Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 28682 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
Some corrections:

- Andy's Zaneiken doesn't need to be charged.
- The motion for Gekihishoken is qcf,hcb+P.

I've hit a bit of a wall in my Andy training. The key to his long corner juggles and his HD combos is Zaneiken --DC--> Kuuhaden (breaking) -> something else. [db,f+P (DC) hcf+K, BD]

My trouble is that I can't break the Kuuhaden with the correct timing. I either break it too early and fail to re-juggle my opponent, or I miss the window and can't break it at all.

Obviously, practice is the only way to get this down, but does anyone have any advice on this? I'm really sick of messing this combo up.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Some corrections:

I've hit a bit of a wall in my Andy training. The key to his long corner juggles and his HD combos is Zaneiken --DC--> Kuuhaden (breaking) -> something else. [db,f+P (DC) hcf+K, BD]

My trouble is that I can't break the Kuuhaden with the correct timing. I either break it too early and fail to re-juggle my opponent, or I miss the window and can't break it at all.

Obviously, practice is the only way to get this down, but does anyone have any advice on this? I'm really sick of messing this combo up.

From what I know he still has to charge for zaneiken, just that it's like half as long as most charge characters. I might be mistaken though.

If you're breaking hcf+B and still missing, the opponent is too high. I would recommend doing a combo that you don't need to wait for him to fall lower.

(corner) j.C, C, f+A -> hcf+K -> BD -> [db~f+A x2 -> DC hcf+K -> BD]x3 or 4

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
From what I know he still has to charge for zaneiken, just that it's like half as long as most charge characters. I might be mistaken though.

You're mistaken, no charging for Andy this year.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »

Booo, I want that for Ash

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

It's called San Culotte ;)   If his Nivose (c.d~u+B), didn't require a charge, it'll be too much coz isn't it a 3 framer?  I mean a freaking light poke is usually 4 frames!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:34:06 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »

It's called San Culotte ;)   If his Nivose (c.d~u+B), didn't require a charge, it'll be too much coz isn't it a 3 framer?  I mean a freaking light poke is usually 4 frames!

Just joking sir!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »

I don't remember Andy ever having a charge for that move

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
Some corrections:

Try double tapping to help break your canceled hop kick! Works for me =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »

NO WONDER the button is broken today at Alex's arcade!  haha.

---
The few times I messed around with Andy I just do it immediately afterwards, but Mr KOF is definitely the Andy user to ask.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:09 AM »

NO WONDER the button is broken today at Alex's arcade!  haha.

---
The few times I messed around with Andy I just do it immediately afterwards, but Mr KOF is definitely the Andy user to ask.

Kunio double taps just about everything, probably why he rarely drops combos

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »

Really?  I gotta pay attention next time coz double tapping with Duo Lon would give you weird overlaps especially with his d.A/f.A/qcf+As...  I thought he would be even more precise than most ppl.  Wait are you sure, the way he was teaching me his DL, he wasn't double tapping.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »
I just started playing Andy today and what i did to break the kick was press BD right after doing hcf+B. I buffered it and it broke perfectly everytime for me.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »

Really?  I gotta pay attention next time coz double tapping with Duo Lon would give you weird overlaps especially with his d.A/f.A/qcf+As...  I thought he would be even more precise than most ppl.  Wait are you sure, the way he was teaching me his DL, he wasn't double tapping.

I don't know how I can be not sure. I saw it him doing it everytime I look at his hands when he plays. I think he doesn't do it for light chains since they're fast , but mostly everything else he double taps.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
Okay, another Andy question.

If you're breaking his kick, is there any difference between the ;b and ;d versions? Is the timing affected, or the height of the juggle, or anything like that?

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 01:42:39 AM »
Rex, I don't think there's any difference between the B and D version if you'e breaking it.

What are you you guys doing as an HD with Andy? I'm just doing this.

St.C, f+A, (HD), st.C, f+A, hcf+K, (BD, db/f+A, db/f+A, (DC) hcf+K)x2, db/f+A (DC) dp+C, max cancel.

I don't know if I formatted that right but that's the gist of what I'm using. Is that the most damaging one? Also does anyone know any that work full screen?