Author Topic: Balance issues and constructive suggestions  (Read 41873 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Bug, infinites, and balance issues and what we should do about it.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
I always thought that the KOF community hasn't been taken seriously in the states there's not too much people that play KOF

Also some kids who think that they were in the 90 try to bash SNK for everything thinking of the ''war'' between Capcom and SNK

Waifu Material

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 03:24:34 AM »
And BTW, 'they' don't take the US seriously not because of this stuff, they don't mainly because the US isn't that great at KOF. =/

One reason the US snk scene is lacking is because so many morons go on playing MvC2 and yet bash kof because of a kof video showing an infinite... like seriously?  You would think they'd be complaining that the game didn't have enough infinites.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:27:47 AM by Mecha-Shiva »

krazykone123

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 04:09:05 AM »
I simply totally disagree. But of course is just my point of view.

You're entitled to your opinion then

This doesn't mean infinites are something good for a game. Or at least, if there have to be infinites all characters should have one.

Well I wasn't implying that infinite combos are a good thing or should be left in, I'm just saying that they were left in before and people continued to play the game despite that, besides what would possibly be solved if they gave an infinite to every character in the game? it wouldn't change the fact that some characters would still have a better/easier chance of landing the infinite before you

and yeah I'll agree Mature was pretty busted since her inf had 25 variants with and without drive meter

Then they should give those "more options" to all the cast, not just Goro and Takuma.

Goro and Takuma having EX's without meter was a bug yeah but it still didn't break the game or make it un-playable (not like Mature's inf), besides giving the option to all characters across the board would once again not solve anything, just because they can do it too doesn't mean they'll be able to do it better

Or the game that you are creating is a broken game where two characters are overpowered and only characters with infinites or bugs like free EX moves can win.

I gotta admit seeing you flippantly throw the word "broken" around is funny, and for the record I wasn't implying this either, your favorite character can win if you're willing to put in all the work and effort, and that's regardless if your opponent is using bugs or not

Then just remove the rest of the cast and make a game with 4 characters, not 31. The other 27 are just useless.

Why remove the other 27 characters when you can just give them infinite's, and free st. C's after GCAB to balance out the game, right? 

First of all, I'm going to wait the console version. And I hope they include some kind of arrange mode more balanced than the arcade one, where K' and Raiden have been nerfed.

They don't need to be nerfed, K' only really has two problems (both of which are technical issues), and Raiden most certainly can be beaten

But if they don't do this, then I'm just going to put all my efforts in find the keys to defeat K' and Raiden with characters I like.

Now you're getting it

And if I can't because they so overpowered that is totally impossible win them without putting K' and Raiden in my team, then I'm not going to play this KOF anymore.

And you lost me again, seriously if you're just gonna quit out of frustration because you can't beat them with favorite characters you might as well quit from the jump, we don't need more people with that lame ass defeatist mentality
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:11:40 AM by krazykone123 »

Tech Romancer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 05:38:54 AM »
And BTW, 'they' don't take the US seriously not because of this stuff, they don't mainly because the US isn't that great at KOF. =/

One reason the US snk scene is lacking is because so many morons go on playing MvC2 and yet bash kof because of a kof video showing an infinite... like seriously?  You would think they'd be complaining that the game didn't have enough infinites.

Well, I've never really heard of anything like that. I've heard of various reasons KOF hasn't caught on here, but that wasn't one of them.

Not sure where that came from anyway. Because the scrubs will complain about infs in MvC2 too. The reason Marvel gets played are numerous; Made by Capcom, Marvel license, easy to pick up and play, fanboys, its been played for about a decade. Your analogy is pretty flawed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:45:00 AM by Tech Romancer »

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 06:37:03 AM »
Not sure where that came from anyway. Because the scrubs will complain about infs in MvC2 too. The reason Marvel gets played are numerous; Made by Capcom, Marvel license, easy to pick up and play, fanboys, its been played for about a decade. Your analogy is pretty flawed.

I have no clue what you took from my argument but I was pointing out that people played MvC2 regardless of its flaws but those same people(even the ones who know how to play the game well) from what I've seen in random threads in SRK bash KOF games for their infinites and random bugs.  I was saying that this mentality of being loyal to a certain game brand is what is hindering the USA snk scene.

What analogy did you think I was making because I don't see how it applies to what you just said?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:48:05 AM by Mecha-Shiva »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »
And you lost me again, seriously if you're just gonna quit out of frustration because you can't beat them with favorite characters you might as well quit from the jump, we don't need more people with that lame ass defeatist mentality

What? You gone too far. This wasn't a competition between you and me, or at least I never pretended it was. So i don't lost a shit. And play or not this game it's my decision and I don't care at all what "you" need and what not. Are you trying to start a fight or what? I never thought you could be this kind of person. I thought DreamCancel was a nice place where KOF fans/players can talk about KOF and share opinions. Disappointing.

I'm not going to talk more about this, since I think I said all what I have to say and this discussion is getting weird.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »
I think it's far simpler than you think; the reason why kof isn't as popular is due to accessibility and cultural preferences. Nothing to do with how we feel about the actual gameplay. We're getting off topic now.

Let's also keep the hostility/tone down.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:36:28 AM by Kane317 »

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
About the bugs, infinites, etc etc/

I think they should at least work on it....see what can be done. If a bug or infinite is better off left where it is, then sure (but infinites--very unlikely). Too bad very few of us are willing to compromise like this, everything is absolute nowadays.
Dude, Relax!

krazykone123

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
What? You gone too far. This wasn't a competition between you and me, or at least I never pretended it was. So i don't lost a shit.

I wasn't claiming this was a competition between you and me, I'm just stating the obvious, you mentioned before that you didn't like dealing with all the BS in games like SSFIV and Soul Calibur that people used to win right?, well you're gonna see a lot of that same shit when people hop on KOF XIII

And play or not this game it's my decision

Sure it's your decision

I don't care at all what "you" need and what not.

You say you don't care huh?

Are you trying to start a fight or what?

I don't start fights over the internet

I never thought you could be this kind of person.

Well sorry if I came across as brutal, I mean I'm just sharing my opinion

I thought DreamCancel was a nice place where KOF fans/players can talk about KOF and share opinions.

Well If you were thinking about leaving this website I can point you out some other KOF related websites where KOF "fans" can talk about KOF and share their opinions, sadly I'm not sure if they actually play the game or not but I don't think that would conflict with your decision of joining them so whatever

I'm not going to talk more about this, since I think I said all what I have to say and this discussion is getting weird.

Whatever you say

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Removed comment.  Unnecessary -Kane317
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:54:47 PM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
Well, to be fair, even though there's a lot of KOF communities in the WEB, I think that we should differentiate which is the purpose of everyone

At least I always saw dreamcancel as an attempt to create a webpage were we could talk from a competitive standpoint, about the KOF series, even though the info here isn't that much because still a good piece of this forum hasn't played the game yet, we had a lot of information thanks to the guys who had a KOF XIII machine in USA. In pages like SRK, or DC, Dustloop, etc, conversations will be based more on the technical stuff of the game, rather than a more ''Point of view from fans''

Speksnk in the other hand, is more a page based on SNK on general, more specifically the Neo Geo, there are really a good chunk of information from the neo geo, and SNK, like mannuals, some move lists, OST, and other stuff like that

And this is why I don't post in SpekSNK anymore, there are not threads which interest me at all because there nobody discuss what I want to see, and the times that they discuss that stuff lots of posters doesn't seem to know WTF they are talking. At least SPEKSNK still is the page which I visit everybody with the hope of seeing some news from SNK because there are always posting them in a short time after is announced.

Dreamcancel is a really peaceful page at least from me, I had seen a lot of worse ''hardcore'' pages where if you point that the sky is blue, they will throw tons of shits and will call you a noob just because sounds cool and they felt that are special because they knew more than the media. At least this page is very noob friendly, it seems like the guys who created this page really want to welcome anybody who is interested in play this game more seriously

Well, my two cents, I think that there is no need to go for you, you're a constant poster, just need to realize that the mentality here is really different of SPEKSNK, none of them is better than the other, they are just different

Well, back to topic, I had a question for those who had played KOF XII in arcade and consoles at the same time, there was any sort of balance in the console version?

There's so little of XII that I really never knew if the modified something in the console port, at least I hope that there's a trend with XIII where they try to fix the game
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:40:55 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »
At least SPEKSNK still is the page which I visit everybody with the hope of seeing some news from SNK because there are always posting them in a short time after is announced.
Nice to see some people visit SpekSNK, we try to do our best :)

Well, my two cents, I think that there is no need to go for you, you're a constant poster, just need to realize that the mentality here is really different of SPEKSNK, none of them is better than the other, they are just different
Exactly, this is why I'm here. As you said DreamCancel is another point of view about KOF and I'm really interested on it even I'm not a hardcore player.

Tech Romancer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »

I have no clue what you took from my argument but I was pointing out that people played MvC2 regardless of its flaws but those same people(even the ones who know how to play the game well) from what I've seen in random threads in SRK bash KOF games for their infinites and random bugs.  I was saying that this mentality of being loyal to a certain game brand is what is hindering the USA snk scene.

What analogy did you think I was making because I don't see how it applies to what you just said?

Oh. My mistake then - I thought you were making a comparison between how Marvel gets played and applied it to KOF in respect to the US. I see now you meant it a bit differently; agreed.

I think it's far simpler than you think; the reason why kof isn't as popular is due to accessibility and cultural preferences. Nothing to do with how we feel about the actual hand. We're getting off topic now.

Let's also keep the hostility/tone down.

I was alluding to this. Capcom is practically a namebrand for US, especially Street Fighter and other franchises like MegaMan. SNK...no, not nearly as much. I'd expect to see MvC3 on the boxes of cereal before I see Terry Bogard.

Also SNK products seem a bit more under the radar compared to Capcom ones over here.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:59:51 PM by Tech Romancer »

krazykone123

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
Removed comment.  Unnecessary -Kane317
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:54:38 PM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »
If effort to shift the topic in a more positive direction, news has it that AI will get the patch come this Thursday the 14th.  That we we can thoroughly test what other bugs that haven't been mentioned (like Iori's DM roll bug etc...).

Part of the reason I split the thread because there's been much talk about how to adjust Raiden's dropkick and I think it should be carried on here.

How do you guys feel about his GCCD into Dropkick, is that too much?  Seems like that's where most ppl draw that line, the GCDK.  Is removing just that alone enough or should we go reduce the damage, juggle anyway property, make the lvl3&4 a Ex move etc?  (or is this topic too late lol).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:35:00 AM by Kane317 »