Author Topic: Thinking of creating a story  (Read 2193 times)

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Thinking of creating a story
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:30:51 AM »
Well in one of my fits of randomness, I thought up some random ideas for a new story. I thought about it some more, but I thought of how this will work. Now this sounds like I'm going to make a story about KOF, however doing that is well, we can have better ideas than that. No, this story will be different. There will be shout-outs and some cameos (screw your 4th wall), but there will be absolutely NO main fights with any KOF villains or heroes (Sorry, no vs. Kyo/Terry or whoever or any curbstomps of any kind lol. Go look elsewhere if you want that). Besides everyone new will be balanced so they don't look overpowering in comparison to existing KOF characters in any way, so no worries.

The majority of the characters will be new and there will be 1 (MAYBE 2) instances will an existing character(s) will interact with the main characters of the story to push them along. This will be an adventure so some existing locales will be visited and newer locales will be created (There's more newer locales than existing ones, don't expect this to take place in Southtown all story long).

I created the first 4 characters already. Still thinking on how I'm gonna do the rest of the characters. Some of the story and how it's gonna go is almost done. I may either do this in regular story format or make a "choose your own adventure" out of it (Don't know how I'm gonna do that yet). Either way I'll make this as awesome as possible. If there is some interest, I can post up the first four as well as more info on this.

I may be doing this by myself but I don't mind if someone wants to help out.

Need to think of a title, can't exactly put KOF as part of the title. Hardly has anything to do with it.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:11:22 AM by FreeRunner »
You're too slow!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of creating a story
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
Sounds interesting FreeRunner. Something like "Everyday Battles" comes to mind for a title. Is the setting something like Southtown? If so, that could supply a great name for the story somehow.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of creating a story
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:17:14 AM »
Well the main city the characters are from is a city (Still need to think of a name for the city). Remember, this is like an adventure so other locales can be visited (Southtown being one of them). I'm almost done with the main protagonist so look forward to that :). The chapters will be like a video game.

So instead of chapter or episode, it will be like:
Stage 1 or World 1 (World/Stage 1-1, depends how long it will be).

Hmmm. I think I'll ask Jinxhand if he wants to lend a hand, I like his art.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:25:27 AM by FreeRunner »
You're too slow!!