Author Topic: Mai Shiranui d.B d.A >d.C help!!  (Read 2935 times)

aesthetiks

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Mai Shiranui d.B d.A >d.C help!!
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
 ;dn ;b ;dn ;a ;dn ;c grrrrr cant get that C out all the time!! any tips?? does my timing just suck??

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui d.B d.A >d.C help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
You should post your questions about Mai in her section of the character forums in the future.

Still, from what i've read/heard, and from the feel of the link i'd guess it's a one frame link for d.A into d.C, meaning you have to hit precisely right on the sixtieth of a second. It probably is your timing that is the problem, but you don't really need that link to play her in my opinion. You should be fine with the much more reliable d.B d.B s.A string or d.B s.B s.D for that matter.

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »
I gave up the possibility of doing it consistently, but what did help me is looking at the animation for cr.A and pressing C when Mai is.. well if its the animation I recall, its when she starts bringing her fan back.

You may have different results depending on the lag of your display, not sure.

Also if you can buffer the special move in at a consistent time, that sometimes helps.  I was doing cr.B, cr.A, then back, down-back, down+C, down-forward, forward + D.  I found it was somewhat consistent when I got into a rhythm.

Vanilla

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:27 AM »
2A 2C is a 1f link. It is possible to do consistently, but it will take a lot of practice.