Author Topic: Shen Woo (Arcade Version)  (Read 33473 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 12:14:10 AM »
Found out something today - Already knew shen can cancel his qcb+P to another special move when canceling fireballs, but it can cancel into itself. If the opponent does a multi fireball move, you can cancel them all =P

I guessing you are referring to qcb+C right, cause the way you are saying it sounds like you are referring to both versions A and C which would be wrong since A version is the Hammer.

Also wasn't there a challenge in KOF XI about this? Shen vs Kings Leader Super or something?

Yes that move C version. Yep there is a challenge for that in XI.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 01:22:27 AM »
Found out something today - Already knew shen can cancel his qcb+P to another special move when canceling fireballs, but it can cancel into itself. If the opponent does a multi fireball move, you can cancel them all =P

I guessing you are referring to qcb+C right, cause the way you are saying it sounds like you are referring to both versions A and C which would be wrong since A version is the Hammer.

Also wasn't there a challenge in KOF XI about this? Shen vs Kings Leader Super or something?

There was, and that's where he got the idea from.  It was XI's mission mode and it was Shen vs King and he had to reflect like 6-7 fireballs real fast or something.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »
Alright guys! I don't know how it happened but I have a Shen again! For a long time I couldn't rush down and I couldn't do my HDs anymore even when I got a clean hit. I tried playing him yesterday and I could do everything that I couldn't. I randomly remembered how to rush down and remembered how to do HDs. Good day. Good day.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
No. 17's 1 stock HD 799dmg combo is finally up.

j.C, s.C, f.B, HD, s.C, f.B, qcf D, [HDC] qcf C, [HDC] qcf D, qcf D, [HDC] qcf C, [HDC] qcf D, qcb A.qcf A, [HDC] qcf D, qcf A, [HDC] qcf D, qcf D, qcf x2+P DM

All credits to him, I just performed it and CMD.Duc recorded and edited it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:37:56 PM by Kane317 »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:55 AM »
Qcfx2+P has counter wire on it, right?  I'm pretty sure I got wall bounces on the couple of them I landed as counterhits today, but I was a little overstimulated with playing XIII for the first time, so I could be mistaken *laughs* .  Anyway, assuming that's right, I'm guessing the typical options for what to do off of the wire are the same as the post-crumple stuff:

1. super
2. qcf+BD, qcf+D, qcf+D, super (2 power gauge)
3. qcf+BD, qcf+D, qcb+A, qcf+A -> DC qcf+D, qcf+A, super (2 power gauage, 1 drive cancel)
4. qcb+A, qcf+A -> DC qcf+D, qcb+A, qcf+A (1 drive cancel)
5. (corner) qcf+D, s.C or super

If you don't have any super then s.CD does the most damage.
but just wanted to bring it up in case there was something better.  Might it be possible to do CH qcfx2+P, qcf+D, <juggle stuff> (basically Ash's #2/3, with the CH DM instead of qcf+BD)?  Or what about CH qcfx2+P, (roll or empty CD or A~C, A~B~C) CABC, qcfx2+P, since that's already something like 770 damage (not considering any bonus for getting a counterhit or potentially using an EX punch DM)?

Granted, good players probably won't be getting hit with counterhit punch DMs often, but it doesn't hurt to have something in mind in case it comes up, since that seems like it should be a nice threat for Shen against mindless zoning, especially if he can get nice damage without using drive meter.

Obviously, disregard all of this if I'm just getting confused between playing XIII and messing around some in XI *laughs*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:05:22 AM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:46 AM »
I believe it does have counterwire, I never thought about trying to follow up with something besides a simple st.C. I think I'm going to the arcade tomorrow so I'll be sure to try it out. CH Shen Woo Punch is really rare though since it has a period of invincibility then the punch comes out so usually it just blows through whatever your opponent throws out. At least that's what usually happens when I throw it out.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:58 AM »
Qcfx2+P has counter wire on it, right?  I'm pretty sure I got wall bounces on the couple of them I landed as counterhits today, but I was a little overstimulated with playing XIII for the first time, so I could be mistaken *laughs* .  Anyway, assuming that's right, I'm guessing the typical options for what to do off of the wire are the same as the post-crumple stuff:

Yes, his qcfx2+P does have counter wire properties.

Except a crumple state in on the ground.  You cannot juggle with Ex qcf K, Shen's Hammer would be too slow, qcf D is most likely too slow and depending on height and positioning would make it even more challenging to connected.  Often times we do another DM, Ex DM, or just j.CD.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
Aww, I was hoping that EX qcf+K would be able to set them in a juggle state after the bounce.  Disappointing  :( .  So basically, best to just punch them, and if they bounce off the wall, punch them again *laughs* .  Probably not a huge loss since that should be a fairly rare situation anyway, but it would've been nice if he could've done some crazy wire stuff.
Old man/bad player

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 12:17:39 AM »
after doing his chain with the punch feint   (;c, ;fd ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;c) would it be safer to sweep roll back or jump in for another attack??

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
after doing his chain with the punch feint   (;c, ;fd ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;c) would it be safer to sweep, roll back, or jump in for another attack??

You know I always wanted to do more testing, but I know that a lot of times I'm able to sweep the opponent if they're trying to do that "string" on me, between the charging of the SHEN WOO LITE punch and the canceling frames, it seems like it's enough time to sneak in a sweep.  I don't know if it was just my opponent but I've done it several times. 

As for rolling back, there's still an inherent risk if it's read correctly.  If I'm Shen and I see your pattern, I could Ex DM you or any fast move for that matter.  Jumping in for another attack or just walking forward and poking with s.A seems to be good too.  I'll need to test more to see if it's completely safe.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
i would go for the jump in attack bit i still gotta work on my small jump ins. i would say the safest is the sweep. i roll when i got my opponent on ropes they never expect it

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
99% of the time in that situation I go for the sweep. It's the first thing that pops into my mind seeing how easy it is to pull off. Have you considered mixing it up and doing stuff like charging for a bit to see what they do instead of cancelling right away.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 07:06:55 AM »
the charge cancel in XIII has to be done faster then XII IMO but its worth it

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
do any one know the timing to pull off  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c after  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a i cant get the timing of that move put together down

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 04:32:45 AM »
do any one know the timing to pull off  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c after  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a i cant get the timing of that move put together down

Which move are you talking about?  Did you mean the Shen Woo Hammer (qcb.A~qcf.A)?  If that's the case you just do it as it hits.