Author Topic: Ash Crimson (Arcade Version)  (Read 43012 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Crimson
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »
Curious, if I place a Genee in front of the opponent and they react and hit me and the Genee hits them (AFAIK, Genee still stays even if you get hit), is it possible to connect an EX Pluivose after trading hits? Both of us still on the ground of course.

Not quite sure, but it's iffy.

I suppose it would depend on when it explodes - as you are getting hit, he gets hit at the same time, or after you get hit and they are recovering from the move. If it's possible would have to be from an opponent's light attack. I do know the EX super is either a 2 or 1 frame attack so it would be very close.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:37 PM »
Curious, if I place a Genee in front of the opponent and they react and hit me and the Genee hits them (AFAIK, Genee still stays even if you get hit), is it possible to connect an EX Pluivose after trading hits? Both of us still on the ground of course.

I suppose it would depend on when it explodes - as you are getting hit, he gets hit at the same time, or after you get hit and they are recovering from the move. If it's possible would have to be from an opponent's light attack. I do know the EX super is either a 2 or 1 frame attack so it would be very close.

Hmm, speaking of exploding, I'm assuming it takes a little while before Genee explodes right? As in maybe a 1 second delay. And if the opponent never gets into range, will it still explode or just disappear?

I also have a few more questions if you don't mind.

I think I saw someone link a d D after a d A but I'm not sure. Although it's probably useless since Ash can cancel his d B anyways, I guess it's a good thing to keep in mind.

I'm assuming all specials after his b B is a link right? Because that's how I did combos with EX Pluivose. If it's so, is it possible to connect his command throw?

And speaking of command throw, the simple C > command throw should work right (hcb C, hcb BD)? EDIT: Oh wait, scratch that, he has Genee now. I guess there goes the C > command throw shortcut. :(

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »

Hmm, speaking of exploding, I'm assuming it takes a little while before Genee explodes right? As in maybe a 1 second delay. And if the opponent never gets into range, will it still explode or just disappear?

I also have a few more questions if you don't mind.

I think I saw someone link a d D after a d A but I'm not sure. Although it's probably useless since Ash can cancel his d B anyways, I guess it's a good thing to keep in mind.

I'm assuming all specials after his b B is a link right? Because that's how I did combos with EX Pluivose. If it's so, is it possible to connect his command throw?

And speaking of command throw, the simple C > command throw should work right (hcb C, hcb BD)? EDIT: Oh wait, scratch that, he has Genee now. I guess there goes the C > command throw shortcut. :(

1. Genee does explode by itself after a certain amount of time. The normal one has a delay when it explodes, maybe like 0.5 seconds. I've seen people just run past it.

2. d.A, d.D does not link. The reason to use it is because d.D actually moves the character forward so you suffer less push back.

3. The only moved you can do after b.B is d,u+B, qcfx2+BD, ABCD, and d.B.
  - b.B does not cancel normally so all combos are links. The exception to this is that b.B becomes cancellable in HD and ABCD mode
  - For ABCD you can only do it after one light attack -> b.B. If you do C, b.B it won't connect because of too much pushback.
  - d.B seems to be like a 1-frame link, so probably not a good idea to try it in a real match.

4. To combo the command throw neomax, I can only get 1 light attack -> neomax. I've tried different variations but none seems to work. It doesn't have that much range despite being a neomax. I usually do empty hop, wake up or dash neomax outside of a combo.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »
  - d.B seems to be like a 1-frame link, so probably not a good idea to try it in a real match.

Does the b B before the d B link need any special requirement to it such as distance (hitting at the last frames) or can the b B be a deep hit and still be able to link a d B?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »

Does the b B before the d B link need any special requirement to it such as distance (hitting at the last frames) or can the b B be a deep hit and still be able to link a d B?

Doesn't seem to need to be that close. I've done C -> b+B, d.B

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »
4. To combo the command throw neomax, I can only get 1 light attack -> neomax. I've tried different variations but none seems to work. It doesn't have that much range despite being a neomax. I usually do empty hop, wake up or dash neomax outside of a combo.

Ash's NM has to be on par with Duo Lon's NM command grab in terms of range if not farther (considering it can MC off of his qcf x2+K DM) and DL can do a s.C/D into NM.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »
Ash can't even do S.C into neomax I checked. The reason it cancels off his qcfx2+K is because that super moves him forward closer to the opponent. Meaning his range is shorter.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:50 AM »
You sure?  DL's NM is pretty crappy too in terms of range.  I gotta try for myself.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:18 AM »
i always felt (from the receiving end) that ash's had better range. i feel like duo lon requires sprite overlap sometimes (ok, so maybe not that bad but sometimes...).

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
I think you guys should check the distance I do it from, it's almost always point blank.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
I think you guys should check the distance I do it from, it's almost always point blank.

We'll do this for dinner!  If Ash has farther or same range than DL, then you buy me, if DL's has farther range than I buy =)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:10 AM »

We'll do this for dinner!  If Ash has farther or same range than DL, then you buy me, if DL's has farther range than I buy =)

Deal!

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
Hi, i'm trying to do the hd cancels with ash but it seems almost imposible (too tight). Could someone explain to me how to do the nivose hd cancel to ventose?

I feel there is a trick doing that

Thanks

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »
Hi, i'm trying to do the hd cancels with ash but it seems almost imposible (too tight). Could someone explain to me how to do the nivose hd cancel to ventose?

I feel there is a trick doing that

Thanks

There are shortcuts for the charged moves: charge db~ub+K then fwd+P immediately.  Characters like Leona need to repeat the set so I always return to db out of habit (like a triangle). Also, don't forget in his Sans Culotte mode you don't have to charge at all.

By the way, welcome to DC and don't forget to introduce yourself when you get a chance.

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »

There are shortcuts for the charged moves: charge db~ub+K then fwd+P immediately.  Characters like Leona need to repeat the set so I always return to db out of habit (like a triangle). Also, don't forget in his Sans Culotte mode you don't have to charge at all.

By the way, welcome to DC and don't forget to introduce yourself when you get a chance.

i thought that it was db~uf and then fwd.
Thanks Kane317, ill try this out!!!