Author Topic: Kula's video thread  (Read 4454 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Kula's video thread
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kula's video thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »
Cool string. I made a meterless one before but I scrapped it because it wasn't reliable in my opinion. The guard crush string in the video actually suffers from the same problem, problem being that it takes for granted that opponent blocks low. The defending player could let themselves get hit by either of the Slider Shoots to get knocked down (80 damage) and ruin the guaranteed damage from the guard crush followup combo. My combo instead used reps of [dpC-qcbB-fD-] for a clean string, but I realized it would get ruined completely if my opponent stopped blocking low, so I scrapped it.

Although I've never used it in match since I felt guard crush strings that cost meter are a waste and that it was a pain to pay attention to opponent's meter, here's the string I came up with. It's better for at least these reasons:
1. Jump C is harder to react to than jump CD and it has faster startup.
2. You have a chance of hitting them with the Jump C to confirm into a regular HD combo whereas with jump CD you'd just knock them down if it hit unless it was counter hit in which case you could follow up with HD-bypass jump CD to DM max cancelled on whiff to anywhere-juggle NEOMAX for 558 damage. (3 bars)
3. Opponent can't ruin the combo by letting go of crouch block so it's a legitimate guard crush string.
4. It does more damage. (697 instead of 653)

j.C, cl.C-f.A (HDA) cl.C-f.A-qcbBD-f.B (HDC) dpC (HDC) qcbBD-f.B (Guard Crush)
Followup combo: hop C, cl.C-f.A-qcfAC, qcfC, qcbD, qcbB-f.B, dpC (HDC) hcbhcbBD

Notes:
1. Cancel the first hit of each cl.C into f.A
2. For the first EX Ray Spin - Stand, HDC the 1st hit of the Stand followup to dpC (2nd hit can't be HDC'd) just like in the video
3. Let yourself slide forward with HD activation long enough to be able to string cl.C into f.A

There's a good chance there's a stronger combo, probably by timing a dpC juggle to qcbD then doing DM...I'll edit this post in the future if I confirm the damage is higher because I find timed juggles tedious to figure out right now; I normally use less efficient combos that rig the height so I don't have to delay the dpC especially in matches with something on the line. If I get better I'll commit to using harder combos though. Even now, instead of qcbB-f.B, dpC[HDC]hcbhcbBD at the end I would probably do qcbB-f.B[HDC]hcbhcbBD since I would have a far lower chance of messing inputs up.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:31:00 AM by karn »
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »
Are regular matches that feature Kula ok? My friend challenged me to a FT4 money match and I played Kula on point. It was right after our local KOF Community Dinner  :)

KOF XIII - Battle For New Years (Friday, December 21, 2012)
BaM|karn(1P) vs. Cafeid|koogle translator(2P)
http://t.co/42BKR8BM

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
Very good kula at the beginning of this vid.

KoF XIII : Nishinippori Versus (2013/3/2) [Part 2]
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
2. You have a chance of hitting them with the Jump C to confirm into a regular HD combo whereas with jump CD you'd just knock them down if it hit unless it was counter hit in which case you could follow up with HD-bypass jump CD to DM max cancelled on whiff to anywhere-juggle NEOMAX for 558 damage. (4 bars)

This doesn't require EX DM in order to connect. You can use level 1 DM anywhere on the screen and the anywhere juggle NeoMAX will still connect.

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:33:54 AM »
2. You have a chance of hitting them with the Jump C to confirm into a regular HD combo whereas with jump CD you'd just knock them down if it hit unless it was counter hit in which case you could follow up with HD-bypass jump CD to DM max cancelled on whiff to anywhere-juggle NEOMAX for 558 damage. (4 bars)

This doesn't require EX DM in order to connect. You can use level 1 DM anywhere on the screen and the anywhere juggle NeoMAX will still connect.

Thanks. I even wrote DM and not EXDM. It should be 3 bars as you said. Cool running into you at NEC btw :)

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 03:55:33 AM »
Hey everyone, I used Kula in all of my matches at NEC XIV (Dec 7, 2013) except for my first match against RG|PachuKof.
You can check them out here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kpbfgc/search?query=karn

Here's my match vs AGE|Romance.
NEC 14 KOF XIII BAM Karn vs AGE Romance

I did better with Kula in the second match, but then Romance's Yuri beat my whole team. Tips against her would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:58:31 AM by karn »