Author Topic: Questions regarding Tournaments Fight Sticks Rules?  (Read 2448 times)

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
Questions regarding Tournaments Fight Sticks Rules?
« on: September 15, 2012, 04:19:50 AM »
I only have just have a few question for you guys.. What exactly is allowed in tournaments today? The reason I ask is that about three months ago I did the change from the Pad to Stick (I got the HORI VX.) I like it but I think is time to move to a better stick (I'm thinking the Eightarc Fusion.) I went to my first local tourney last week and I'm planning to go tournaments on the regular basis. I been checking as many tournaments sites as I can but many of them said about the same things no wireless controllers/sticks, so is that the only rule for controllers/sticks what about changing the gates in the stick like a 4-way to a 8-way. I like to have a better explanation in the subject if anyone can help with that I will appreciate.

Peace out!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:29:04 AM by Chipymax »
Xbox live: Chipymax

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Questions regarding Tournaments Fight Sticks Rules?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »
no wireless should be the only rule youll come across. you can use any joystick and gate shape you want. sanwa / seimitsu joystick, and an 8 way gate of course (square, octagon, circle) so you can hit your diagonals.

other than that its just personal preferences and then theres things that give ease of use. you can use any joystick, buttons, gate shape you want. standard for fighting games though is Sanwa JLF with a square gate. so if you use that joystick, you wont have any problems when you have to use someone elses stick. chances are they will have sanwa parts in theirs so youll be familiar with it. sticks like the Eight Arc Fusion are also a good idea because they are multi-console. youll be able to bring it anywhere without having to worry about it not being compatible.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
Re: Questions regarding Tournaments Fight Sticks Rules?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
Thanks man, for all the info... Peace out!
Xbox live: Chipymax