Author Topic: Neo Geo Gold X  (Read 15543 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Neo Geo Gold X
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
Is the emulation good on this?

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
Previews are positive, but it's at a we'll see status now.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
I got that in a mail from the company i'm ordering from for the european release. It's a quote from a message they recieved that they are sending around to customers along with the information that people will still get ninja masters. I don't recall if there was anything else.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
Rebirth of a Legend Teaser

The Giant Bombcast previewed the hardware in the Oct. 23 episode. Neo Geo X talk is at 1 hour 53 minutes. It is not very good. They had issues with both the build quality and the emulation. Considering cancelling my preorder and rebuying a Wii.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:37:54 PM by nilcam »

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »
FYI with Giant Bombcast. Not to call them outright terrible, but second hand info from people who follow Giant Bombcast seem to think anything that doesn't apply hugely to mainstream gets a jaded response from these guys.

I'm not sure how different their expectations are from mine, but I wouldn't only rely on them to make my decision on it. I'll also try to give an assessment on it all when mine comes in.

And I'm starting to feel like this is the reason XBL and especially NGS slowed almost to a, if not did a standstill with releasing new entries. What do you guys think?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »
I thought the Neo Geo X was the reason the NGS stopped but the Wii is still getting full support. Hell, Ninja Master's just came out for the Wii on Thanksgiving. The Wii has 45 Neo Geo titles in total. It has most of the classics except for KOF98, 2002 and Garou.

I was on the fence about the Neo Geo X at first but then gave in to my building hype. Giant Bomb had hands on with the system and they all felt like it was shoddily constructed. According to the NGX web site, the games are stretched on HDTVs and that cannot be changed. I hope it turns out to be amazing but, honestly, I don't want to drop $250 to find out.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 04:40:39 AM »
I think that SNKP hasn't released more games on the ps3 because of the low sales that they could had on them, nut that is just speculation

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 05:32:24 AM »
Detailed review: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236481-Neo-Geo-X-Gold-System-details-and-price-announced!&p=3458483&viewfull=1#post3458483

He reports the emulation is great; the dock is flimsy. Output can be toggled between 4:3 and the default 16:9 using the L buttons on the system which is something no one else has reported. Bruno told me that this did not work. While the system looks like a nice piece, the Wii VC has an incredible library. I may get this at some point, specifically if it gets Mark of the Wolves.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
I will buy it just for the box

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »
Got my system in! I really like it.

I posted my impressions on my Destructoid game blog: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/nilcam/neo-geo-x-first-impressions-240770.phtml

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27:05 AM »

I posted my impressions on my Destructoid game blog: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/nilcam/neo-geo-x-first-impressions-240770.phtml

Funny, saw mention of a new review on the NGX, had no idea Nilcam was on Destructiod. Very good news about it all. Has me very excited for when I get to mine. Hopefully I can confirm everything you said with mine.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »

Funny, saw mention of a new review on the NGX, had no idea Nilcam was on Destructiod. Very good news about it all. Has me very excited for when I get to mine. Hopefully I can confirm everything you said with mine.

I was very active there from 2007 through the Dream Cancel launch. With me stepping away from DC, it felt like the right time to go back.

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
Huh.. just walked into the store and bought one.  I thought I'd have more trouble acquiring one of these than that.

And now for work to end...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »
After about a month with the unit and a lot of comparison with Wii Neo Geo games, I returned the Neo Geo X to target. Emulation feels better on Wii and the games look a lot better than on the X.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »
Bummer, i've experienced a kind of opposite, very noticeably, my neo geo x runs metal slug better than my ps3 for some reason, aside from that, not much to say, i'm happy.