Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56081 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 11:46:27 PM »
"st. D, df+A, b~f+P...

How would you charge back during this combo?

hey i think to do it practically u would have to do...

hop *hold back* D, *hold back* s.D, d/f.A xx b~f.A

KOFXIII charge system seems to "store" your charge for a while, as long as you held the motion long enough... That's why Ash can do b.D xx d~u.B...

I believe it also let's you do shortcuts such as *hold d/b* > d/f.B > d~u.A... *referring to Leona HD video*

@krazykone123 - Thank you... u just assured Ralf a third spot in my team... that 100% is SICK...

Hmm, I'll test it out eventually.  Heck I'm going to try out Ralf some more today.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 02:49:33 PM »
- j. C, st. C, df+A, qcf+C, st. C [HD], st. C, df+A, qcf+C, b~f+A, ([DC] qcf+C, qcf+A)×3, qcfx2+AC, [MC] hcbx2+BD = 1002 damage

Is this not a typo? Ralf DC's from his light Hammer Punch into his strong Hammer punch three times? I thought the same move couldn't be DCed into unless it was an EX version (i.e. Burn Knuckle into EX Burn Knuckle). Is Ralf's Hammer Punch the only exception?

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 03:17:16 AM »
So I'm trying to determine what is Ralf's general metagame or focus in a matchup.
Due to his somewhat lacking combo potential outside of the corner coupled with drive cancels, I think he'll be somewhat of a spacing char that utilizes his normals.

His and Clark's sweeps have always been good. But in KOF I believe a weaker player can be highlighted easily by his reliance of sweep as a footsies tool. So part of my Ralf training when I get a chance to play this game will be understanding what is his optimal space. It would be very difficult to actually land BnB's playing such a way, but Kula plays on a similar premise, only she possesses stronger tools to do such.

So I will start in saying that cr. ;c is most likely his strongest tool in spacing as it drops his hitbox to better avoid certain aerials, and appears to have a good amount of active frames to stuff out a lot of distant options an enemy may have. Along with infamous far. ;c. His long range fishing poke of choice.

This may be speculation, but this isn't a completely uneducated one.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:19:55 AM by the_judge »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 04:02:24 AM »
So I'm trying to determine what is Ralf's general metagame or focus in a matchup.
Due to his somewhat lacking combo potential outside of the corner coupled with drive cancels, I think he'll be somewhat of a spacing char that utilizes his normals.

His and Clark's sweeps have always been good. But in KOF I believe a weaker player can be highlighted easily by his reliance of sweep as a footsies tool. So part of my Ralf training when I get a chance to play this game will be understanding what is his optimal space. It would be very difficult to actually land BnB's playing such a way, but Kula plays on a similar premise, only she possesses stronger tools to do such.

So I will start in saying that cr. ;c is most likely his strongest tool in spacing as it drops his hitbox to better avoid certain aerials, and appears to have a good amount of active frames to stuff out a lot of distant options an enemy may have. Along with infamous far. ;c. His long range fishing poke of choice.

This may be speculation, but this isn't a completely uneducated one.

Messing around with him myself and watching the local Ralf user Pizzero (Cali-Mexican) play him, his d.Cs and Far Cs has returned to his '97 goodness, and is quite spam-pokable.  He has decent mid screen combos that revolve around his: s.C, df.A, qcf+C, d.C --> combo follow ups.  His air.qcf+P is near impossible (short of Ex moves) to punish after block, you have to see it to understand (coz it sure looks punishable).

He's actually really fun this year.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
getting them to the corner is hard with ralf... specially with no hcf.K and Unblock... ya his combo game is weak outside of the corner... unless of course u have meter... then u can combo well anywhere... but thing is ralf has never been the combo type... he always had awesome normals that he had to utilize... only good thing now is most of his options have finally become safe... but bad thing is most of his reversals are gone... only time and practice will tell...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
Just wanted to make a small note about an observation: awhile back in one of these threads we were discussing the similarity of Clark and Ralf's normals and I said they were basically the same except the jump attacks.  Turns out they have a different s.CD as well and I noticed that some normals have different speeds than their counterpart (in this case, Clark's).  Far C seems faster with Ralf but s.D is slower.  e.g. Clark can do s.D --> df.A but Ralf cannot.  Ralf can only do s.C --> df.A

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 01:47:42 AM »
so i've seen in the videos Ralf did something like s.C, d/f.A, qcf.C, b~f.A xx qcb~hcf.D...

now that requires a drive cancel... i was wondering can he connect qcf~qcf.A+C after a qcf.A_C???

and is his b~f.A safe on block? also how good are his bombs as anti-air now???

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Ralf had an instant overhead in XI... you had to straight jump C... and it was cancelable into mid-air qcf.A_C... can he still do it???

also for his mid-stage BC combo... can't he just loop s.C, d/f.A xx (b~f.A xx DC xx qcf.C) x 5-6... then finish with w/e???

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »
I can´t wait to try Ralf in this game, problem is a lot of the moves I used in XI are gone (unblock, upper and lower Ralk Kick & Argentina backbreaker)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »
I can´t wait to try Ralf in this game, problem is a lot of the moves I used in XI are gone (unblock, upper and lower Ralk Kick & Argentina backbreaker)

He plays very similar to his XII incarnation.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 04:14:41 AM »
so Kane317... did you get a chance to check those out?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48:57 AM »
so Kane317... did you get a chance to check those out?

No unfortunately, not with the tourney around the corner.  1 machine, 14+ players, everyone fighting to practice :(

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
Testing stuff out with Ralf.

s.C(1 hit),qcf+C, s.C lHDl, (s.C(1)qcf+C, b~f+A, HD cancel qcf+C, s.C) x<as long as HD bar is running> [note: you can also add in vulcan punch cancel into b~f+A] then finish combo with qcfx2+P, NEOMAX.

I'm not sure if this or something similar to this was posted up. Too lazy to read.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
Not to mention that you found out how damn good his Ex qcf P is; it has full autoguard/guardpoint and leaves your opponent in a crumpled state (free DM).  It basically acts like a counter, it's pretty sick.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 02:37:32 AM »
Not to mention that you found out how damn good his Ex qcf P is; it has full autoguard/guardpoint and leaves your opponent in a crumpled state (free DM).  It basically acts like a counter, it's pretty sick.
What can you combo with after EX qcf.P without spending another bar? And how fast is it?

Also how fast is his EX mid-air qcf.P? I know it has invincibility, but can he combo into it from a jump-in? I'm asking this for the possibility of any instant overheads?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth