Author Topic: Would KoF be more popular in the states if it was a 1v1 game?  (Read 16347 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Would KoF be more popular in the states if it was a 1v1 game?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 09:09:25 PM »
Like some other post said, I don't get why SNK fans hate so much other fighting games, I'm a fighting games fan but at the same time more sided with SNK games, I support them on everything, even if the games sucks I still want to help them with buys since I know that they will need all the money on the world to develop games that are at the circumstance (even though I don't hated any of the games released by SNK, even sam sho sen it's funny to me : p )

KOF will hardly be mainstream ever, the main goal that SNKP and KOF should achieve in the states is bring more fighting games fan to their side, but not because ''I hate this game, I should try other thing'' but more because they saw the game and they really liked them

At least I respect almost all the fighting games that at this moment are played competitively, because they must had SOMETHING to made them reach that status. I'm a virtua fighter fan too, but a long time ago I surpassed the hate against tekken saying that the game was a button mashing game. The same with street fighter, you must play a game deeply to start hate it but at least with arguments, at least I don't like SSF IV that much because I found it very slow and I love more the mechanics in KOF, but at least in a long time ago that sagat stopped to be a pain in the ass in that game

Now, I hope that SNKP and Ignition (they will publish the game right?) made a better job to promote the game, with more tourneys in place where fighting games fans hang out, and bring more guys to the community

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
I've never thought of what OP said. It may be true.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
sibaraz, im from a time when fighters came out every month. if you didnt play just qualit fighters youd be playing all kinds of retarded shit. and why is it hate, is it not possible to like 1 game and not like the other. i luv kof, but i cant stand 94, 96, 99, 123 and some others like the miras and neowave. same for sf, im nmot really a fan of sf4, but it still play it cause its one of the only games thats played online. id never put that shit on at home for 2 battles, as theres way better games to choose from. some games ill never touch, cause theyre just that shit. mk, any, mvc, ngbc, wh, aof, ki, clayfighter and all kinds of weak ass bs that has come out. just cause somebody would like the rpg genre doesnt mean they would have to like all of the weak bs coming out. same way for fighters.

edit: @judge fudge, yeah thats because ssb is a fighter that cant be considered a serious, let alone a real fighter. no i havent played it, i dont play bs. my lil bros who could probably beat 99% of the posters here in both kof or ssb tell me that its a shit game. fun when with more people, but not to be taken seriously at all. just cause you like it doesnt mean its good. ill trust my lil bros word over somebody like you, sorry. i know they at least know their shit, theyve been fighters playing seriously since 91, same as me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:25:18 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:24 AM »

KOF 2002 UM is the best 2d fighting game up to date. It kicks SF4 in so many ways. Capcom is targeting the casuals while SNKp the veteran fighting gamers. That's why you see an ultra that takes away 60% of your life while in KOF you actually have to learn to combo to achieve that damage.

Now to answer your question
From the OP I can tell that your friends are more into the 3d fighting gaming since you didn't mention blazblue or MVC. SNKp tried using 1 vs 1 in KOF MI. That did well on the casuals but the fans of the game didn't like it at all. Having 3 different characters in your team will balance their advantages and disadvantages.
FOR example: Can you please tell me how a Makoto can win a Sagat or Vega in SSF4? the disadvantages of her are too many against those 2. Now if it was Ryu/Makoto/Bison VS Vega/Sagat/Ken for example one's disadvantage against cartain characters will be minimized. Unfortunately in SSFIV their is a character that cancels others (fireball>grapping, grapping>combo characters, combo characters>fireball) . If you are up against that character no matter how good you are you still have a disadvantage. That's why 80% of the online matches are VS Ryu. People tend to take the safe road.

The underlined point is why I'm glad I got into KOF when I gave it a try after being disappointed with Street Fighter 4. KOF13 is what I'm looking forward to, including a new Guilty Gear or at least XX Accent Core rereleased on XBL/PSN. Bold point is why I'm sad about fighting games and video games in general nowadays. They're made to be "casual-friendly", but it's not that hard at all, just practice and dedication. I grew up playing a lot of games that were hard at first, but I got better. Are people too lazy for that now? I guess so.  Why buy a game  if you decide not to get best as you can, but just go bare minimum, and show people online that your skills are bare minimum?

AgentOrange

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
well if it were 1v1 it wouldnt be KOF.its team based n its emphasis should be on teams. tho the 1v1 option is there it doesnt need to go that route. theres  different strategies wen playing 3v3 fights such as selecting ur order.
I feel if KOF abandoned its team-based play it would lose its identity.......and think how many kyo's u'd fight then.(btw i hate kyo, he reminds me of someone else i hate.lol)