Author Topic: UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) - Chicago, IL  (Read 12793 times)

Keits

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) - Chicago, IL
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
Please visit http://ufgt.us/ for full information blog stream, registration and hotel/travel information.

Join us from May 24th to 26th of 2013 in Chicago, IL for the most inclusive tournament experience on the planet: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9!  While the previous installments were huge successes, we still have changes in store UFGT9, including an all new venue.

New Venue: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare -

Venue Features:

• 15,300 sq/ft ballroom (up from a total of 6,000 sq/ft last year).  This massive space will give you all the room you need to game with your friends, compete in our tournaments, or relax in the fun and games area.
  • Welcome to Chicago.  Our venue is only one stop on the CTA Blue Line train from the O’Hare International Airport.  Getting to us has never been easier or cheaper.  If you are willing to walk a half mile from the CTA station to the hotel, it will only cost you $2.25 to ride the train.  Additionally, the Blue Line train leads right into the heart of Chicago proper.  If you want to be a tourist for a day or two, you are certain to love our new location.
  • Rooms are available at the special group rate of $79.99/night, only $10 more than in Northbrook.  UFGT remains one of the cheapest tournament events you can attend.
  • Parking will be completely free for any guest staying overnight for UFGT9, and will be discounted to $10/day for everyone else attending.
  • The Crowne will offer a cash concession booth where you can get reasonably priced food and drink.  No outside food or drink is allowed, but there are plenty of nearby places to eat just a short walk away.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or tweet @KeitsSRK on twitter.  Or, visit our thread on SRK.

GAME LIST -

With EVO’s game lineup announcement out of the way, we can finally release the game list for UFGT9.  If your favorite game isn’t on the list, fear not!  Community run side tournaments during finals Sunday are encouraged, and if you contact me, we’ll find you a time slot and space to gather and play through your bracket.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver 2012
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter x Tekken ver 2013
King of Fighters XIII
Mortal Kombat 9
Persona 4 Arena
Mystery Game Tournament ver 2013
Injustice
Divekick ver 2013
Soul Calibur V
Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers 3)
Vampire Hunter (aka Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge)

We will make an announcement about which platform each title will be played on shortly, and we will make a decision about the EVO Player’s Choice title at the end of the month.  Expect registration to go live the first week of February.  Hotel booking is available right now.

NCV

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) - Chicago, IL
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »
Yeah!

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:35:14 PM »
I think I might do another 5v5 if people are interested.
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »
Want to go to this, gonna check out bus times & prices soon.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

CurlyW

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »
Just letting everyone here know that registration for UFGT9 is open.

Go here to sign-up: http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

Register earlier to save money on venue fee. And be sure to register online before the deadline of May 19th to ensure that you are seeded regionally.

CurlyW

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 11:40:02 PM »
It's a trailer!

UFGT9 Tournament Trailer

More info to come in the coming weeks, so be sure to check ufgt.us for the latest info.

CurlyW

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:29:45 AM »
UFGT9 is less than 2 weeks away, but online registration closes in just 6 days. The last time to register online is midnight on Sunday, May 19th. Miss the deadline and you'll have to use emergency registration at the venue, which comes with a higher event fee and no seeding in any game. Don't let that happen to you. Go here to register now.

As always, you can find the most up-to-date information about UFGT9 on the tournament website.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »
Maybe next year :(
I really wanted to come to this but funds + going to ECT the week before this just really kills me, I'll be watching the stream though
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »
I'll be there.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."