Author Topic: Shen Woo (Arcade Version)  (Read 33465 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »
no the woo punch into the woo upper

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
no the woo punch into the woo upper

You just complete the qcf+D motion right as the qcf+C connects.  Think of it like canceling out the hit "frame".

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 02:01:31 AM »
hey guys, i have a question. i was watching the match beween mr. kof and BALA at revelations, and noticed this weird thing thing that happens at 34:17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7TKB4Pauw

shen blocks king's jump in, and gets a KO, but the hit that he does appears to be canceling his block stun, initially, i thought it was probably a CD counter, but the next round, shen still has 3 meters. what exactly is going on here? is this just one of his moves? sorry if i'm ignorant, but some explanation would be greatly appreciated.
In it to win it!

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 02:30:19 AM »
That's just his stand C. It has auto-guard at the start.

It's one of Shen's few defensive tools.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
wow that's so cheap lol

so it can basically function as a consistent anti air if you time it right? what other moves have auto guard, and what is the difference between auto guard and super armor?
In it to win it!

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »
You still receive damage in super armor, autoguard doesn't.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
You still receive damage in super armor, autoguard doesn't.

At least not this year.  FYI, autoguard is also referred to as Guardpoint if you ever read the jBBS.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »
wow that's so cheap lol

so it can basically function as a consistent anti air if you time it right? what other moves have auto guard, and what is the difference between auto guard and super armor?
you are gonna hate Maxima
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
wow that's so cheap lol

you are gonna hate Maxima

It also has to be Far C.  His close one doesn't have GP, so it's not as consistent as one would like.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »
thanks for the info guys! much appreciated

this got me wondering though, does he have auto guard for his whole body? like, what if i did a sweep, would it still auto guard low? and i'm assuming it doesn't auto guard against projectiles right?
In it to win it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »

this got me wondering though, does he have auto guard for his whole body? like, what if i did a sweep, would it still auto guard low? and i'm assuming it doesn't auto guard against projectiles right?

Like all autoguards in recent kofs, it guards any one hitters, DMs, projectiles, whatever.  The autoguard only pertains to his arm.

IIRC, the older kofs like Terry '97, had multiple "guard points" (which is why IMO the Japanese term makes more sense.) /OT
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:14:20 AM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »

Not against lows. 4leaf told me he's able to guard multiple hits as long as the hits are close enough together like Ash's fireball super.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 11:11:33 AM »

Not against lows. 4leaf told me he's able to guard multiple hits as long as the hits are close enough together like Ash's fireball super.

That's kinda strange as I don't think it can guard Takuma's f~b~f+P.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »

I think it just means that Takuma's Zanretsuken is more of a "throw" than an "locking attack" or "attack throw". Also probably has to do with the number of blows, how much stun there is in between each blow, and if all hits of the blow can pull you into an animation.

There seems to be a large variety of hit-types in KoF; moves seem created on a "move to move" basis, to some degree. Makes it very interesting to learn what one can, and can't guard-point.

Oh, and general rule of thumb, guard points only pertain to the area that's actively casting the guard. Like with Terry's back in Rising Tackle in 97, Maxima crossing his arms over his body before his crouching C, or Kyo turning his back/shoulders to you before his DP in various games, there is normally an animation of some guarded body part or something being displayed, before the move gets to the "attack" portion.

These consistently apply to the upper body, and never the lower (if they DO do block low, it's probably a counter or parry, not a Guardpoint), with very few exceptions. Maxima cheats it a bit now, with his "Full body shield!" that he gets on his DM & EX DP+k, and Takuma had that full-body defensive stance in the 2000-series, but that's about it.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 12:51:02 AM »

That move is special, it also can't be countered.