Author Topic: New here and seriously getting into KOF  (Read 1529 times)

DjWizdom

• New Challenger
  • Big ups to all the Junglists.
    • View Profile
    • Sound Cloud
New here and seriously getting into KOF
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
Hello, as the title says I'm new to the site and my goal is to get really good at KOF on a competitive level.

The fighters I got into the most were The SFII series (when I was younger), 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear X2, & CvsS2 (around my teens), MvC 2&3 (within the last year or two) and SFIV for a little bit, but then I just kind of grew tired of it. I picked up 3rd Strike again and began playing that for a couple months or so, to fill that technical urge I've been wanting, then I lost interest in that too. SFxT came out, I was real excited for it for awhile, then It began to feel like SFIV. It just felt like I was mashing out buttons. Auto-Pilot mode type thing.

As you can tell I've been mostly a huge Capcom fighter growing up. Now, I want more of a quick paced, techy style game, with some flash on top. And KOF XIII has definitely appealed to me. KOF games have always been on the back burner all my life pretty much, I knew about it, but never really got into it. KOFXIII is a really great game I've been playing it on and off for about a couple months (been distracted with SWTOR, FFXIII-2, and Diablo 3. :D) and I've made a mental decision to get serious with the game. I'm ready and willing to learn and have fun in the process.

I live in the Tokyo area. I haven't been to an Arcade in about a year and some change due to my kids and wife. Can't be dumping 100 Yens everyday like I used a couple years ago lol. But I am curious to know where the KOF XIII machines are. My screen name is ZomgItsRofl on PSN feel free to add me and we can play a few games. My skill level is not up there yet; I'm still quite scrubbish, but we were all once one and one point in time right?

Anyways, that's my story. I look forward to becoming involved in the site/FGC in some sort of way, even if it is minor.

~Wiz

PS: My primary characters I'm learning is: Kyo, EX Kyo, Kim, K', Iori, EX Iori so far. I have interests in others as well, just these are the most badass to me at the moment. (Especially K' :D)
http://soundcloud.com/dj-wizdom
Jungle/Drum n Bass.....more than just music. It's a lifestyle.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: New here and seriously getting into KOF
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
Welcome to DC DjWizdom!

Make sure you up on the Gameplay thread along with character specific threads and don't hesitate to ask questions.

BioBooster and SolidShark are in Japan right now however I don't know if they're in Tokyo specific, hit them up.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:41 AM »
Welcome DjWizdom. Glad you found your way here and found a KOF you want to take seriously. I think you'll definitely be able to get some help from BioBooster and me since you're in Tokyo. He's in Tokyo too, but I'm in Aomori, but our online connection should be good, so I think you'll be able to get a lot of practice and tips from us, among the many players on the site already.

Personally, it's great to have another Tokyo/Japan player around, so we'll be in-touch soon.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DjWizdom

• New Challenger
  • Big ups to all the Junglists.
    • View Profile
    • Sound Cloud
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:54:16 AM »
Awesome, looking forward to playing, learning, and having fun. I've browsed through site and there is loads of great information. Soaking it all in will be the hard part lol.

In due time. Have a great one.
~Wiz
http://soundcloud.com/dj-wizdom
Jungle/Drum n Bass.....more than just music. It's a lifestyle.