Author Topic: The KOF Battle Journal  (Read 24054 times)

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Re: The KOF Battle Journal
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 02:21:46 AM »
Great Dark Hero, that post does not belong here. This thread is only for journal entries only.

Removed

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 07:23:53 AM »
Alright so I just recently getting back to fighting games after summer school is over. I had some GGPO matches to start off for KOF. I need a lot of improvement for fundamentals so hopefully I can maintain the drive in the future.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 03:41:03 AM »
Competed in Summer Jam 7 after almost 3 weeks of not playing KOF, due to difficult circumstances.

My rust showed, I was making critical drops and not maximizing on many opportunities. Still, somehow I managed to place 7th overall (tied with 1 other, out of 34 players).

Two words can sum up my final match, "I believed."

The tournament also finally convinced me (though I had been resisting up til this point) that I need to replace Robert. The only question is, what character should I pick instead?

2013 08 17 195951978
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:43:21 AM by AirLancer »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
snip

Hey AirLancer, you still did pretty well in that match. BTW, I was on the stream rooting for you!
I wouldn't replace Robert - if you're not feeling to comfortable on Robert's behalf, you can try things like Yuri or Billy for a change, but please try not to drop Robert altogether.

Over the past couple of months over here in Europe, I've only participated in one KOFXIII related event in Ramstein Germany, and a series of ranbats. Activity in Wiesbaden is slowly increasing :) I also realize that there is a small scene within the Frankfurt area of Germany, that which I should go check out soon.

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »
Fire things up again, maybe. Needa rant.

Man, it's been difficult lately. I haven't had a good KOF match in maybe months. My regular training partners have been absolute scrubs lately, opting to just play Pokemon and shit instead of any fighting game whatsoever. Fought them once in KOF and SF4, and holy god they're rusty. They've also reached that point where they just "play for fun" and don't practice. Honestly... I respect trying to have fun and all, but it sure makes for some lame competition... Not having a strong enough computer for Steam edition hurts too. The struggle is real. I've been really pissed at the scrub mentality recently. Especially after watching Madoka Magica. Something about the themes in that anime, I can really relate to. It's just like, dood, you have some talent. You have all the fucking time in the world cause you do nothing but play video games all day. You have money to afford accessories, get XBLA, and to travel to locals or whatever. And yet you can't even invest maybe an hour of your day to just play a fucking video game. I swear mang. I swear.

Also, I think I realized that I'm more of a theory fighter than anything. I just crack under pressure so easily, but give me a replay and I can call out everything that happened, and why it happened. Maybe I'm better off teaching than playing? Or maybe the nerves will go away with experience. But man, unless I move somewhere good for college, I might not be able to get that...

Yeah, I just needed to express myself a bi. ;; And KOF players in San Francisco, I'm more than happy for some rounds... XD
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 04:36:46 AM »
Haiku:

Trying to use stick.

The effort is torturous.

Shoot me in the face.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:49:16 PM by AirLancer »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
Nowadays, I've been mostly playing KOF with a old pals from school who played 98 on a religious basis, along with German players and soldiers. I've also recently picked up both Daimon and Elisabeth (after getting pass her execution barrier. I find her juggle combos to be fun to do now)!

Cynical

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »
Jesus christ, after tonight's session, I really have no clue what the fuck is wrong with me.

There's literally NO OTHER PERSON with a record anything like mine (hundreds of games and a winrate of less than 10%). 

Someone literally had an 0-2 record before facing me, picked triple-random against me all 16 games we played, and bodied me 16 fucking times, with several being OCVs.  Later, someone who has 20 games total to his name just mashes buttons against me and absolutely bodies me about 10 times in a row.  In other words, you can literally sit ANYONE IN THE WORLD in front of the game for the first time, have them mash buttons, and they'll beat me 100% guaranteed.

So fucking infuriated at myself right now.  No idea what the hell is wrong with me that I take about 10 times the amount of time as anyone else to reach even the lowest of "not completely shit" levels, but this kind of performance is completely unacceptable.

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »
Competed in Summer Jam 7 after almost 3 weeks of not playing KOF, due to difficult circumstances.

My rust showed, I was making critical drops and not maximizing on many opportunities. Still, somehow I managed to place 7th overall (tied with 1 other, out of 34 players).

Two words can sum up my final match, "I believed."

The tournament also finally convinced me (though I had been resisting up til this point) that I need to replace Robert. The only question is, what character should I pick instead?
Thanks for posting this. I just learned some new stuff I can try with Kula.  :)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 07:13:40 AM »
I feel like I'm having trouble adapting correctly to the offense of KOFXIV. Maybe its the general speed of the game or something that makes me feel that I am reacting too slowly to things or I am mashing when I am shouldn't. I get frame trapped and punished too much when I'm offensive & I get impatient on defense and hit buttons when I should not. I also tend to drop certain confirms or combos way too much and I am having trouble getting those down solid in tense gameplay.

I need to get my execution down, read my opponents better by being more aware and using deductive and inductive reasoning, and having a stronger awareness.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:16:38 AM by desmond_kof »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."