Author Topic: Raiden (Arcade Version)  (Read 37011 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:04 AM »
when this page also gets the update add dropkick levels with amount of time needed fot that level (did the amount of time change or not?) an d the damage each level does.

all this info should really be welcome for anybody thats been thinking of getting into 13.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:34 AM »
when this page also gets the update add dropkick levels with amount of time needed fot that level (did the amount of time change or not?) an d the damage each level does.

all this info should really be welcome for anybody thats been thinking of getting into 13.

I think it's hard to test it now that most ppl have v1.1  The only thing we can do is to get someone to test it in v1.0 (France still has 1.0) in training mode with the exact same timer setting, and get someone else to test it in v1.1.

More and more reports are still saying the DK are the same including the Professor (mmcafe) person recent report over in Japan.  I wish my AI friends were right but I'm pretty sure they're not.

---
Watching the latest set of KCE (around 398ish), I am convinced entirely that Raiden is best played with just the D button held.  You lose his awesome crossup but you still can cancel off of his d.B, s.B into SDM; d.B, d.A into DM; d.B, d.A into hcf+K; or d.B, s.B, Dropkick into Ex Tackle x2 and so forth.  You still can do his GCDK shenanigans so you only really lose his crossup D minimizing his losses.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:29:56 PM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
Watching the latest set of KCE (around 398ish), I am convinced entirely that Raiden is best played with just the D button held.  You lose his awesome crossup but you still can cancel off of his d.B, s.B into SDM; d.B, d.A into DM; d.B, d.A into hcf+K; or d.B, s.B, Dropkick into Ex Tackle x2 and so forth.  You still can do his GCDK shenanigans so you only really lose his crossup D minimizing his losses.
By holding D you also lose his overhead, which was used to great effect in some of the videos. s.D -> HD -> cr. C -> shoulder tackle shenanigans -> so much death.

What most struck me about the recent videos is that Raiden is, even if they were to nerf his dropkicks, is an incredibly solid character. Great normals, ridiculous damage output, excellent defense, etc. Most people have just been playing him a gimmick character, but he's even more dangerous as an all-around character.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
On one of the last vids I saw a 95% combo and the guy only charge the DKs for only 10-11 seconds. That's just plain stupid.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
By holding D you also lose his overhead, which was used to great effect in some of the videos. s.D -> HD -> cr. C -> shoulder tackle shenanigans -> so much death.

What most struck me about the recent videos is that Raiden is, even if they were to nerf his dropkicks, is an incredibly solid character. Great normals, ridiculous damage output, excellent defense, etc. Most people have just been playing him a gimmick character, but he's even more dangerous as an all-around character.

I'm confident now, with the Professor's personal reports among others, that the dropkicks have not changed.  They did not get nerfed. 

On one of the last vids I saw a 95% combo and the guy only charge the DKs for only 10-11 seconds. That's just plain stupid.

I dunno which one you're referring to as I watched all of them, but I'm sure it was a lvl3 12 sec drop.  Was it a double Ex Tackle?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »
damn, thats  a shame. also who is the one changing the character threada with the added info? nill or kk123? one of you should hit up the takuma thread and see my post about what can be improved for these threads.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »
damn, thats  a shame. also who is the one changing the character threada with the added info? nill or kk123? one of you should hit up the takuma thread and see my post about what can be improved for these threads.

You know, we all could post information ourselves instead of letting kk123 and nilcam do 90% of the work. 

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »

I'm confident now, with the Professor's personal reports among others, that the dropkicks have not changed.  They did not get nerfed. 

I dunno which one you're referring to as I watched all of them, but I'm sure it was a lvl3 12 sec drop.  Was it a double Ex Tackle?

yes
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 12:40:36 AM »

You know, we all could post information ourselves instead of letting kk123 and nilcam do 90% of the work. 

its not possible to modify other peoples posts. and i only got acces to 13 from vids, only info i can get is from what other people do on these vids. if i was actually playing the game...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 02:10:24 AM »
damn, thats  a shame. also who is the one changing the character threada with the added info? nill or kk123? one of you should hit up the takuma thread and see my post about what can be improved for these threads.

its not possible to modify other peoples posts. and i only got acces to 13 from vids, only info i can get is from what other people do on these vids. if i was actually playing the game...

You do realize that neither does kk123, doesn't stop him from posting.  He makes an effort to search BBS, I want to say over 50% of the combos I post are from BBS that I can't read either and I go thru translate.google.com, then go to my Mook that I can't read, match the words that didn't get translated correctly, then post.  You can learn a lot from the videos as well.  It's all about making an effort to help the community. =)

---
In other news, this is the second post that Professor has made about it in 2 days:

[Edit] I keep getting mails asking if Raiden's dropkick takes longer to charge in KOFXIIIVer1.1-- quick answer is no, it's still real-time 12s for Lv3 and 16s for Lv4.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:13:48 AM by Kane317 »

krazykone123

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
Raiden XIII wiki is done, I think it turned out quite nice imo

questions/comments/suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 07:01:44 PM by krazykone123 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
Looks really good. Two small criticisms:

Under pros, you list:
- Top Tier
- When mastered he can OCV a whole team on his own

I think a list of pros should explain why a character is top tier, rather than simply state that he is on top. So I don't think that's really necessary. Also, saying a character can "OCV" "on his own" is a bit redundant.

And one question, which doesn't specifically relate to the Raiden page:

Is it alright to be using scans from the mook? I just want to check that whoever owns DC.com isn't worried about receiving a C&D from some Japanese lawyers.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
The usage of these images in the wiki should be covered by fair usage since we are nit just displaying scanned pages, the audience is different than the targeted audience and the information provided is factual. If we get a C&D, we'll remove the scanned bits.

krazykone123

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:11 AM »
Looks really good. Two small criticisms:

Under pros, you list:
- Top Tier
- When mastered he can OCV a whole team on his own

I think a list of pros should explain why a character is top tier, rather than simply state that he is on top. So I don't think that's really necessary. Also, saying a character can "OCV" "on his own" is a bit redundant.

Sorry, I was having a little too much fun writing up his page, removed

EasyPie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 05:09:12 AM »
We have a wiki here? May direct me to it please?