Author Topic: Iori Yagami (Claws) (Arcade Version)  (Read 29790 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Balance issues and constructive suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »
is his non ex command throw easy to hit in combos, like from lights, from hard attack and from command normals? im guerssing jump in, light attack, command throw should easily be possible.

Only thing I've seen the normal command grab combo off of without drive cancelling is s.B, f+A -> hcf+P at the closest distance possible

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
Iori's KO combo ! Exactly 1000 points damage. 5 stocks and one full hyperdrive meter

Can be done  from mid screen to corner .

Jump C , Near C , Df+C , BC , autodash , Near C  , Df+C , hcb+B , HD cancel into dp A , and then immediately HD cancel to EX qcb BD ,  qcb B , HD cancel into dp A and HD cancel into qcb B , qcb B ,  qcf , hcb + A  DM ,   at the last moment of super , max cancel into his NEOMAX   qcf qcf B+D.     And there you have it , a full life combo.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »
I saw part of this combo in one of the singapore or japanese combo vids. So I took that part and have this combo.

0 Power Gauge, 0% Drive Bar, 40%
(corner) j.C, C -> f+A -> dp+C, qcb+A, dp+A

1 Power Gauge, 0% Drive Bar, 50%(?)
(corner) j.C, C -> f+A -> dp+C, qcb+A, qcf-hcb+P

2 Power Gauge, 0% Drive Bar, 60%(?) EDIT: Approximately 535dmg -Kane317
(corner) j.C, C -> f+A -> dp+C, qcb+A, qcf-hcb+AC

0 Power Gauge, 50% Drive Bar, 45%(?)
(corner) j.C, C -> f+A -> dp+C, qcb+A (1hit) -> DC dp+C, qcb+B, qcb+A, dp+A
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:43:41 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 06:06:52 AM »
I finally got around practicing Iori like I intended from day one.  He's definitely up there with the HD monsters like Shen and now Leona.

1 stock + HD 860dmg
(Corner) j.C, s.C, df.C, BC, s.C, df.C, df+A, [HDC] qcb B, [HDC] dp+C, (qcb B, [HDC] dp+C) x4, qcb B, qcb A, DM

2 stocks + HD 896dmg
(Corner) j.C, s.C, df.C, BC, s.C, df.C, df+A, [HDC] qcb B, [HDC] dp+C, (qcb B, [HDC] dp+C) x4, qcb B, qcb A, Ex DM

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
I finally got around practicing Iori like I intended from day one.  He's definitely up there with the HD monsters like Shen and now Leona.

1 stock + HD 860dmg
(Corner) j.C, s.C, df.C, BC, s.C, df.C, df+A, [HDC] qcb B, [HDC] dp+C, (qcb B, [HDC] dp+C) x4, qcb B, qcb A, DM

2 stocks + HD 896dmg
(Corner) j.C, s.C, df.C, BC, s.C, df.C, df+A, [HDC] qcb B, [HDC] dp+C, (qcb B, [HDC] dp+C) x4, qcb B, qcb A, Ex DM

I think you meant to type dp.C as the first special attack.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
I finally got around practicing Iori like I intended from day one.  He's definitely up there with the HD monsters like Shen and now Leona.

1 stock + HD 860dmg

2 stocks + HD 896dmg

I think you meant to type dp.C as the first special attack.

I've been doing it with A just like I typed.  I dunno coz I just coz threw things together myself.  I'll try it with C the next time.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
Iori's command grab reminds me of Orochi Yashiro.

If hcf+A/C, dp+C, j. D gets the opponent to the corner from, like, the players starting prositions, the opponent will not fully land at the corner. There will be enough space for Iori to jump inside the corner as the opponent get up. I think this can be very useful as for mind games and resets.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:34:07 AM by AmedoS310 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
I saw part of this combo in one of the singapore or japanese combo vids. So I took that part and have this combo.

I'll eventually organize this a little better but I tested for 2 stocks, no drive, non-corner
j.C, s.C, df.C, Ex qcb+P, DM EDIT: 493dmg

does more than

j.C, s.C, df.C, Ex DM 479dmg
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:59:32 AM by Kane317 »

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 04:26:41 AM »

I'll eventually organize this a little better but I tested for 2 stocks, no drive, non-corner

does more than

j.C, s.C, df.C, Ex DM 479 dmg

Unless I'm missing something you can do j.C, s.C, df.C, dp+C, ex maiden masher for 530 something dmg. It doesn't work with the regular dm but the ex version goes fast enough to hit.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 05:02:37 AM »

does more than

j.C, s.C, df.C, Ex DM 479 dmg

Unless I'm missing something you can do j.C, s.C, df.C, dp+C, ex maiden masher for 530 something dmg. It doesn't work with the regular dm but the ex version goes fast enough to hit.

Welcome to DC Ice Water!  Make sure you introduce yourself when you get a chance.  I overlooked that completely and I think you're right and I stand corrected.  It appears that I have much to learn with Iori hah.

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
Thanks, will do.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
So... for someone who is so used to the old Iori, how easy or how hard would you say is transitioning to this new way of playing as Iori?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:40 AM »
So... for someone who is so used to the old Iori, how easy or how hard would you say is transitioning to this new way of playing as Iori?

I'd say he's kinda familiar with his normals but with a complete new special move set it'll take time adjusting.  Overall, he's incredibly rewarding to play once you get the hang of him.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »
ya specially now that he is safe after so many of his specials/strings... all of his EX moves giving him invincibility... and that he can cross up a standing opponent from a hop or hyper hop with b+B...

i had one question... it feels like you can't do his bb+B instantly from a back dash anymore... is it just me or is this true? 98/2K2/XI it felt like he could do it instantly after back dash... now it feels like i need to put a little delay to it...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 03:58:16 AM »
ya specially now that he is safe after so many of his specials/strings... all of his EX moves giving him invincibility... and that he can cross up a standing opponent from a hop or hyper hop with b+B...

i had one question... it feels like you can't do his bb+B instantly from a back dash anymore... is it just me or is this true? 98/2K2/XI it felt like he could do it instantly after back dash... now it feels like i need to put a little delay to it...

Yeah the Ex moves really help him out due to the invincibilities, which *kinda* balances out that the DMs lost invincibility.

His b x2+b.B still is the same.