Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56071 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
Not to mention that you found out how damn good his Ex qcf P is; it has full autoguard/guardpoint and leaves your opponent in a crumpled state (free DM).  It basically acts like a counter, it's pretty sick.
What can you combo with after EX qcf.P without spending another bar? And how fast is it?

Also how fast is his EX mid-air qcf.P? I know it has invincibility, but can he combo into it from a jump-in? I'm asking this for the possibility of any instant overheads?

The Ex qcf+P starts up like his regular version but it just "holds" the first frame longer.  Like any crumpled condition, I suppose the only thing you can do is his c.b~f+P (or basically any single special but you can't combo coz they'll fly away).

His air.qcf+P reminds me of Mai's dive punch (except it is an overhead) so it doesn't seem like it'll combo off an air normal (only j.A is cancelable).   It probably won't work as an instant overhead for two reasons, it's not fast enough, and he doesn't have the right normals to do an instant overhead.

---
Messed around with him today: d.B, df C, qcf C link is a lot easier than s.C, df.C, qcf+C which basically eliminates any accidental overlaps with his Galatic Phantom which I keep getting when I do the latter one.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:42:37 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »
Messed around with him today: d.B, df C, qcf C link is a lot easier than s.C, df.C, qcf+C which basically eliminates any accidental overlaps with his Galatic Phantom which I keep getting when I do the latter one.

I was getting that all the time too. It's a really sensitive input.

Kane, do you think you (or someone else) could give me some more general Ralf strategy? I like his normals, and his specials are cool, but I feel like I'm just not grasping his play style.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »

I was getting that all the time too. It's a really sensitive input.

Kane, do you think you (or someone else) could give me some more general Ralf strategy? I like his normals, and his specials are cool, but I feel like I'm just not grasping his play style.

Give us a couple more days, Reynald's messing around with him and he's always the quickest to pick up new characters so I'll keep you posted (Besides from the obvious '97 Ralf s.C, d.C spams which work oh so well)--and yes, his normals work so well, felt better than Clark's for some reason even though they are identical (perhaps Ralf has better priority/recovery).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:24:44 PM by Kane317 »

krazykone123

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41:34 AM »
Ralf wiki template is up, add info when you can

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »
wow awesome ralph combo in kusanagis vid:

;c;df ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c (?) than linked  ;dn ;c  ;bk ;fd ;a or  ;c dc into  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c into  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d

since his back forward move already launches, it might be possible to do his qcb move without dc'ing. this way youd even be able to do a nm after the dm (but youd have to use galactvica since his other dm probably doesnt cancel into nm.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 02:35:47 AM »
Best corner combo so far for him.

2 power bar - 50% drive bar - 55%
j.D, s.C (1hit) -> df+A -> qcb+AC, b~f+A, b~f+A -> (DC) qcf+C, qcb+AC, qcf+C, b~f+A, b~f+A

The last 2 b~f+A misses sometimes so it's good to replace it with b~f+C or qcfx2+AC instead of 2 b~f+A

You can also do another set if you have more power/drive bar and it'll end up doing 70%ish.

Note that his combo actually charges up about 1.5 power stock, so you'll actually be in deficit of half a power stock and less than 50% drive bar after completing the combo.

You can also opt to not do the 2nd qcb+AC and just finish with b~f+P for less damage (40-50% range) if you only have 1 power bar but you should end up charging one whole bar - ending with little change in power stock from where you began the combo.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:39:39 AM by Ash »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »
I could've sworn one of his attacks resembled one of Heavy D's attacks....

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »
Haha.. I assume you are talking about.  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a/ ;c? I has this response too when I first saw it.

Twinsen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:46 AM »
Been playing with Ralp for a bit and found something really useful with his QCF C, you can acutally connect more than just a crounching C.  You can actually connect a tackle super without using a drive cancel.  you can also connect his A version of the chargeback move.  So this will give you many more options.  So you can connect a free of DC super after qcf connects.  So now from crouching you can do Crouch C, Qcf P, b~f A, DC Qcf C, then either end with tackle super or another b~f A. have fun!

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 02:48:02 AM »
I've been messing with Ralf for a bit and I found a decent combo for midscreen punish:

stand C (one hit), df A, qcf C, crouch C, Charge bk ~ fwd C (two hits) (dc) qcb AC, qcb hcf B or D.

It does about 550 (I think 556 or thereabouts) for 2 stock and one drive. In the corner he's got alot of nastier stuff but I usually find myself doing this one as my punish of choice cause it's comparatively easy (the only problem I've had is the accidental galactica phantom once or twice).

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
im curious about ralphs corner potential, just how far can he take it? i was thinking of something like this: 

jump ;d, ;c, ;df ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;dn ;c, ;bk ;fd ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a, (free cancel move without DC meter) ;dn ;c, now after this you could either end the combo, use meter or go into HD mode (right?). lets say you do EX  ;bk ;fd ;a ;c, juggle with EX ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c, you could probably add another light ;dn ;db ;bk ;a, if the NM is fast enough finish it with NM. whats the consensus on this? possible and worthwhile? this is just 1 possibility, if you have meter and drive you could still find many different enders for the basic start of the combo. also if anyone is willing to try, any numbers?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »
im curious about ralphs corner potential, just how far can he take it? i was thinking of something like this: 

jump ;d, ;c, ;df ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;dn ;c, ;bk ;fd ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a, (free cancel move without DC meter) ;dn ;c, now after this you could either end the combo, use meter or go into HD mode (right?). lets say you do EX  ;bk ;fd ;a ;c, juggle with EX ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c, you could probably add another light ;dn ;db ;bk ;a, if the NM is fast enough finish it with NM. whats the consensus on this? possible and worthwhile? this is just 1 possibility, if you have meter and drive you could still find many different enders for the basic start of the combo. also if anyone is willing to try, any numbers?

After the c.b~f+A it automatically finishes in a qcf+A however, I highly doubt you can continue with a d.C otherwise it'll be a simple infinite.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 06:06:31 AM »
i thought they would get pushed too far back afterwards. damn, so you mean to tell me his  ;bk ;fd ;a always finishes with the  ;dn ;df ;fd finisher instead of the launcher?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 06:14:43 AM »
i thought they would get pushed too far back afterwards. damn, so you mean to tell me his  ;bk ;fd ;a always finishes with the  ;dn ;df ;fd finisher instead of the launcher?

Yeah watch his technical reference.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:19:07 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »
Yeah. If you check the wiki, it shows pics of A,C and EX versions.

I don't believe it's possible to follow qcf+A up with anything unless you DC it.