Author Topic: Raiden (Arcade Version)  (Read 37013 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »
wow man looking at that vid makes me pretty sure the combo i said should be possible.

jump in C -> cr. C -> EX giant bomb -> lvl 4 dropkick -> st. A -> lvl 4 dropkick -> EX giant bomb -> giant bomb   -> max cancel into neo max.

jump in C -> cr. C -> lvl 4 dropkick -> st. A -> lvl 4 dropkick -> EX giant bomb -> combo into normal gaintbomb and go to nm or keep on comboing without nm, but with use of drive cancels and ex moves.

he has those drop kicks charged hes a real menace if he gets a hit in. especially a crouching C.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
Combos from Arcadia:
1/ d.B x1~2, s.A, Head Crusher (hcf+K)
2/ j.D, d.C, Ex qcb P, A Giant Bomb (charge db~f+P), [DC] Raiden Bomb (dp+P)
3/ Air.j.CD, Drop Kick (lvl 3~4), Ex Giant Bomb, (corner) Raiden Bomb
4/ (Corner) Air.j.CD, Drop Kick (lvl 3~4), Ex Giant Bomb, [DC] C Poison Mist (qcb+C), Ex Giant Bomb/ A Giant Bomb, Raiden Bomb

HD:
- s.D [2hits], HD, d.C, (Ex Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist, A Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist) x2, Ex Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist,  A Giant Bomb, Raiden Bomb ~ 788 damage, 3 stocks, near corner

-d.C, HD, d.C, Ex Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist, A Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist, d.C, Max Drop Kick, Ex Giant Bomb, [HDC] C Poison Mist, A Giant Bomb, Raiden Bomb ~ 1029 damage, 2 stocks, near corner
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:29:22 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
nice combos, but i think he could do way more damage for those non hd mode ones.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
Finally got it translated courtesy of PS over at ON:

Stage 1: Charge time 4 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: None. On block frame disadvantage: HUGE. 100 damage.
Stage 2: Charge time 8 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: slight, before attack comes out. On block frame disadvantage: Medium. 150 damage.
Stage 3: Charge time 12 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Normal. Invincibility: Until right after kick comes out. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 200 damage.
Stage 4: Charge time 16 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Fast. Invincibility: All throughout move. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 250 damage.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »
aight, nice. already saw a nice combo on those nico vids without going hd.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
Alright guys, Raiden has changed since the new patch. They've definitely changed the charge times for lvl3 and lvl4 Dropkicks. Mr. KoF says that level 3 dropkick will only work after 16+? secs after holding the button. And lvl4 will work after 25+? secs. You guys still think he's top tier?
PSN- MrGreen-AI

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 02:19:31 AM »
Somewhat, how easy was it to hold 16+ secs?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:23:59 AM by PureYeti »

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 02:31:13 AM »
Not as easy as you would think 'holding down 2 buttons' is. There are only 3 people at AI that use Raiden, we all agree he's not the biggest threat in the game. He's not even on par with K'. Then again, these are the opinions of the people who actually know how to use Raiden.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 07:07:21 AM »
Not as easy as you would think 'holding down 2 buttons' is. There are only 3 people at AI that use Raiden, we all agree he's not the biggest threat in the game. He's not even on par with K'. Then again, these are the opinions of the people who actually know how to use Raiden.

It's a damn shame too, I REALLY wanted to use Raiden this year but I probably won't touch him until they tone him down, too distasteful for my taste.

Edit: Didn't read about his charge time increase...most interesting.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:18:23 PM by Kane317 »

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 03:58:56 AM »

It's a damn shame too, I REALLY wanted to use Raiden this year but I probably won't touch him until they tone him down, too distasteful for my taste.

Edit: Didn't read about his charge time increase...most interesting.

Raiden is one of my mains in KOF XII, so was planning on using him for KOF XIII. 

My suggestion, just don't use the drop kicks?

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
I've been watching some archive of a KoF XIII tourney between a bunch of Japanese players (I'm assuming) and Raiden really looks like the Sentinel of this game considering of the 10 players (not the actual number just an estimate) it seemed like 8 of them had him on their team. I can understand why, though I don't want to use him when I get the chance to play simply because his techniques are insane and the fact that once you have the charge an anti air jab can lead to...full health lol.

With that aside I've been thinking about how you are supposed to shut him down with strong offense to beat him and while watching the vids I never once saw him hop. My question is does he not have a hop? If not that's good, that seems like it'd be balanced.

Should be clear with this comment that I haven't played a whole lot of KoF. I'm extremely interested though!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »

Preach On Brotha! Even after eating two or three drop kicks per game...i can safely say i can still win. I'd love to play anyones Raiden besides Reynald's.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »
With that aside I've been thinking about how you are supposed to shut him down with strong offense to beat him and while watching the vids I never once saw him hop. My question is does he not have a hop? If not that's good, that seems like it'd be balanced.
Raiden does have a hop. Everyone in KOF(not counting bosses) does.  If he didn't have a hop people would turtle him hardcore and he'd have to use Drop Kicks and shoulder charge to close the distance.  Running is not that fast in this KOF from what I've seen.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:20 PM »
soo some balancing was done? how long do you have to charge now? also, other changes?

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »
Raiden does have a hop. Everyone in KOF(not counting bosses) does.  If he didn't have a hop people would turtle him hardcore and he'd have to use Drop Kicks and shoulder charge to close the distance.  Running is not that fast in this KOF from what I've seen.

Okay, TY. If the 25 second charge in the update is true then that seems to me to be much more balanced. pretty much if you miss one the option is gone. You can combo with the lvl 3 out of a jab still though?