Author Topic: KOF 98UM - EX Geese  (Read 13235 times)

Dark Geese

Re: KOF 98UM - EX Geese
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:23 AM »
I usually throw it out to avoid anyone running up on me. For instance, stuffing a Benimaru grab mix up attempt.

It's very good, but again since we are talking about Krauser, it won't prevent Krauser from getting in on you. He has a counter for that even, his High Counter and his Deadly Rave Super. So if you start abusing Far St.C a keen Krauser will either High Counter you or Deadly Rave, therefore really making it where you can't abuse that as much as you'd like.

But for EX Geese vs. Geese, this is a very key normal, because Regular Geese must get in to do his damage, and Far St.C keeps Geese away from you for the most part. Yes he can counter you also to get in, but unlike Krauser, Regular Geese HAS to get in in order to do any damage to EX Geese.

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 06:17:42 AM »
The far C is only situational and only when you know you can hit someone. I would be more focused on pressuring krauser. The closer you are, the more you disable his arsenal. Most of his normals are slow, he won't be able to blitz ball or kaiser wave.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
The far C is only situational and only when you know you can hit someone. I would be more focused on pressuring krauser. The closer you are, the more you disable his arsenal. Most of his normals are slow, he won't be able to blitz ball or kaiser wave.

Agreed 100%.

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
what is the trick behind doing  ;dn ;a to rising storm..??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkUQkJ-DW-U&feature=player_profilepage#t=322s

and -a genral question- in 98 combos startin by  ;dn ;b  ;dn ;a or  ;b into super are  they hit confirmable..??

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
You have to sneak that down B and A into the motion of the rising storm. The Geese in that video was probably doing this (this is 2p side as he was on)

;df;b  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df + ;a ;fd  ;df ;dn ;db;a

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
what is the trick behind doing  ;dn ;a to rising storm..??

and -a genral question- in 98 combos startin by  ;dn ;b  ;dn ;a or  ;b into super are  they hit confirmable..??
I do it like this-

cr.bxxhcbxxcr.axx hcb to df+p=Raging Storm has it and yes it is hit confirmable. If you forget the df at the end and just tap punch it becomes his Rashoumen Command Grab Super so that's a way to hitconfirm both of them.

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
domo arigato...
Desmond  method are easier in pad...
D.G's is harder but more confirm-able...
back to training mode...

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
 ah and something is old but maybe some new guys don't know it..
in max mode moves do more push back in hit and block ..so some moves will be safer..like geese hcb+ ;a  then no fear to be punished ( in general)  after doing it  the  ;dn ;b ;dn ;a  hcb+ ;a  combo in block

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 07:50:04 PM »
what is the trick behind doing  ;dn ;a to rising storm..??

and -a genral question- in 98 combos startin by  ;dn ;b  ;dn ;a or  ;b into super are  they hit confirmable..??
I do it like this-

cr.bxxhcbxxcr.axx hcb to df+p=Raging Storm has it and yes it is hit confirmable. If you forget the df at the end and just tap punch it becomes his Rashoumen Command Grab Super so that's a way to hitconfirm both of them.

Yeah I kinda use this method, only slightly modified... Instead of a conventional ;hcb , its more like ;df ;dn ;db + ;b ;fd ;df ;dn ;db + ;a ;bk ;df + ;a ... I know it looks weird, but it only takes about 2-3 tries to actually get it down successfully and apply it... I also tend to use ;c instead of ;a because of my hand position, from years of playing VF, and SC, so adjusting to 4 buttons vice 3 isn't as quite a chore as it can be for some... I don't really combo into Raging Storm as much though, as people that are aware of what Geese players can (or should be able to) do can easily bait it out, unless they are at a frame disadvantage, which at that point its like "Don't Blow This Combo"... I prefer his command throw as strangely enough some cats don't expect to get caught by this move...

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
how can i benefit of this buff ??
f+B has 2F of frame advantage when blocked

Does he has a good frame traps ??

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »

Since you can move 2F before your opponent does, I mainly use it to see what or where the opponent does or goes after they block it. Then from there I decide upon if I want to keep the pressure or wait for the opponent's response.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 06:29:01 AM »

Since you can move 2F before your opponent does, I mainly use it to see what or where the opponent does or goes after they block it. Then from there I decide upon if I want to keep the pressure or wait for the opponent's response.

1-So can you were can i find his frame data and attacks hitboxes ??for him and new characters on UM??  something like that..

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ryo_Sakazaki_%28KoF_%2798%29

and if there were not.. is there another way to test frames and hitboxes ??
2. and I'm not sure ..but is his clD faster than clC  or I'm mistaken ??