Author Topic: Beginner's Fightsticks That Are Easily Upgradeable  (Read 2554 times)

CrystalCore

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Beginner's Fightsticks That Are Easily Upgradeable
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:59:30 PM »
I am looking into getting a fight stick and a lot of people say that the Madcatz SE Brawlstick is easily upgradeable if one wants to put in Sanwa or Seimitsu quality parts later.

Are there any other brand fightsticks similar to the Madcatz ones in terms of just switching in and switching out arcade parts without being able to solder?

Also, if I wanted to use a fightstick for both fighting games and shooting games/shmups (stuff like Gradius, Galaga and R-Type, not 1st Person Shooters), would it be better to use Seimitsu for the joystick?

Maker

• New Challenger
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy...
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Fightsticks That Are Easily Upgradeable
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
I have no exp with seimitsu but i do have two full sanwa madcatz te sticks for sale. Lemme know if interested after someone m,ore knowledgeable helps you out with sanwa vs seimitsu.
Always improve.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Fightsticks That Are Easily Upgradeable
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 05:09:39 AM »
if youre okay with scraping off that atrocious art, get the brawlstick its only $30. thats as cheap as it gets. i think some goo-gone will do the job. you get to choose youre own color buttons and ball top as well. ;)

i have an old SSIV madcats SE with an LS-58. havent scraped the art, but its not quite as bad as those half-naked wrestlers. its a great moddable stick. only downside i see is that the smaller case probly isnt as comfortable on the lap as some of the bigger ones.

i think you should go with a seimitsu stick if you want to use it for non FGs as well. i reccomend the LS-58 with octogon gate, i think its probly the best stick for stuff thats not FGs. the inputs are so quick and smooth to do. if you have the money get more than one joystick like a JLF, just to try other ones out and see what you like. some swear by it and say its awesome for FGs as well, but the LS-58 can be pretty annoying for them because of the tiny throw distance. while its potentially easier for jumps and dashes, its really easy to miss the diagonals doing quick motions, unless you are  riding the gate, and depending how hard you do it can really slow down your motions. riding the gate is a bad habit you dont want to form. while i havent tried it, if you can only get one joystick right now, and want to use it for stuff besides FGs too, you should probly go with an LS-32.

im going to make use of the brawlstick sale so i can have both a sanwa and seimitsu setup, and probly get a couple more seimitsu sticks to try out. really not looking forward to scraping off that art though. x_x