Author Topic: Samurai Shodown Sen  (Read 13933 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Samurai Shodown Sen
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
Lol, I just realized that there's a SamSho subforum, is sad that nobody posts here

Anyway, I would have created a thread of the much better samsho 2, but I don't know a shit about that game, even though I always wanted to learn how to play it, I just bought in XBLA, so I will try to practice one day

Meanwhile, some opinions of this game? The game is REALLY bad, but I still had some love for it, I lol with all the button mashing and oddly enough the online battles are funny, so if anyone wants to try just to justify the bought : p

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Samurai Shodown Sen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »
I was actually thinking about putting a thread up but you beat me to the punch (lol)... Yeah, this game is nowhere near Samsho4 or even 5 (I personally liked Tenkaichi Kenkakuden also- I'm a Mina player and Andrew was fun, too)... I liked some of the combos, but at the same time, I wished there was a counter... I mean there were counters in the previous versions, so why not this one... Most people, even in Japan, never really got into it... It was more of a time killer... I did see some matches on Youtube though, although I'm rather surprised that there were tourneys for this game... I still play it from time to time though, as some of the new characters are fun to play with... J sucks imo though, especially with a useless stance that only has one move out of it...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
To be fair, in japan at this moment maybe there is a tournament of World Heroes and Asuka 120% so it's not weird to see a SamSho Sen tournament

Hell, some days ago they did a tournament of ranma from snes which was so succesfull that they will make it again

Anyway, back to topic, I always tried to play with the spanish guy (karian?) but I never understood how to use, and which was the purpose of Mano a Mano

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
I wasn't saying its weird to have a tournament for the game, I know they still hold tourneys for Fighters History Dynamite (a great game imo)... I just found it odd that this game in particular was tournament-worthy...

Anyway, Kirian's mano a mano move actually dodges some moves. It requires some crazy timing, but it does have some use... When I played with him, he didn't have much in terms of juggles, but he did have some stun combos to speak of... Personally, I'd prefer Charolette over him, because she's more versatile than he is, and although she doesn't have an evasive move, she has better pokes, combos, and damage overall...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
We should play one day just for lolz : )

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »
Yeah I'm down for matches... Just hit me up on xbl...

This game probably wouldn't have been looked down upon if they still kept some SS system intact... Just at a glance this game seems like Soul Calibur gone wrong... The sidestep evasion isn't that effective with many of the characters, the combos are monotonous and without a counter, and there's not much variety... I honestly wish they redid Tenkaichi Kenkakuden or 5 Special and released that... SSTK got alot of buzz when it first hit arcades...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
NO LAG IN SSS, BUT LAG IN OTHER XBLA SNK GAMES???
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
Man, DeadlyRaveNeo hit me up yesterday, and we played this game for a good while, and the netcode is ridiculously good!!! Now, I'm in Cali, and he's all the way in Atl, and we played KOF2k2UM before the SSS matches, and while there was a bit of lag in UM, there was barely any room for lag in SSS, and if there was any it was very minimal... Now I'm pretty sure we can agree that this is SCIV with SamSho characters, but who knew that there was some thought put into the netcode??? Anyone that's actually interested in seeing this, hit me up on xbl... Gt is the same as my name here...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: NO LAG IN SSS, BUT LAG IN OTHER XBLA SNK GAMES???
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
Man, DeadlyRaveNeo hit me up yesterday, and we played this game for a good while, and the netcode is ridiculously good!!! Now, I'm in Cali, and he's all the way in Atl, and we played KOF2k2UM before the SSS matches, and while there was a bit of lag in UM, there was barely any room for lag in SSS, and if there was any it was very minimal... Now I'm pretty sure we can agree that this is SCIV with SamSho characters, but who knew that there was some thought put into the netcode??? Anyone that's actually interested in seeing this, hit me up on xbl... Gt is the same as my name here...
deadly rave slapped my shit hardcore in sen yesterday

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:54 PM »
I played yesterday with deadly rave neo, and yeah, the netcode was very good, even though I don't know if affected me because I can't pull sometimes QCF or shit like that, even though the game has horrible inputs so I don't know

But yeah, if somebody wants to play, just hit me up while I'm on the xbox

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 01:00:50 AM »
Any Charolette players here??? Anyway, I found something interesting while practicing, and it kinda sucks, but there's a better option...

When doing long range pokes with Charolette, never use her  ;bk ;fd + V ~ H+V j/f move... Even if the first part hits, the second might not even connect depending on the axis of the character... Rather ;fd ;fd + V ~ H+V should do the trick... At the right range, it will keep you relatively safe, and if it connects, you have the followup that does a good amount of damage... And axis doesn't affect the tracking of this move...

If the move I posted has the wrong command, I'll change it...

Also, her ability to make new string attacks with her stance that can be canceled in from other strings makes her pretty formidable, since she has a several options from that stance (sidestep attacks, V, H~H,H,H.., K, grab, H+V, V+K, etc.)...

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 05:18:17 AM »
How much is this game now? I heard the game is kinda whack but the online play (according to Deadly-Rave Neo) is better than SFIV so I wouldn't mind copping it for the cheap if it's true.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 06:25:32 AM »
How much is this game now? I heard the game is kinda whack but the online play (according to Deadly-Rave Neo) is better than SFIV so I wouldn't mind copping it for the cheap if it's true.
its around 20 bucks i think

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »
Under no way is better than SF IV

In the other hand, is better than the used in NGBC

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »

I got the game for 14 bucks... To my knowledge, gamestop might still be doing the buy 2 used games, get 1 free deal, so if you buy 2 games that are about or more than 20 bucks, just get that game for free if you can... If not, 14-20 bucks its still not bad...

As far as the gameplay goes, you kinda gotta play it with the mindset that its not a true Samsho game... That way, you're not expecting a next gen Samsho with mind-blowing graphics with a deep system... It's a SCIV clone plus and minus a few things... I think its worth some good matches at least... Granted, even the majority of the Japanese players that did play this game didn't like it, but I think its primarily because its a game with the Samsho name... It's not that bad of a game, per sé... I know the inputs are kinda whack imo, which can affect your combos, especially for characters like Valter and Charlotte...

Netcode, yeah for me and a few other people, the netcode is pretty on point... I know that after DeadlyRaveNeo put me on the online portion of the game, I was stair-stepping with virtually no lag... Even the hardest of combos (if you can get the inputs out that is) can be done online with this game-- which trips me out that 98UM (and at times 2k2UM) isn't as good as it could be in terms of netcode (I have a theory as to why that might be the case, but I'll explain that later)...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
Bought the game tonight solely to get some online games in.