Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46772 times)

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »
Hmmm...from my experience with Ryo in KOF XII, a dp could be followed up by another dp as long as the opponent is hit by the first dp before their descent during a jump.

It might be different in KOF XIII tho...

Anyway, thanks for all your Ryo input =D

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 01:47:33 AM »
Yeah it definitley does not work like 12 you could do that pretty often in that game,  I think I remember testing it waaaaay back, but I'll give it an honest go today and confirm it here so I don't forget lol, and you are very welcome!!!
" you fight well in the old style"

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2010, 08:35:49 AM »
In this version of kof 13 when you are using Ryo, you can actually wait for the oppoent to jump towards you ,  counter that by doing a dp+C (one hit) and immediately super cancel into his  qcf hcb + P DM.   This teaches them not to be so jumpy for long.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »
I don't think this has been posted:

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2011, 02:16:37 AM »
old, but i dont know if ive seen it here though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2011, 02:51:30 AM »
so it turns out you actually can connect an EX DP cancel into level one super. It's only in the corner, and can probably only be possible in HD mode. So the Japanese combo that has three series of DP into HCB K, then ends with a Zanretsuken,at the end instead of canceling into a fireball, do an EX DP into level one super

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
NEW COMBO's, after the discovery.

((st. D, F+A, (HD), st.D, F+A, hcb+BD, dp+ C,(HDC) hcb+D, dp+C, (HDC)hcb+D, dp+c,(HDC) hcb+D, (HDC)dp+AC)), qcf hcb+ A

Inside Parenthesis, then.....hcb+D, dp+AC

the combo's themselves don't do a whole lot of damage a little under 700, but they do have redeeming factors, such as if mistime the first Dp int those combo's you can revert back to the ending part to save yourself and still get some damage

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »
Thought this guy's Ryo's offense was worth noting, he told Shen, "nope, you ain't getting out."

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »
so now ryo's parry is waaay better now, after playing with him at Evo I noticed his parry recovers faster, and according to No.17 gives you frame advantage as oppose to you just  being Invincible and trying to interrupt a move with a special. I parried a stand A from leona, and punished with a hcb D. I also parried a jump in and punished with a hcb D, I tested that out it appeared to be Height dependent so you can't always do it.

also hcb D seemed faster which helped a lot with the more difficult combo's, and punishing certain things

---

don't sleep on Ryo guys I think he's a more solid character than people give him credit for and with his buffs he's gonna be even better, practice up!!!

Please avoid double posting -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:56:27 AM by Kane317 »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
Is it possible to use this as a block stun in corner?

C, qcf+AC, C, qcf+AC...

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »
Yeah substitute that last ex fireball for A version, it should be close to impossible to interrupt, and it saves you wasting that ex to set up other gaurd break blockstun oppurtunities, or just plain saving meter.  The fact that Ex fireball pushes you forward and resets your position to continue safe blockstrings makes it really useful for gaurd crushes

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:42 AM »
Yeah substitute that last ex fireball for A version, it should be close to impossible to interrupt, and it saves you wasting that ex to set up other gaurd break blockstun oppurtunities, or just plain saving meter.  The fact that Ex fireball pushes you forward and resets your position to continue safe blockstrings makes it really useful for gaurd crushes

I'll concur that watching Metaphysic mess around with Ryo in Evo, he's definitely someone to watch out for for the console.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:43:41 AM by Kane317 »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:14 AM »
Yeah, Don't be surprised if RYO's sprout up overnight when KOF 13 debuts! He's so buffed up now THE ANSWER may categorize him S rank!  Ryo is for you if you can play firmly and efficiently!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »
Some new epic Ryo combos: