Author Topic: Greetings from Minnesota  (Read 1606 times)

Grublet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Greetings from Minnesota
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »
I'm from Central Minnesota and started playing fighting games with the release of Street Fighter 4. Ever since that game came out, I have been hooked on the genre.

I decided to buy KOF13 when I first saw the game on stream(I think it was NEC). Being new to SNK games in general, I was kind of intimidated at first. After getting used to the mechanics of the game, I started to enjoy the game more than the other fighters I had been playing. I love the depth of this game, and how many options your characters have on both offense and defense. It's really a unique style of a fighting game. Now, KOF13 is my main fighting game, and I hope that I can both contribute and learn from this website.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction. :)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »
Hello and welcome to the community Grublet, it's a pleasure to meet you. Any contribution that you can make, even just questions, are completly welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »
Myself and a few others play locally in the Twin Cities. We had two tournaments this year, and we are planning a few this summer. Come on down sometime and play casuals with us, or join the tournaments when they are planned.

Here is the MN thread..it's a little empty but we can start jumping once we have more players from MN posting there: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2267.0
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
Welcome to the community Grublet. Hope you enjoy yourself on this site.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
Welcome to DC!