Author Topic: KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists  (Read 16308 times)

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:43 AM »
I wanted to see what characters people would totally want if there is another iteration of kofxiii but with more characters.

but let's just not leave it at picking characters. let's categorize/theorize!

category 1: characters that would fit the system really well!
- think of the characters you'd like who would make sense with the drive cancel/hd combo system
- theoretical combos they could have
- possible ex moves

category 2: character's you'd just want to be in there cuz they're dope
- possible changes needed to make them fit?

all mine would probably be for category 2 because i'm not familiar enough with character's moves from previous kofs:

but my picks are
chris
blue mary (probably would be like clark)
vanessa (i could imagine DC'ing into her dashes into followups?)
yamazaki

geese
angel
k9999
bao

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:24:33 AM by choysauce »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:59:24 AM »
Category 1 is tough to me just because I think anyone can fit well into this system. But there are probably ones by their own track record that would fit under this so under C1, I'd say Heidern, Oswald, Geese, Adelheid, Angel, Malin, Choi, Whip, Shion, Vanessa and Shingo.

Category 2 characters would be Jhun, Maylee, Foxy, Rose (Bernstein), Shroom, Rimelo, Botan, Mukai, K9999, Eiji, Chizuru, Xiangfei, and many others.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
Considering they'll have to be changed in some way for the system differences between games my 5 I'll consider as all cat2 (probably to save myself theorycrafting move sets :P);

Vanessa, Ryuji Yamazaki, Gato, Bonne Jenet, Geese, Momoko, Mukai, Chizuru, Shion & Angel (Blue Mary and Whip notable mentions)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:52:29 AM »
Hard to say what the next game is going to be. It could be another revision, a KOF14, or Garou 2. Categories 1 and 2 are basically the same for me but I'll keep it at 12 characters maximum which seems like an even number to round off at.

Nameless (AKA K9999, AKA Tetsuo), Gato, Oswald, Angel, Whip, Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Shingo,

Son of Boss Team with Adelheid, Rock Howard, and son of... Whoever. I say son of Goenitz but maybe Mr. Big's sexually confused daughter that dresses like King?

And one brand new character. Could be whoever. Or Heidern. Heidern and Shingo are interchangeable. However, Heidern has one of the most badass supers in a fighter (Go to Hell!) so I'm good either way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:57:15 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »
I was about to say.

You all are forgetting Rock Howard which translates to you all fucking up. Good looking out, Louis.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
Son of Goenitz (I think he's technically a Clone) http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Sinobu_Amou

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
I would really want Vanessa and Kasumi in this game.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

Son of Boss Team with Adelheid, Rock Howard, and son of... Whoever. I say son of Goenitz but maybe Mr. Big's sexually confused daughter that dresses like King?

They could have Adel and Rose on a team. I thought I remember SNK saying Rose was meant to be playable but was cut due to time and budget.

Nagato1992

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
Wolfgang Krauser plz.  Also, Rock and Geese Howard along with Butt and Gato from MOTW and perhaps freeman?  I would say both of Kim's sons but most likely they will change Kim's moveset if there is a KOFXIIIUM.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
Claw Iori is a good version of Freeman. I'm for a Freeman outfit for Iori though, and maybe a counter super for shits 'n giggles.

Mr. Karate is a variation on Kushnood. Still possible he could get in at some point.

Kim's sons are a possibility, all they'd have to do is headswap Kim. If they were cheap and desparate for more characters they'd do it, and it could turn out well like how Saiki and Hwa Jai turned out.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 04:49:35 AM »
Well, first of all, I would to belive, in a KoF "Final/Real Edition", more than an "Unlimited Match" edition...

So, from this perspective:
#A thought for all legitimes characters, according to the storyline (Heidern, Adelheid, Rose, Vanessa, Ramon, Blue Mary, Seth, Whip, Rugal (maybe forgetting some), & all of those guys)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

#Also, I want to see an EX-Ryo, cause this char is just too much well suited in this XIII system. Then I can't imagine what an EX version with air Ko Ou Ken and 2 Ko Ou Ken's versions like Takuma's XIII, one crossing the screen and another just like Ryo's XIII...  :)

#In the same line, like to see an EX-Rugal(Orochi Rugal).

#I can see one guy who will do very well with this system... Choi! I imagine all of his "Senpuu Hien Zashi" with EX's and DC's, all over the screen... loool   x-D
(But I must confess, that with Choi, I will be happy seeing Chang)  :)

#Team also can be do well in... is the Orochi Team (with Chris, Yashiro, Shermie). Would really like to see them too.

#Those unavoidable guys and KoFXIII needs and do very good with the system too, are: Eiji, Geese, Oswald & Saisyu)

#These "Just Because I Like" and don't know if they will do well in XIII's system: Ryuji & Angel

#And to finish, 2 chars IMO, cannot do as well, but really wants to see them: Nameless & Kasumi

EDIT: Also yeah, you'r right @LouisCipher, the idea of Kim's sons... sounds very cute!  :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:16:15 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 04:58:53 AM »
If they bring back Ramon, they gotta' give him an El Fuerte alt-color.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »
How would Yamazaki and Angel not fit in this game? This game's systems seems very similar to KOF2002, so I'd think any character from 2002 would transition fine.

I forgot about EX characters I'd like. These are EX characters I'd really like to see:

EX Terry: Give him the Garou appearance. Lose Rising Tackle and Power Wave Projectile. Replace Power Wave Projectile with the Power Wave he had in 2000 (if memory serves me correctly) where it was a short-ranged blast. Make the EX Power Wave OTG similar to EX Iori's EX Koto Tsuki. Give him access to Power Dunk and Power Charge.

EX Robert: Give him the NGBC/KOFXI appearance. Replace his moveset entirely with the moveset he had in NGBC/KOFXI. Making him go from a typical fireball/uppercut style fighter to being a charge character is a big enough change in and of itself.

EX Kensou: Give him the KOFXI appearance (with at least one palette giving him his '98 appearance). Replace his moveset with his KOF'98 moveset. Aside from Chokyudan and Ryugakusai, he's practically an entirely different character - and even those moves are somewhat different from KOFXIII's versions.

EX Chin: Give him his KOF'98 appearance and moveset. Again, he's an almost completely different character from his KOFXIII version, with just a few moves in common with his newer counterpart.

Only problem with Rock is that SNK said they wouldn't put him in KOF until his story is finished in Garou. It actually wouldn't be a bad idea to do a Garou 2 now and finish it if they wanted him back. Garou's much smaller roster would give them a breath of fresh air, and making characters for Garou 2 could assist them in making a new KOF (EX Terry, Rock if they put him in, B.Jenet, Gato and Tizoc all being KOF entrants themselves. Hotaru as well if you count her KOFXI PS2 appearance.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:50:24 AM by the7k »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
You guys should read this:

There is one other criteria you guys should consider: if you are going to bring back a character, you should also keep in mind any other characters that would go with them.

For example, many of you guys are requesting Vanessa... but no Ramon. Vanessa without Ramon? That's just unthinkable IMO. It's one of those things that have to be. If you guys are just gonna put any random dude/dudette just because you feel like it, then the game might as well be MUGEN.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
That'd be good, but this is for fun dude, no need for sternness

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2