Author Topic: Maxima (Arcade Version)  (Read 39163 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Maxima
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:10 AM »
Apparently Maxima can DC his dp+BD on first hit (knee on the way up) to hcb+B. The hcb+B will miss and afterwards you can re-juggle. You can use your imagination on how useful this will be. I got this from the Japanese bbs.

d.B > d.A > df.C > hcb+BD > followup -> DC qcb+AC > df+C (opponent low) > dp+BD (1hit) > DC hcb+B > EX super or df+C > whatevers

Ends up doing 75%+ depending on how you finish the combo. Of course this uses 100% drive bar, but if you choose to HD active at the beginning, you can loop the part with df.C > dp+BD > hcb+B

Kinda impractical to be used often, but if you need to output that kind of damage is a good option.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 04:07:52 AM »
thats actually some really usefull info for max players. with just dc you can get some nifty damage.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 01:23:54 AM »
Read this as well

qcb+A (counter wires) -> hop qcb+AC -> qcb+A(?) -> if in HD mode neomax after

I wonder if after hop qcb+AC you can extend this further with something else.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
Read this as well

qcb+A (counter wires) -> hop qcb+AC -> qcb+A(?) -> if in HD mode neomax after

I wonder if after hop qcb+AC you can extend this further with something else.

Hmm air.qcb+AC has some interesting properties as it allows you to continue the combo on the way down (air.qcb+AC, d.A -->).  In the aforementioned scenario it's as if you didn't "use" the free juggle of the counter wire.  Either that or air.qcb+AC setups a free juggle no matter what.   The more I think of it, the latter is most likely.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry if I'm a little green behind the ears. I've been stopping by a lot and I wanted to know about a combo that is here I wanted to do. It's the one below.

(d.Ax3)/(d.B, d.A, df.C), Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, (df.C), dp+K/Ex hcb+K.qcb+P -->

Unless I HD into it, which it doesn't really state if this is an HD activation in the parenthesis, I can't do the df.C twice. Not only that, I can't understand how I grab them after a df.C because they're in the air.  If anyone can point me to a video of this or explain to me the timing, I'd really appreciate it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:10 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry if I'm a little green behind the ears. I've been stopping by a lot and I wanted to know about a combo that is here I wanted to do. It's the one below.

(d.Ax3)/(d.B, d.A, df.C), Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, (df.C), dp+K/Ex hcb+K.qcb+P -->

Unless I HD into it, which it doesn't really state if this is an HD activation in the parenthesis, I can't do the df.C twice. Not only that, I can't understand how I grab them after a df.C because they're in the air.  If anyone can point me to a video of this or explain to me the timing, I'd really appreciate it!

Firstly, welcome to DC and don't forget to introduce yourself here.

I apologize as I wrote that combo a long time ago copied from the JBBS and since then I have yet to get the extra df.C to connect OR the Ex hcb+K~qcb+P after the df.C.   As for the df.C into dp+K it just does, either df.C allows you to rejuggle or it's just consider a combo off a df.C, now that I think of it it's probably the latter.  

EDIT:
I fixed the first post to reflect that part of the combo doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:35:39 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:05 AM »
Oh, thanks!

That link sends me a youtube link that's not open anymore by the way!

I actually have been practicing with a combo using heavy normals and also been using a lot of guard point. I try to use my C normals a lot more than my a's and b's so I can utilize the guard point.

However, I wanted to ask: When I guard point with far C or far D, can I do an EX move like EX hcb BD?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
Oh, thanks!

That link sends me a youtube link that's not open anymore by the way!

I actually have been practicing with a combo using heavy normals and also been using a lot of guard point. I try to use my C normals a lot more than my a's and b's so I can utilize the guard point.

However, I wanted to ask: When I guard point with far C or far D, can I do an EX move like EX hcb BD?

The link is fixed.  With Far C and D you cannot cancel into Ex hcb BD as it's not cancelable in the traditional sense.  Far C however, is Super Cancelable only, so you can cancel into his Double Vapor Canon DM or NM and if you couple the fact that the Far C has GuardPoint (autoguard); he's a force to be reckoned with (See Shen).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:07:02 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. Having something to do after a guard point would be great. I commonly get the Far C to guard point (It's so much fun to do "C" Vapor Cannon on a Raiden's drop kick) so I'll try to get the super cancels down.

Sorry if I'm asking a whole lot of silly questions :-(

I really like Maxima's versatility on wire damage. I try an extended combo with any starter (d.Ax2, df.C or c.D/c.C, df.C) into EX hcb+BD, do the follow up into a DC EX qcb+P for the wires damage. Finish it off with a df.C and his dp+A.

This nets me, off a close D, about 604 damage. The close D is harder to do because I could end up too far away and do a far D instead. I wanted to know if there's anyway to maybe extend the combo or what combos I could try for some decent damage. I'd like to utilize my drive meter more.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. Having something to do after a guard point would be great. I commonly get the Far C to guard point (It's so much fun to do "C" Vapor Cannon on a Raiden's drop kick) so I'll try to get the super cancels down.

Sorry if I'm asking a whole lot of silly questions :-(

I really like Maxima's versatility on wire damage. I try an extended combo with any starter (d.Ax2, df.C or c.D/c.C, df.C) into EX hcb+BD, do the follow up into a DC EX qcb+P for the wires damage. Finish it off with a df.C and his dp+A.

This nets me, off a close D, about 604 damage. The close D is harder to do because I could end up too far away and do a far D instead. I wanted to know if there's anyway to maybe extend the combo or what combos I could try for some decent damage. I'd like to utilize my drive meter more.

Off the top of my head that's pretty much it, although ending it with a dp+K does more damage of course (instead of qcb+A).  If you read a couple posts above, it's technically possible to extend it, but I don't think it's worth it personally.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

I've been gradually improving and learning new things! However, I'm still having trouble versus "Andy" types and fireball-spam. Maybe I'm just too green behind the ears. Say that I'm being pinned down behind fireballs. I gradually approach and block, he runs up and sweeps. I jump in, he dps or Zenzaiken, and if I roll, he grabs. We're talking that reactive, tick-throwing kind of player. What's my out in this situation? What, as Maxima, should I do to get around these types?

I know for some it may seem basic, but Raiden's become an easier person to fight than an Andy.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

I've been gradually improving and learning new things! However, I'm still having trouble versus "Andy" types and fireball-spam. Maybe I'm just too green behind the ears. Say that I'm being pinned down behind fireballs. I gradually approach and block, he runs up and sweeps. I jump in, he dps or Zenzaiken, and if I roll, he grabs. We're talking that reactive, tick-throwing kind of player. What's my out in this situation? What, as Maxima, should I do to get around these types?

I know for some it may seem basic, but Raiden's become an easier person to fight than an Andy.

If Andy runs in and does down D you can use your Auto guard down C to counter it. Rolling in 13 is never the best option. I would suggest using your jump Cd which is really good against Andy's sweep = At least you'll trade. You can also play  a ground game as well and wait for Andy jump in and Use your Down Forward C into DK which will put it at a 50/50 game.  Just play patient..if you can't then you'll just have to find another character to fight off Andy =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:01 AM »
Don't forget air vapor cannon!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:42 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

If Andy runs in and does down D you can use your Auto guard down C to counter it. Rolling in 13 is never the best option. I would suggest using your jump Cd which is really good against Andy's sweep = At least you'll trade. You can also play  a ground game as well and wait for Andy jump in and Use your Down Forward C into DK which will put it at a 50/50 game.  Just play patient..if you can't then you'll just have to find another character to fight off Andy =P

Don't forget air vapor cannon!

Maxima has tons of tough matches as he's quite slow and rather predictable, I did use him for the first 2-3 weeks and unfortunately haven't really picked him up since.  That said, you're going to really have to rely on his autoguards to get in, don't forget his far C supercancels only (so it's a free cancel without using a drive like Shen), his Vapor Canon of course all have autoguard and even his DM does as well.  Ash made a good point that air Ex (otherwise the normal one will move you backwards) Vapor Canon has autoguard and allows you to combo after you land; excellent way to get in.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
maxima also seems to do some good damage for short combos. but basically every character should be able to do 50% for 1 dc and 1 super bar.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!