Poll

On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?

The king of fighters XIV
11 (16.4%)
Neo Geo battle coliseum 2
9 (13.4%)
GMOTW 2
25 (37.3%)
Maximum impact 3
4 (6%)
SVC Chaos 2
4 (6%)
New Samurai Shodown
9 (13.4%)
Other
5 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?  (Read 31395 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »
World Heroes 3.
Ha ha, just kidding.
I think they should work on KOF XIV.
I donĀ“t think the company is in economic situation in wich they can revive other franchises.
Back in the days the were releasing games all the time, now the situation is different for them.
I hope KOF XIII also sells very well on consoles worldwide and we can have a KOF XIV with new arc (wich means new characters, new hero team).

Man, WHP was great... I wouldn't mind seeing another addon to the series... I remembering watching the Japanese tutorial videos they had online (I think they're on YouTube now)...

I personally voted for NGBC2, although I was also thinking about MOTW2... I remember way back there was some talk about it, but nothing else really happened... I like MOTW as it was the best alternate to 3S imo... My only wish would be for a few more characters (some returning characters would be good, too)...

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »
Even though a Garou 2 or Art of Fighting 4 (either game should have MR. Karate Ryo as hidden secret boss like past FF games hehe), i really want a second chane with SvC Chaos.

There is just something very epic, charming, cool about a SNK/Capcom crossover, its like the ultimate rivalry.  Not silly forced make no sense crossovers like Marvel vs Capcom.

SNK vs Capcom:  Chaos 2 is my pick.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »
If they were to make a SvC2, it needs to be either like KOF (3v3) or NGBC (2v2), with the typical KOF game mechanics... What made CvS2 so good was that you were given an option to use either a Capcom or SNK groove, and each one had their system intact... So if you were a KOF devout and only used KOF characters and systems, you could do just that... Plus a majority of the SNK characters were playable, and not broken (except for that Kim C-groove infinite)...

It would be good to see this come out though... I'd like to see the options of having SF links and KOF links and some of the other sub systems available...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:40:30 PM by jinxhand »

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
SNKP need to let KOF breathe a little bit. 90% of what they do is KOF related, the KOF dependance is killing them ( see the catasthrophe only one game brought on them ) and killing the IP ( people are getting sick of seeing KOF everywhere ).

Nobody care about Samsho anymore. Metal Slug is dead.

MOTW is their ONLY IP besides KOF that is more or less famous. Yes, even though the first episode didn't sell much. It's like Third Strike, people shit on the game at the beiginning and then, by... " miracle " everyone love it because it's the best game ever blahblahblah...

They should make another MOTW game. They must release another game that isn't KOF. Get the chance to not let the compagny depend on only one game. Again.

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »
They should work on Mark of the wolves 2 for now and take their time to make a new kof

PSN: kimkaphan

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:06 AM »
The lack of Last Blade disturb me

SNKP could try to make LB2 a game more like Guilty Gear, or Melty Blood maybe

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 08:26:56 AM »
Either SvC2 or MI3 with a new engine.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
wft are people talking bout, motw popular? their 2 most famous series are kof and ss, to a lesser degree ff (as a series, not motw).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »
Garou is like shenmue

Everybody says that's a masterpiece yet the game bombed really bad, I still think that the game was popular, but not that popular to save SNK, I don't know if they recovered the investment, but as far as I know, a sequel of MOTW will caught some attention, at least lots of friends who are not even fighting game fans (less of SNK) had talked me about garou, or fatal fury mark of the wolves if we talk of the dreamcast

Also, for some odd reason, when I always bring friends to my house who don't like fighting games, ALL OF THEM, had enjoyed garou, I had tried with 98, SF IV, and other games, which tend to get meh, to nice reactions, yet with garou, they found it the best shit ever

It helps also that the S/P Power of Hotaru is funny as hell :D it's like the first thing that I do when I play with them and then they say ''lol, let's play some more''

So yeah, Garou (or recall it fatal fury if they release it on the western) should be the next logical option behind samurai shodown, and maybe NGBC 2, even though my hopes are not that high

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 02:24:44 AM »
Garou: MOTW2  KOFXII graphic style then make KOF XIV on the side

MI3 and maybe release a new IP fighter on XBLA/PSN would be good too

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
SNK's got too many other games they could work on to release a new IP... They also have several projects that were put on hold, so here's hoping that with the success of KOFXIII they can revive those older projects and spruce them up for next gen gaming...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »
im probably one of the few,but i wouldnt mind a new ssrpg.

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
im probably one of the few,but i wouldnt mind a new ssrpg.

Now that's a good idea. So many elements to take advantage of, and maybe borrow from.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
The thing is that, RPG are way more different than the one released 15 years ago.

Has SNKP the money to release a game that could fulfill all the requests of a modern rpg?

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
most rpg's of the next gen look like ass. the ones that do look like a million bucks play like ass. if something would be done somewhere in the middle it would be good. a good rpg doesnt have to have squere money behind it. the og ssrpg is already one of the best looking 2d rpgs ever made imo. imagine that in hd with better animation and evetything still remaining 2d. add the modern day elements of more modern rpgs (the newer elements that dont suck ass) and you could potentially make an awesome rpg. doesnt even have to cost a lot.
in short thats what square missed imo, all their newer rpg's are ass compared to their snes masterpieces. less money for cuctscenes and more in game xtras would make all their games better. their newer titles lack sould or heart, however you wanna name it.