Author Topic: Hello from KCMO  (Read 1664 times)

SuperVehicle001

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello from KCMO
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
This is SuperVehicle001 saying hi from Kansas City Missouri. I took a strange path here to Dream Cancel. I've not been super into fighting games but I've owned a few. I tried getting better but even in casual play my friends always beat my ass at fighting games. Then I took a break from all gaming, a very long one.

Recently my cousin gave me his copy of Mortal Kombat 9. I fell in love with that series again. Which lead me to TestYourMight.com... which lead me to buy a stick, then more fighting games... which led me to shoryuken.com. Then I snapped up more current fighting games and one was of course KoF XIII. Which then led me here to Dream Cancel. This was all in the span of the last month or so.

KoF has always had a special place in my heart despite not playing it much. As a kid, once a year my family would have a reunion around christmas at some hotel in Wichita KS. The place sucked expect they had a MVS machine with KoF '96, Metal Slug (hence my addiction to that series) and Super Puzzle Bopple.

I want to get better, not for serious tournament competition. I don't have the time for that, but I'd like to get beyond button mashing.

Anyway I look forward to some great advice and fun times ahead here on Dream Cancel!

-SuperVehicle (The Metal Slug)
PSN: MetalSlugIV

"The future is not determined by the throw of the dice; it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
-Phong

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from KCMO
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »
Welcome SuperVehicle, glad you found your way here. I can sort of relate to your KOF experience, only mine was '95. We'll be able to get you to the proficient beyond button mashing for sure. Which characters are you working on right now?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SuperVehicle001

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from KCMO
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38:08 AM »
Working with King on point. The rest are kind of in flux. I'm leaning toward EX Kyo as anchor but I've cycling through my 2nd character. I've tried Mr. Karate, Takuma, Iori and EX Iori.

"The future is not determined by the throw of the dice; it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
-Phong

SuperVehicle001

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hello from KCMO
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
Ok look new roster. King, Mr. Karate, Claw Iori.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

-Phong