us.

souf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
i just heard back from the man behind FF. he is into the idea of a 5v5! only issue is that kof is very time consuming so not all matches will be streamed. so please do what you gotta do to figure out the 5 representing MN asap and then let me know who you guys think should be some key match ups that you would like to be on stream. im sure we can get a handful of matches up, or if we do a gauntlet we can probably get through 1 or 2 full cycles of it...just not all of them!

think about it and let me know. we have a while to ponder on it, but come late october/november im sure hes gunna want the stream schedule all ironed out.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
I'm planning on hosting at my crib on Saturday (tomorrow).

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
I'm probably not gonna make it... I'm sick with pneumonia right now. I feel better than I did for the past few days, but I don't want to get anybody else sick.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
Damn, I hope you feel better bro.

If you feel completely better Saturday morning and still want to come through, feel free. Just gimme a text.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
Ok, no one showed last week, but I'm going to try hosting again Saturday. We can start around 3 or 4pm. We can play until we get tired. We can take a break in between to grab food down the street.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested. I will be texting and FB people to make sure.

On a side note, I haven't been playing P4A anymore. I've brought KOF and VF5:FS back into rotation. P4A was fun for a bit, but it got on my nerves.

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:22 AM »
Grublet and I will probably be able to make it if you're hosting on Saturday. I'm feeling a lot better now and will probably be fully recovered by this weekend.

Macrobeast

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 04:26:13 AM »
I've been offline lately with family/work situations so I missed out on some casuals on the weekends :{ Hopefully I'll be able to attend if they happen again.
♪"Band-aids don't fix bullet holes."♪

{Rune Fencer}

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
No big deal. I might make it to GNG casuals tomorrow since I gotta pick up my newly dual-modded stick from Punha anyway. BTW, I just got KOF 98 on GGPO so if anybody wants to hit that up let me know.