Author Topic: Ash Crimson (Arcade Version)  (Read 43299 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Crimson
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 01:08:43 AM »
Monster Ash combo. Rare to see San-Culotte>HD. Very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISWiMl0caI&#t=2m54s

He was so close to having 1 stock during that. I wish he could of finished off the combo with Germinal during Sans-Culotte or Pluviose at the end of the HD combo.

I guess if you're close to having almost 3 supers, you could do an HD combo so that way the meter builds up to 3 stock during it. Then go into San-Culottes combo and finish with Germinal.

Duc (Ash) has been working on some pretty sick combos, I'll try to get it on film. (we have an agreement that if I film he's not allowed to do it on me hehe).

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »

He was so close to having 1 stock during that. I wish he could of finished off the combo with Germinal during Sans-Culotte or Pluviose at the end of the HD combo.

I guess if you're close to having almost 3 supers, you could do an HD combo so that way the meter builds up to 3 stock during it. Then go into San-Culottes combo and finish with Germinal.

if you notice, both during a successful sans-culotte and HD activation, no meter is gained. otherwise, people would HD combo simply to gain ridiculous amounts of meter.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:40 AM »

if you notice, both during a successful sans-culotte and HD activation, no meter is gained. otherwise, people would HD combo simply to gain ridiculous amounts of meter.

Love that combo, Kane linked me that to me earlier.

I can get down the Sans/HD combo in any order now, but this guy is simply ridiculous. In order to do that combo he had to do walking forward b~f+C, which isn't hard by itself, but during a combo 4 times takes some serious skill.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:08:37 AM by Kane317 »

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 08:01:24 AM »

Oh sorry. I worded it wrong. I meant do a little combo before HD activation to work up the meter to 3 stock. Like j.D, c.CxxHD, etc.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »
At the end of that video, when time is nearly out and Elizabeth (with a decent health lead) just starts turtling, what do you guys think Ash should have done? It seems like a really tough spot for Ash.

He used his only bar on an EX fireball, which was a risky gamble. He then tried to go for a throw, which Elizabeth broke.

Might that have been a good time for his super fireball? Regardless of whether she jumped it, or rolled, or just blocked, that would still put her at some risk, right?

I'm interested what some other options could have been.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
Should have rushed in with that 1 meter, zoning using fireballs with just a few seconds left on the clock isn't a very good idea I think. If he rushed in with that meter he would have had a better chance of landing damage and could have punished Liz on reaction with the kick super if she did anything.

On a side note, this SDM of his feels like a balanced version of Yun's Genei jin  (?) from 3rd Strike.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
At the end of that video, when time is nearly out and Elizabeth (with a decent health lead) just starts turtling, what do you guys think Ash should have done? It seems like a really tough spot for Ash.

He used his only bar on an EX fireball, which was a risky gamble. He then tried to go for a throw, which Elizabeth broke.

Might that have been a good time for his super fireball? Regardless of whether she jumped it, or rolled, or just blocked, that would still put her at some risk, right?

I'm interested what some other options could have been.

Thermidor was definitely his best option. If not that, a few well-placed Genee would've still kept Liz on defense, enough for an overhead or grab.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
The opponent had a lot more life than Thermidor would handle. Again I stress that people avoid using that super, it's pretty bad overall. If it was like KOFXI, it'd be good to use, but the start up is so bad I've had opponents dash hyper jump from full screen and hit me out of it.

His best bet at that point is to rush down. With one stock he can do a 40% corner combo or mid screen 30%ish d.B, d.B, b+B, d~u+BD.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:48:30 PM by Ash »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
I took Duc's advice and tried to use Thermidor when I knocked people down. It does add nice pressure though yeah, it's still pretty bad. It did make one person forget I put up Genies around, however.

Also tried doing some Sans-Cullottes combos and...failed miserably. xD I don't have XI so this is actually the first time I tried doing it. Didn't realize I have to be fast about it. In the end, I just finished practice mode with A, B, C, D > Germinal. xD
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:43:24 PM by Aenthin »

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
In the end, I just finished practice mode with A, B, C, D > Germinal. xD

That works? I thought after San-Culotte, you would have to do a hit or 2 before Germinal.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »
In the end, I just finished practice mode with A, B, C, D > Germinal. xD

That works? I thought after San-Culotte, you would have to do a hit or 2 before Germinal.
No. You just need Sans-Culottes and that's it.

Oh and I'm talking about the followup Germinal, not Caprice.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:21:26 AM by Aenthin »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »
Ash combo demostration from snkgameHK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BLHt6KkEfg
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »
I took Duc's advice and tried to use Thermidor when I knocked people down. It does add nice pressure though yeah, it's still pretty bad. It did make one person forget I put up Genies around, however.

Also tried doing some Sans-Cullottes combos and...failed miserably. xD I don't have XI so this is actually the first time I tried doing it. Didn't realize I have to be fast about it. In the end, I just finished practice mode with A, B, C, D > Germinal. xD

His San's Combo's really aren't that bad. When you get used to it, it feels like single inputs for most moves, since you're cancelling into other specials without having to charge.

ABCD
d,u+D
b+D
f+D (caprice)
b+B (miss)
f+C  (fireball)
d,u+B
b+D
f+D  (caprice)
b+B (miss)
f+C  (fireball)
d,u+B
b+D
f+D  (caprice)
b+B (miss)
f+C  (fireball)
whatever finisher

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 03:35:23 AM »
I read this on the Japanese forum, but confirmed. You can do the following

C -> b+B, d.B -> b+B

Seems to be like a 1-frame link and can only be followed up by BC. Doing d~u+B won't connect if you're too far away since the move needs to hit as early as possible (the bottom of the move).

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »
Curious, if I place a Genee in front of the opponent and they react and hit me and the Genee hits them (AFAIK, Genee still stays even if you get hit), is it possible to connect an EX Pluivose after trading hits? Both of us still on the ground of course.