Author Topic: MS player new to KoF scene, but not KoF  (Read 1883 times)

DaRabidDuckie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
MS player new to KoF scene, but not KoF
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
Yo!

New to posting on the forums, but I'm a long-time lurker. I've pretty much played every main KoF game, but found out two years ago that I wasn't worth crap due to some really bad habits and am re-learning the series from scratch, starting with XIII.

I live in Jackson, MS, and my main games are KoFXIII and Skullgirls. I play on 360 because my PS3 broke and I haven't gotten around to buying another one. I'm not really one for platform loyalty because I have a dual-modded stick.

I'm also a tournament modding veteran, and have personally dual-modded or repaired over 200 sticks, so feel free to ask any technical questions.

Fun facts: I went blind in one eye after complications from a soldering accident, and I wear an eye patch. I'm also known for my adoration of shimapan (google it). I have several friends at Lab Zero Games (who made Skullgirls), and when they heard about my injury they gave Valentine, my favorite Skullgirls character, shimapan as a nod to me.

Anyway, this will likely be the only thread I make, and I'll probably go back to lurking. I just thought I should have an account in case I ever had a question.

Later!
Shimapan destroyer.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: MS player new to KoF scene, but not KoF
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:27 AM »
Officially welcome DaRabidDuckie; thanks for annoucning yourself. Very smart move with trying to learn XIII for what it is and not so much what the past games were. Your stick dedication and experience is inspiring, but sorry to hear about that soldering accident. That's cool how the Lab Zero guys gave you that nod, and hope they can work on more games like that.

I do hope this isn't the only thread you make, in case you feel like posting casually, without a question. Hope to see you around the site.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:47:47 AM »
welcome
i say u should learn KOF XII but thats my opinion

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
Welcome to the KOF community, hopefully you'll enjoy being apart of it & enjoy the game even more.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »
WOOT! welcome duckie! I believe I met you at UFGT8 briefly.
In it to win it!