Author Topic: Shen Woo (Arcade Version)  (Read 33679 times)

ShinSyn

• New Challenger
  • Perfection's Unrealistic, Strive for Greatness!
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:33 AM »
also @ shinsyn compared to shen's charge time in kof 2003 the punch is a lot faster and while you can easily roll out of it, and saying that after charging the move for that long it should guard break. isn't the case for a lot of characters in other fighting games with similar moves. plenty have moves that could be charged longer and the opponent has the to do something similar to a roll and block at the same time.

just so you don't get me wrong i'm not a fan of the nerf.

It's cool.  I'm sure most of us aren't a fan of this nerf but it's still holds a great discussion for the character.

The 2003's version of the charge punch was way too long if you ask me.  If the user was crazy enough to hold that full charge to attempt a guard break, the user be punished.  Most charge moves that are in fighting games that gives you the option to hold the attack, and it's a physical attack (Mind you, there aren't many), it guard crushes.  

Projectiles (more common moves that can be fully charged in fighters) do not fall under the category of guard crushing, on the exception of 2 that I know of; Ryu's Denjin Hadouken, and Yuri's Alternate Fireball (Similar to Ryu's Denjin Hakoukenin) in 2003 but in these cases, those projectiles just say guarding is irrelevant.  In the end, it does stun which in a sense leave you as/if not more vulnerable after being hit with it.

[Yes, I just compared DM's to a Super, reason being is that the moves that Guard Crush on contact with charge in these games are DM's, Shen's DM does not have the Charge-Guard Break option so his Super move does.]

I can understand this nerf being something done for the "Interest of Fairness" for those who can't avoid and punish it, but it's an unnecessary nerf IMO since you have various options to avoid the situation of being guard crushed by it.  But if it's true that there was an unavoidable set up for it, they could do what someone noted earlier, have it set to get rid of 75% of the guard gauge.

Well, this is how the game was made, and there's no changing it so I really don't have much of a choice, but to deal with it though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:27:31 AM by ShinSyn »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2011, 03:02:09 AM »
also @ shinsyn compared to shen's charge time in kof 2003 the punch is a lot faster and while you can easily roll out of it, and saying that after charging the move for that long it should guard break. isn't the case for a lot of characters in other fighting games with similar moves. plenty have moves that could be charged longer and the opponent has the to do something similar to a roll and block at the same time.

just so you don't get me wrong i'm not a fan of the nerf.

It's cool.  I'm sure most of us aren't a fan of this nerf but it's still holds a great discussion for the character.

The 2003's version of the charge punch was way too long if you ask me.  If the user was crazy enough to hold that full charge to attempt a guard break, the user be punished.  Most charge moves that are in fighting games that gives you the option to hold the attack, and it's a physical attack (Mind you, there aren't many), it guard crushes.  

Projectiles (more common moves that can be fully charged in fighters) do not fall under the category of guard crushing, on the exception of 2 that I know of; Ryu's Denjin Hadouken, and Yuri's Alternate Fireball (Similar to Ryu's Denjin Hakoukenin) in 2003 but in these cases, those projectiles just say guarding is irrelevant.  In the end, it does stun which in a sense leave you as/if not more vulnerable after being hit with it.

[Yes, I just compared DM's to a Super, reason being is that the moves that Guard Crush on contact with charge in these games are DM's, Shen's DM does not have the Charge-Guard Break option so his Super move does.]

I can understand this nerf being something done for the "Interest of Fairness" for those who can't avoid and punish it, but it's an unnecessary nerf IMO since you have various options to avoid the situation of being guard crushed by it.  But if it's true that there was an unavoidable set up for it, they could do what someone noted earlier, have it set to get rid of 75% of the guard gauge.

Well, this is how the game was made, and there's no changing it so I really don't have much of a choice, but to deal with it though.

actually i was refering to tekken with the point about charging moves. because over the years there have been plenty of moves that you can charge ( although they tend to be pretty quick ) that don't hit through.
also you can block sean's tackle in 3s and you execute the move by holding the move for the grab to come out.

and i also wanted to give you a welcome to DC  :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »
Drive cancelling his command throw make him more scary in the wall..
but i want to ask...does he have moves thAT give him advantage on block..???..you know the frame trap thing..or counter hit setups..

CDMoose

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
Is this wishful thinking or is there a trick to do  qcf+k [DC] qcf+p  without the super coming out?
It seems important to some of his combos and I can't quite seem to get it to work.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »
Is this wishful thinking or is there a trick to do  qcf+k [DC] qcf+p  without the super coming out?
It seems important to some of his combos and I can't quite seem to get it to work.

There's no trick, you just have to do the qcf+P slower.

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Re: Shen Woo
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2011, 09:06:46 AM »
It seems like it should be one of the easiest HD combos, and it probably is, but I keep getting super as well. Yea I can see that you have to slow the QCF+C after the QCF+D, but to loop this at that speed, rhythmically a few times, is irksome. What's crazy is I mashed my way through it completely one time while on the phone without buffering any supers. But after that, either too fast or too slow. Sigh...
Pimp hand, give me strength...