Author Topic: KOF 98UM - Eiji  (Read 11156 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: KOF 98UM - Eiji
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »

His specials had amazing priority (qcb + p, qcf + a come to mind) has a good zoning game, and lots of other things

His qcf+C is a good move too, but it's kinda risky up close. Someone with meter can guard cancel roll through it (and him) and punish him while he's recovering.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
I use it to pushback my opponent, but still, I will keep with QCB+ P with QCF + F as a second option

Waifu Material

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »
 ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c is best used for block strings.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

98UM

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »
I am playing 98UM with some friends for a while and feel that Eiji is a pretty damn tough character to beat.

I main both Geese, Krauser, EX Yuri, EX King and Brian and don't really what to do with these characters.

Advices would be really appreciated!!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
There is a bunch of good information in the thread if you haven't read through it.

Eiji is a cheap bastard. You gotta understand is move list to stand a chance. His qcf+C has hella far reach and can even stop hops pre-preemptively. His dp+P can reflect fireballs and has a big hit box. The heavy punch version is active FOREVER which can throw people off. His hcb+D slash is safe on block, and his qcb+P is a good anti-air. He has many good tools for many different situations. his qcf~hcb+P super has an enormous hit box and it's good as a whiff punish, anti-air and to snuff out fireballs.

For your characters, I would avoid throwing fireballs at Eiji if you're opponent is good with his dp+P reflector and when he has meter, his fireball super as I mentioned can eat them up.

I would also say you should try your best to get close to him as you can and pressure him. He doesn't have an invincible reversal, so if you knock him down, stay on his ass.

98UM

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 05:36:53 AM »
Thx a lot Desmond for your reply!! Which character would you pick up among mine if you were me? Brian seems pretty free but I still have some success against Eiji with EX King (as she counters pretty fast against dat cheap bastard!!) and Normal Geese (he's pretty sure at pressuring the broken ninja in the screen corner with his cutting Reppuken)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
Thx a lot Desmond for your reply!! Which character would you pick up among mine if you were me? Brian seems pretty free but I still have some success against Eiji with EX King (as she counters pretty fast against dat cheap bastard!!) and Normal Geese (he's pretty sure at pressuring the broken ninja in the screen corner with his cutting Reppuken)

Pick Shingo, Terry, Takuma and Normal Geese.

98UM

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »
Thx! I would go for Takuma and Normal Geese. What are Takuma's options against the ninja?

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 03:33:33 AM »
Eiji can combo his st.D from a hit confirmed cr.A. His normals are pretty decent for block strings and what not. Good push back on most of his special moves.
Just Don't look in the trunk...