Author Topic: Mature (Arcade Version)  (Read 15661 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: Mature
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 03:51:09 AM »
What exactly is the point of her EX Death Row besides her hitting five times instead?

krazykone123

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 05:34:21 AM »
What exactly is the point of her EX Death Row besides her hitting five times instead?

It does a slight bit more damage, and it would also be more efficient in drive canceling compared to the regular version since each rep does one hit each instead of three so it doesn't push the opponent back as far
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:35:55 AM by krazykone123 »

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 06:11:13 AM »
Anyone else get tired of seeing Matures STILL do nothing but (EX) despair (DP+P)? Seriously...Compared to 98 and 02 it seems like people forgot how she plays (I mean she’s not a gimmicky character), you RARELY see anyone do her classic BnB combo (that she STILL has) cr.b>cr.a/cl.b > Death row or zone with her ebony tears. Typical matches you see with Mature players are just do random (EX) despair or jump CD.I understood when she had the infinite but come on.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:39:42 AM by TAG7191 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 01:59:31 AM »
I wouldn't blame the players. Despair is really that good. I was quite surprised how much damage EX Despair does on a clean hit, not to mention being able to cross up on her C version.

But yeah. I haven't seen people use her old BnB combo and Ebony Tears pressure for a while. I get to see maybe once or twice but that's about it.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »
I have a question. Can she still do 3 crouching light attacks into Nocturnal Lights? I can't even seem to get the 3rd hit in so I was wondering if it's not possible, would a standing A connect as a 3rd hit?

From what I've been playing, it seems she can still connect d B, B (I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet since I'm not familiar with terms like cl.) so if anyone has a hard time connecting Nocturnal Lights from crouching lights, this would make things much easier although you'll have to be pretty close to get that standing B off.

It seems I couldn't really do d B, B, d A on a blocking opponent to continue pressure so I'm assuming her d A doesn't have the same range as her 98/2002 version (which is probably why I can't fit in 3 lights into Nocturnal Lights).

Other than the things I mentioned, specials aside and a few changes to her normals, I felt she was her usual 98/2002 self. I played her that way the entire time and it still gave me success although I started messing around with some of her specials since it seems a lot of her specials have improved.

My post may sound odd but I never read up on XIII before playing so I played things just like it was 98/2002.

And I love her new jump CD. Although it works similiar to her old jump CD, it comes out much faster (although I believe it lacks range). I love to use it while jump backwards (it usually catches people trying to jump into me while I try to gain distance from them) preparing for Ebony Tears setups.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:26:54 AM by Persona »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »
I dunno how we missed your post Persona.  I'll make sure I get the resident Mature user, 4leaf, to chime in.

---

Some interesting combos with Mature, especially after a qcb+BD into Far C setups.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
It looks more like Close C than Far C to me. It is quite interesting though.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 03:26:45 AM »

We're both wrong, I looked again and it's a down C according to the Mook.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:28:18 AM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »
I think Close C and Down C works either way anyway? I should try this out when I have the chance.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 12:57:21 AM »

Tested this, it's close C. Even all light attack didn't connect after qcb+BD for some reason, thought it was weird. It's more or less a 1 frame to link it, so it's definitely not easy to do.

j.C, s.C -> qcb+BD, s.C -> qcb+B does like 38% damage. Right now trying to get it consistent and add a super cancel on the end.

In the corner she can also do this:

j.C, d.B, s.B -> qcb+P x3 -> DC dp+A, A,  qcb+B, s.C

A note on her qcb+P x3 -> DC dp+A, A - you need to cancel on the last high of the third qcb+P because it put the opponent in the air. If you do it before the last hit, they'll still be on the ground. You would only do this in her HD combo for her qcb+B -> HDC qcb+P x3 loop

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 03:34:44 AM »

Tested this, it's close C. Even all light attack didn't connect after qcb+BD for some reason, thought it was weird. It's more or less a 1 frame to link it, so it's definitely not easy to do.

j.C, s.C -> qcb+BD, s.C -> qcb+B does like 38% damage. Right now trying to get it consistent and add a super cancel on the end.

In the corner she can also do this:

j.C, d.B, s.B -> qcb+P x3 -> DC dp+A, A,  qcb+B, s.C

A note on her qcb+P x3 -> DC dp+A, A - you need to cancel on the last high of the third qcb+P because it put the opponent in the air. If you do it before the last hit, they'll still be on the ground. You would only do this in her HD combo for her qcb+B -> HDC qcb+P x3 loop

Oops I forgot to update the post, I tested it and it s.C. I think told you and 4leaf in person.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 06:58:12 AM »
I was looking through some of the Revelations matches and noticed some impressive Mature play in this video.  Not much match footage linked in this thread, so I thought it might be useful:

Mature vs Maxima/Vice/Kula (2 matches)

For the set-up after reset juggles with close C (where the player cancels into dp+C~C), can you control whether it crosses up?  It looks like it should be able to hit on either side depending on how you time the dp+C~C attack, but it seemed to always switch sides in those matches (aside from near the end of match 1 round 2, but Vice was in the corner there, so it probably couldn't cross up).  It'd be kind of lame if the other player could always block it in the same direction.
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »
That Mature player was 4leaf, and yes after dp+P you can choose when to do the follow by pressing P or if want you can not do the follow up at all. So yes it can be used as a cross up but depending on yourand your opponents position.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
First page has been updated with console changes.

---

* Ebony Tears comes out faster. Can hit opponent afterwards
* Weak Metal Massacre is a one hit attack
* EX Deathrow correctly puts crouching opponent into hitback state on a hit unlike arcade version. If the opponent is crouching during 1-4 hits, a fierce Metal Massacre can still combo with a drivecancel.
- EX Despair doesn’t move Mature behind the opponent even if they’re crouching

Producer Yamamoto says:
Ebony Tears is a lot easier to use now. Weak Metal Massacre has been changed to a single hit and does less scaling, so it might be useful for fast paced matches.

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
opponent can jump over her neomax if they're in the corner at the apex of the jump during neomax active frames. Would look funny in a match seeing as everyone will think it will connect/