Author Topic: Balance issues and constructive suggestions  (Read 41883 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Balance issues and constructive suggestions
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
imo everything besides drop kicks are fine... i won't like to see top-tiers get nerfed... i rather see them buff the low-tiers... like 2K2:UM... that game's top-tiers are super strong... and while low-tiers aren't as strong, they still have options to counter top-tiers and do damage... while in XIII low-tier characters are given options due to EX moves... it's not enough when you have no meter... characters such as Mai and Clark and Ryo could have some of their moves back from previous versions...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
Yeah there was one recent Japanese terry that looked like he really knew his stuff, but that's pretty much it, one of those versus videos

Good info to know; I saw a JP video that had a Terry pressuring with (Close ;c -> CRACK SHOOT!) loops for guardbreaks and pressure right before you mentioned this, haha. Other than GCCD worries, I don't know why you wouldn't see this more often, on a majority of the cast...

imo everything besides drop kicks are fine... i won't like to see top-tiers get nerfed... i rather see them buff the low-tiers... like 2K2:UM...

This would be rather interesting to see. But I wonder how it'd work out? This is one of few cases were I might actually prefer the tops brought down... as bring everyone up to Raiden Dropkick kill level could really throw off the flow of the game. Everyone to K' level... hmmm. I dunno. I think She's a good base, really, lol. Solid options without meter, fantastic damage with any type of meter.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:59:45 PM by SAB-CA »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2011, 01:56:14 AM »
Liz doesn't need a nerf, just a bit slower recovery on whiff. Vice has just as much juggle ability from her 41236[BD], and that leads to even bigger damage combos.
Anywhere juggles that take meter can be compared to a DM.

This is an interesting point and 4leaf was discussing to me about this point.   One way of looking at it, is that Ex moves are completely new territory as far as KOF is concerned.  They were obviously designed to extend combos and enhance the attributes of specials and allow for new combo creativity.  Strictly speaking, Liz's DM is definitely an exception to the rule where normally DMs don't juggle in the manner she can do it outside of a "counter" message.  

Personally, I feel that certain special moves are setup do specific tasks such as juggle/reset/throw; Chin's hcf+K, Kyo's qcf+K (although personally I feel it should only juggle on grounded opponents otherwise it's like a dp+P that juggles without a counter msg--but I disgress), Andy's Kuhaadan Break (hcf+K~BD).  I feel that Vice's Ex DeCide was designed to do so and would fall under that category.  I dunno if the developers wanted Liz to juggle like that, but I'm fairly confident they didn't intend a second reset juggle.

Another way of looking at it is that Ex = DMs now, and therefore it would put Vice in the same category as Liz.  The reason why Vice can do more damage because Ex moves were setup that way, generally, less damaging than a DM alone but allows for further follow ups with [DC] etc...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:08:45 AM by Kane317 »