Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46414 times)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:50 AM »
Additionally, his weak fb is tough to punish. If either fb hits, can be drive cancelled into ranbu from anywhere on the screen - even strong fb.

Though the drivecancel has to be done quickly so it isn't really hitconfirmable if you just throw the fireball out there. Still really good though. Ryos fireballs also seem to have high "durability" so they can beat multiple fireballs etc.

Yup, so it's great to confirm off of a strong normal and input the ranbu motion in case you can use it.

One thing I do notice about console Ryo though is that both his fbs seem much more stuffable - esp strong...

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
Nice to see that Hao-shokoken is faster for everyone. I can now combo it off of strongs with Ryo - not that I want to be doing that, but at this speed, it's very viable for actually punishing fireballs as intended.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »
Nice to see that Hao-shokoken is faster for everyone. I can now combo it off of strongs with Ryo - not that I want to be doing that, but at this speed, it's very viable for actually punishing fireballs as intended.

I dunno.. I tried online (mainly against takuma) and it was pretty much useless.. I would much rather use ex ranbu wich even on whiff probably is safer.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
Yeah at full screen you'll need to preempt the oponent's fb by buffering the motion and letting it rip if the they so much as twitch on a fb, but it at least works which is more than could be said for arcade. fb recoveries are pretty fast in KOF...At any rate, the move was never geared towards completely reactionary use it seems.

Due to scaling I noticed that
j.D s.C strong zanretsuken weak kooh-ken weak hienshippukyaku
is < than
j.D s.C weak kooh-ken strong kohou
by a significant amount  :(

Damn, I want to find something useful to do after strong zanretsuken, now that you can follow up w/o drive cancelling. Ranbu is ok (replacing kooh-ken in combo1), but not much stronger than combo2 and requires a meter  :(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:24:52 AM by BioBooster »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2011, 04:59:59 AM »
Hey can one of you guys assist? I think I can finish off Ryo trials, but am consistently having troubles with ones that us numerous dp>fb's.

Everything else seems to work fine for me
dp>hien
>zanretsu
>haoh
>ranbu

I would assume you could simply:
623P>6P (not stable for me at all)
and then I gave up and tried
623P>236P (I'm don't have the slowest hands, but this is hard??)

Does anyone have inputs for pulling this off solidly?
Help!! :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, out of the successes I had - dp > neutral > fb seemed to work the most. Others doing it like this too?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:52:30 AM by BioBooster »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
EDIT: Oh yeah, out of the successes I had - dp > neutral > fb seemed to work the most. Others doing it like this too?

Yeah, that's how i do it aswell. Least risk of random haoh shoukou kens that way.. I don't get why but that move really wants to come out.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
OK cool, you are having the same results as me then.

I also swear I'm not hitting back at anytime.

When I get home, I'll test:
623P>neutral>6P

Hopefully that will work as I'm not happy w/my current method.

Thanks!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »
Hey can one of you guys assist? I think I can finish off Ryo trials, but am consistently having troubles with ones that us numerous dp>fb's.

Everything else seems to work fine for me
dp>hien
>zanretsu
>haoh
>ranbu

I would assume you could simply:
623P>6P (not stable for me at all)
and then I gave up and tried
623P>236P (I'm don't have the slowest hands, but this is hard??)

Does anyone have inputs for pulling this off solidly?
Help!! :(

Just tried it in practice mode, all you have to do is mash the other punch button after doing the dp (no need to touch any directions, after doing the dp there is no need to touch them at all). So if you did the dp with C then mash A and vice versa, comes out every time.

Make sure to be in HD mode to do it this way though, for some reason this same method doesn't work for drive canceling (even though in HD mode it does it each and every time easily this way).

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
Dude, that is an insane find. Can't believe how that just...works :D

You're completey right about HD mode. Also found out that no mashing is necessary, will come out with the other button when pressed just once or if the other button is held down. This totally gives me new tech for Ryo HDs - much appreciated.

I'll report back if I find anything solid outside of HD....