Author Topic: March 29-31 2013 Atlanta, GA "FINAL ROUND XVI"  (Read 4749 times)

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
March 29-31 2013 Atlanta, GA "FINAL ROUND XVI"
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
FINAL ROUND XVI

Atlanta, Ga.

Friday, March 29, 2013 -- Sunday, March 31, 2013

The 16th installment of FINAL ROUND is back and better than ever! Thank you to EVERYONE that attended FRXV in making it the biggest Fighting Game Tournament on the East Coast with over 1500+ competitors from around the world competing to be the best in their favorite games. With Japan shocking the world with FinalRoundbats season #2 champion Kusoru "Ageo Joe" winning UMVC3 at FRXV on American soil with his V.Joe, Frank West, Rocket Racoon team made for high drama! What surprise's will happen at this years event? We hope that everyone that attended FRXV will come back and bring 5 friends with them. The location of the event is as followed:

Hilton Atlanta Airport

1031 Virginia Avenue

Atlanta, GA 30354

$93 per night for the double bed room under the Final Round discounted group rate.

Yes we are happy to return to the Hilton near the airport for FRXVI. Players that fly to FRXVI will be a 3 minute shuttle ride from the venue. There's a FREE 24 hour shuttle from the Airport to the tournament venue so no expensive cab rides from the airport this year. This location also has plenty of places to eat inside the venue and around the venue and it is PET FRIENDLY for you guys that bring your pets to the tournament.

This year we'll be using the EVO/UFGT pool system (16 man brackets per pool, double elim) for all tournaments at FRXVI to complete the tournament in a timely manner. At this moment the games that are confirmed for now as Official events for FRXVI are the following:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Street Fighter 4 AE v.2012

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

King Of Fighters 13

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

Of course other games in the FGC will be added to FRXVI, so please stay tuned to www.finalround.org to get the full details/updates to the tournament roster. Also keep an eye out for promotional trailers and early bird registration coming soon! If you can't attend FINAL ROUND XVI then please watch our live streams all three days on the following stream channels:

Team Spooky-- http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Finalroundbats-- http://www.twitch.tv/finalroundbats/

Online Early Bird Special for registration will announced at a later date. There will be more info coming soon so get hype for the longest running
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:08:54 AM by solidshark »
FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community"

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: March 29-31 2013 Atlanta, GA "FINAL ROUND XVI"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »
I will be there ShinBlanka.  This is Marcus.  Thanks for bringing the FinalRoundBats tournament down to Atl scene as well.

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:40:11 AM »
I will be there ShinBlanka.  This is Marcus.  Thanks for bringing the FinalRoundBats tournament down to Atl scene as well.
hey marcus.  What is your name on facebook page?

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
Here's the new teaser trailer for FINAL ROUND 16 FINAL ROUND 16 teaser trailer

Early bird online registration is now open, but will be closing soon. Early Bird Online Registration for FINAL ROUND 16 is Live at
http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

Don't miss out on the discounted badge price and get properly regional seeding in your favorite tournament game/s. Stay tuned for more info on the longest running FGC event on the EC.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:12:34 AM »
Just registered so I'm planning to make a huge impact here, see everyone there.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

DaRabidDuckie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:53 PM »
Who wants some stick mods? XD

Gummowned, Vicko, and I are teaming up again for Final Round to take care of all your stick modding needs! We'll be modding all weekend, but mods are first come, first serve. If the traffic is anywhere near last year's, you can expect us to be busy all weekend. Get your stick to us as early as possible to make sure we're able to get to it!  We do reserve the right to adjust the queue based on the difficulty of jobs. Repairs will almost always go to the back of the queue, so generally we don't even take them until Sunday.

Basic prices:

Dual mods: $80 for most models. Includes auto-detection if you're starting with a 360 stick or an Official-brand Hitbox. If you want Auto-detection on a PS3 stick, add $20. Hitboxes add $20 to account for the SOCD cleaner board that needs to be installed to make it tournament-legal at most tournaments.
RJ45 mods (detachable cables): $100 for 360 sticks, $140 for PS3 sticks. Extra cables for are $10. If you're wanting an NES, SNES, Dreamcast, or PS1/PS2 cable, please inquire so we can have them on hand.
LED Mods: Contact Gummowned in advance. Prices vary by model.
PS3 pad dual mods are possible, but can not be done onsite. Please contact Gummowned in advance.

Repair rates: (NOTE: Duckie (ie: Me, the guy with the eye patch) is usually the only one willing to take repairs before Sunday.)

Warranty repairs: Ask.
Jobs that require soldering: $20/hr, with 1 hr guaranteed.
Jobs that don't require soldering: Ask. For the easy stuff there's a tip jar. Toss something in it and we're good.
USB cable replacement: $20
Extra Breakaway cables: $5

SPECIAL OFFER!

Vicko will also be on-hand selling custom balltops by Gandakris. If you have a special request, contact Vicko in advance (and do it early!). Gandakris is a wonderful artist, so be sure to check out the gallery on her Facebook page!

FAQ:

Q: How long does a dual mod take?
A: Depends on how busy we are. Usually an hour or two. So if you're eighth in line, that means it can take anywhere from eight to sixteen hours to get your stick back. It'll probably be much faster than that, but it's just best to be prepared to not have your stick for a while.

Q: Can you dual mod pads?
A: Yes, but not on site. It's actually more expensive than dual modding a stick because the process is harder and it takes longer. If you need a pad dual-modded, contact Gummowned. If you're wanting a PS3 pad dual modded, keep in mind that you'll lose the analog sticks in the process. Madcatz 360 Fightpads and Brawlpads are also dual-moddable.

Q: Do you still do the USB cord mod for PS3 pads?
A: Nope. It turned out to be too much of a hassle in the end. I no longer offer that mod.

Q: I need to compete. Can I get my stick back?
A: Sure, but if you're not back by the time we'd start working on it, you're going to the back of the line. If it's being worked on when you need it, then you'll have to borrow another stick. That's why it's best to get to us early!

Q: Why are 360 sticks cheaper to work on?
A: PS3 boards are easier to program, so when we're adding PS3 to a system we can add special boards that add all kinds of cool stuff, most commonly auto-detecting between PS3 and 360.

Q: Can I request a specific modder?
A: Absolutely! If you wish to request a specific modder, make sure we write it down on the ticket or it's up for grabs!
Shimapan destroyer.