Author Topic: Miami KOF(Meetups @ Arcade Odyssey?)  (Read 3165 times)

TevinT@lB@iN

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My video gaming stream, come on down and check me out sometime
Miami KOF(Meetups @ Arcade Odyssey?)
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »
Hey guys, I'm a KOF player that lives all the way down in Homestead,Florida. I've been dying to get real match up experience but unfortunately none of my friends play that live nearby and I want to go pro on this. I can't do that if I'm only spending time in practice mode. I know the perfect place to meet up too: Arcade Odyssey.

They've got a row filled with EVO monitors and all, and last I checked it was 7$ on weekdays and 10$ on weekends( I believe its per person, I'll check with the manager) to use the stations all day and night. They even have a KOF 98 machine for the OG players. The arcade itself is located in Kendall and I can usually find a way there. If anyone is up for coming as a group and having some sessions, let me know. If the manager sees that there is continued support for the game, he'll more than likely make tournaments for it as well.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Miami KOF(Meetups @ Arcade Odyssey?)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:50:41 AM »
Sounds great for your area. If anything gets officially established there or a tournament gets organized, don't forget to post about it in the Upcoming Tournaments/Events section.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

TevinT@lB@iN

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My video gaming stream, come on down and check me out sometime
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »
No problem, in fact the arcade has out of nowhere set up a tournament, which I have posted in the appropriate section.

GearaDoga

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »
I've got no problems meeting up on weekdays at AO for 13 casuals.  I'm usually free Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.  I'm really rusty with a stick since I mostly play on pad nowadays but I could use the practice in the less than two weeks since the tourney starts.  I'd rather drive and pay money for offline casuals than play with the shoddy online mode.  About the 98UM cab, I heard its a new addition and I gave it some play.  They used to have a Neo Geo Battle Coliseum cab set up but they replaced it with something else since no one played it.     

GearaDoga

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »
Alright so Tevin and I have decided to start weekly KOF sessions at Arcade Odyssey on Thursdays.  Currently we have two other local players on board for this with the possible third if one of Tevin's friends who also plays KOF can make it.  We encourage all players in the area to participate if they are able to.  Since the tourneys held there run the 360 version I assume that will be the standard for now.  Playing casuals all night is only $5.   

GearaDoga

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
The plans for meeting up at Arcade Odyssey fell through but on the plus side Tevin is now hosting KOF13 gatherings at his place in Homestead every other Friday.  And yes, I attended last one this past Friday. There are plans for another gathering this coming Friday so I you want any specific details please send Tevin a message.