Author Topic: MadKoF made me do it  (Read 3468 times)

goldenxcross

• New Challenger
  • I only play pretty characters.
    • View Profile
MadKoF made me do it
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:49 AM »
I'm new to KoF, but not really new to fighting games.  I played SFAE before, but to be quite honest, I got bored of it pretty fast.  After watching MadKoF at EVO this year, I decided to pick it up, and I can honestly say I don't regret it, nor have I gotten bored of it.  I'll definitely appreciate any tips to really get into the game!
I live in SoCal, so if anyone ever wants to get together for some games, I'll be down for whatever!

Reversal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: MadKoF made me do it
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »
Welcome!

Hungry Color

• New Challenger
  • Bread N' Butter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »
I'm new to KoF, but not really new to fighting games.  I played SFAE before, but to be quite honest, I got bored of it pretty fast.  After watching MadKoF at EVO this year, I decided to pick it up, and I can honestly say I don't regret it, nor have I gotten bored of it.  I'll definitely appreciate any tips to really get into the game!
I live in SoCal, so if anyone ever wants to get together for some games, I'll be down for whatever!

You got so hype over MadKOF you decided to buy this game and join here?

Awesome!

I've had the game for awhile, but I will admit Evo2012 was a huge reason why I decided to come here as well.

goldenxcross

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
tbqh, the EVO top 8 for KoF were pretty hype.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 02:51:00 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel goldenxcross. You'll be able to get a lot of tips from the forums, especially the character sections of XIII, and our wiki.

I'm guessing you'll be getting into Benimaru and the ladies with that avatar, so enjoy.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

goldenxcross

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
Actually I have been a hueg fan of '98 Iori since CvS(2), Duo Lon after Evo, and Athena because she glitters a lot.

Hungry Color

• New Challenger
  • Bread N' Butter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:11:22 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel goldenxcross. You'll be able to get a lot of tips from the forums, especially the character sections of XIII, and our wiki.

I'm guessing you'll be getting into Benimaru and the ladies with that avatar, so enjoy.

Haha, I only see a bear in his av, but his extra member title thing would lead to that, yes.

Personally if I have Andy Beni and like, Ash or Saiki on my team, (or Kyo) I'll refer to them as team prettyboy.  ;)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:36 AM »
Forgot about Ash and Saiki. Ah well.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

I want you to know this place is amazing at giving you the help you need. I am a Duo Lon and Iori Player and I'd be happy to help you out!

But Be aware CVS characters aren't really the same as their KOF counterpart. So check Iori out before you use that as a deciding factor. Also, If you are gonna play Duo Lon make sure you like him not just want to play him because you saw mad playing him. Duo takes dedication and skill to use properly so you really need to be committed to him in order to play him really well.

My psn is Crimson_King15 and I'll assist you with anything you need IF you are on psn

goldenxcross

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
I definitely played through many of the characters before deciding on Iori/Duo Lon.  I'm still pretty iffy actually on my 3rd character; I like that Athena has projectiles but I'm not sure yet if she's for me.

Would love to get some games in at some point when I'm not terrible, but I'm on XBL.  ;;

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »
I definitely played through many of the characters before deciding on Iori/Duo Lon.  I'm still pretty iffy actually on my 3rd character; I like that Athena has projectiles but I'm not sure yet if she's for me.

Would love to get some games in at some point when I'm not terrible, but I'm on XBL.  ;;

Ahhh xbox. I can still assist Via skype if you do settle on Iori or Duo.

I play both Claw and Flame but I main Claw Iori.
As for projectiles 80% of the cast has those.lol I think once you mess around a bit you'll find some people who's play style you like.