Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Arcade Version)  (Read 29450 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Kyo Kusanagi (Arcade Version)
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Normals

Standing
st. ;a: Standard punch attack, fast and stops a lot of short-hops too
- Cancellable
- Hit Detection: High
- Damage: 25

st. ;b: Quick low kick attack (hits low), very quick
- Cancellable
- Hit Detection: Low
- Damage: 30

st. ;c: Strong punch that's aimed slightly upward, good range and an okay AA, has pretty good hitstun so it may end up starting a few combos
- Whiff/Cancellable
- Damage: 80

st. ;d: Jumping turn kick, great reach and can be used to avoid some attacks that are aimed low as well, it's a little slow though.

cl. ;c: Up close strong punch, because of how quick it is it's gonna be your main bnb/combo starter of choice
- Cancel-able
- Damage: 70
Crouching

cr. ;a: Crouching punch attack, very quick poke, preferred to be chained to his df+D
- Chain/Cancellable
- Damage: 25

cr. ;b: A quick crouching kick, a great poke that's good for chaining into combos, excellent range, can be chained
- Chainable
- Damage: 30

cr. ;c: Crouch uppercut attack, good reach, great priority, very fast, good as an AA, cancel-able, this move got it all
- Cancellable
- Damage: 70

cr. ;d: Crouch sweep attack, knocks standing opponents down when hit, good reach but it's rather slow
- Whiff/Cancellable

Jumping
j. ;a: Jumping elbow attack, it comes out fast but the range is mediocre
- Cancellable
- Hit Detection: Mid
- Damage: 45(40)

j. ;b: Jumping knee attack, good priority and stays out for a bit, crosses-up
- Damage: 45(40)

j. ;c: Jumping punch attack, a great jump-in move and does good damage as well, crosses-up
- Damage: 72(70)

j. ;d: Good priority, useful in air-to-air and should be used earlier than later because of it's range
- Damage: 70(68)

Blowback Attack
;c ;d: Shoulder tackle, very fast
- Whiff/Cancellable
- Damage: 75

j. ;c ;d: Air shoulder tackle, comes out pretty quick, delivers a chunk of hitstun like many other CD attacks
- Cancellable
- Damage: 90(80)

GC ;c ;d: Guard Cancel Blowback Attack
- Damage: 10

Throw
;bk / ;fd + ;c / ;d close = Issetsu Seoi Nage
A slam to elbow drop, nothing much else
- Can be broken
- Hit Detection: Close
- Damage: 65+38

Command Normals
;fd + ;b = Goufu You
Overhead kick, works well with after moves with a lot of hitstun, overhead on crouching opponents
- Cancellable
- Hit Detection: Mid/High
- Damage: 75(60)

;df + ;d = 88 Shiki
2 low sweep kicks, good range, connects after crouch normals and his st. C fairly well
- Free cancellable on first hit
- Damage: 30+45

;db / ;dn / ;df + ;c in air = Naraku Otoshi
Two-handed downward haymaker attack, when successfully used air-to-air it slams the opponent to the ground, has a lot of hitstun so it can be used to jump-in and start a combo, when used during a backdash it makes him hop backward further and quicker, can cross up
- Hard Knockdown on air opponents
- Damage: 50

Special Moves
;qcf + ;a / ;c = Yamibarai *
A flame projectile that goes across the ground towards the other side of the screen, weak version slowly goes across the ground, the strong version goes much faster
- EX comes out very quickly making it very easy to combo into, knocks opponent down
- Super Cancellable on hit, need to be close
- Damage: 60/100

;dp + ;a / ;c = Oniyaki *
An uppercut imbued with flames, has a wide hitbox so it punishes a lot of jump-ins (and some pokes) easily, weak version does one hit while the strong version does 3 hits, both versions make him rise into the air in a diagonal fashion, both versions can be drive/super canceled on the first hit
- EX rises into the air vertically instead of diagonally, also has a vacuum effect on hit pulling them into the uppercut, has more invincibility/auto-guard and does 4 hits
- Drive/Super Cancellable
- Damage: 55+25/80+25x2/70+20x9

;hcb + ;b / ;d = Kotokskio *
Rushing elbow to grab attack, very quick and has lower body invincibility at start-up, works well after most normals and juggle attacks, weak version goes about 75% of the screen and has good recovery, strong version goes full-screen
- EX changes the properties to a 1F command grab
- Drive/Super Cancellable on first hit
- Hit Detection: High/Close
- Damage: 30+135/180

;rdp + ;b / ;d = Oborogurma *
Quick jump kick(s), weak version does one hit and juggles the opponent, strong version does three hits slamming the opponent down on the third hit, both versions are unsafe when whiffed, weak version can be drive/super canceled on the first hit while the strong/EX version can be super canceled on the second hit
- EX mimics the strong version except with more invincibility at start-up, comes out quicker
- Super Cancellable on the first/second hit
- Damage: 40/40x2+70/60x2+100

;qcf + ;b / ;d = Kai *
2 jumping kick attacks, weak version simply knocks the opponent down but it's pretty safe, strong version launches the opponent higher into the air for a possible folow-up, can be super canceled upon second hit
- EX comes out much quicker making it easier to connect after his df+D
- Super Cancellable
- Damage: 35x2/30x2/40x2

Desperation Moves
 ;dn ;db ;hcf + ;a / ;c = Orochinagi *
Flaming wave attack, does a nice amount of chip damage, hold to delay, both the ground and EX versions can be max canceled on hit

;dn ;db ;hcf + ;a / ;c in air = Air Orochinagi
Air flaming wave attack, mimics the ground version except done in the air now, pushes Kyo back slightly after activation
- EX has 1F invincible start-up, more damage, and does three hits instead of one
- Max Cancellable on ground, on hit
- Damage: 210/120x3

Neomax
;qcf x 2 + ;a / ;c = Ama No Murakumo
Kyo throws a small flame across the screen and if it hits the opponent fire pillars rise from the ground hitting the opponent ten times, comes out very quickly making it useful to punish everything from fireballs to laggy moves, however if it misses Kyo stands in place for about a second and a half leaving him wide open to be punished.
- Damage: 45x10

Kyo's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
- (shown in video) 88 Shiki (df+D) moves forward more. As a result, stand C, df+D, QCF+K now does the full four hits.
- Kototsuki You (HCB+K) has more lag on block
- (shown in video) B version of 75 Shiki Kai (QCF+K) can now be followed up with other attacks. On the ground you can only follow up with an uppercut, but on a mid-air hit you can do more interesting things.
- (shown in video) Added an EX version for his mid-air Orochinagi. It does 3 hits and 300 damage. Unlike the ground version it has no invincibility but is very fast, so you can use it in combos or in air-to-air battles.
- far D has less lag.

Yamamoto – The air Orochinagi which he learned in KOF Sky Stage (laughs) and now the EX version on top of that has made him a master of the move. It’s now possible to do high damage combos off of a hit confirm with his df.HK>fb+HK {df.D > qcf+D}combo. Please try him out now that he has so many more attack options.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:15:41 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »
Gameplay Notes
Kyo is an extremely versatile character with a very vast range of playing styles. He can zone you with Yamibarai but at the same time he can rush you down to the corner. He can punish jump-ins very well with his Oniyaki and Ama No Murakumo but can also carry his opponent across the screen with moves such as Kai and Oborogurma. His HD combos involve him using most of his moveset to get the most damaging combo out possible whether it's midscreen or in the corner. His play-style tends to be favored by people looking for someone who is flashy but at the same time isn't too difficult to learn.

Pros
- Has a wide range of options with his EX attacks
- Good meter-less combos
- Very damaging HD combos
- Incredible offensive rush down game
- Can juggle/punish very well
- Builds meter quickly

Cons
- Zaps meter quickly
- His most damaging combos require him to launch the opponent into the air

Combos

Combo Notation
(HD) - Activate Hyperdrive
(HDC) - Hyperdrive Cance
(DC) - Drive Cancel
(SC) - Super Cancel
(MC) - MAX Cancel
DMG - Damage

No Drive/No Meter
- cr. Bx1~2, st. B, hcb+K
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), hcb+K
- cr. B, st. C, df+D (1), hcb+K

50% Drive/No Meter
- cr. Bx1~2, st. B, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, hcb+D
- cr. Bx1~2, st. B, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D
- st. C, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, hcb+D
- st. C, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), hcb+K, (DC) qcf+K, hcb+K
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), hcb+K, (DC) qcf+K, rdp+D

100% Drive/No Meter
- cr. Bx2, st. B, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, (dash forward) dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, hcb+K
- cr. Bx2, st. B, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, (dash forward) dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D
- st. C, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, (dash forward) dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, hcb+K
- st. C, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, (dash forward) dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D

No Drive/1 Meter
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcb hcf+P
- st. C, qcf+K, qcb hcf+P
- st. C, qcf+K, rdp+B, rdp+BD

50% Drive/1 Meter
- cr. Bx1~2, st. B, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, qcb hcf+P
- st. C, dp+C (1), (DC) qcf+D, qcb hcf+P
- st. C, qcf+D, rdp+Bx2, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P
- st. C, qcf+D, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P

No Drive/2 Meters
- qcf+D, rdp+B, qcb hcf+AC

50% Drive/2 Meters
- cr. Bx1~2, st. B, dp+C (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, qcb hcf+AC

100%/2 Meters
- corner: qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K

No Drive/3 Meters
-corner: qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), qcb hcf+AC

50% Drive/3 Meters
- corner: qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, (rdp+B), qcb hcf+AC

100% Drive/4 Meters
- qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, qcb hcf+AC
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:56:37 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:26:59 PM »
HD Combos
***All combos below start with either standard HD activation, or combo HD activation***
- st. C, df+D (2), hcb+K, [HDC] dp+C (1), qcf+D, hcb+K, [HDC] rdp+B, dp+A, [HDC] rdp+B, dp+A, [HDC] rdp+B, dp+C, [HDC] rdp+B, dp+A, [HDC] qcf+D
- st. C, df+D (2), hcb+K, [HDC] dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, (hcb+K, [HDC] rdp+B, dp+A, [HDC] qcf+D]xn
- corner: [dp+C (1), rdp+B]xn
- coner: [rdp+B, dp+C (1)]xn
- [rdp+B, dp+A, qcf+D]xn
- st. C, df+D (2), ([HDC] hcb+K, [HDC] dp+C)x4, qcf+D, hcb+K
- st. C, df+D (2), ([HDC] hcb+K, [HDC] dp+C)x4, qcf+D, rdp+D

1 Meter Additions
- qcb hcf+P
- [rdp+B, dp+AC]
- [rdp+B, rdp+BD]
- st. C, dp+C (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B)x3, dp+A, [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, rdp+D

2 Meter Additions
- qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, [dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B]x2, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, [HDC] dp+A, [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, [HDC] dp+A, [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, rdp+D

3 Meter Additions
- qcb hcf+P (in air), qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, [dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B]x2, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, [SC in air] qcb hcf+P, qcb hcf+P
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (HDC) rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, [HDC] dp+A, [HDC] qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), rdp+B, dp+A

4 Meter Additions
- st. C, df+D (2), [(HDC) hcb+K, (HDC) dp+C (1)]x3, hcb+K, (SC) qcb hcf+P, (MC) qcfx2+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, (dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B)x2, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+BD

5 Meter Additions
- st. C, df+D (2), [(HDC) hcb+K, (HDC) dp+C (1)]x3, hcb+K, (SC) qcb hcf+AC, qcfx2+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, (HDC) dp+A, (HDC) qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, (HDC) dp+A, (HDC) qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), qcb hcf+AC
- st. C, dp+C (1), [HDC] qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C (1), [HDC] rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+D (2), (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+K, (MC) qcfx2+AC

Corner
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, dp+C
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (DC) rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, dp+C (1), (DC) rdp+B, dp+C
- cr. Bx2, st. B, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, [dp+C (1), (DC) rdp+B]x2, dp+C
- st. C, df+D (1) dp+C (1) qcf+K, rdp+B, [dp+C (1), (DC) rdp+B]x2, dp+C
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, qcb hcf+P
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+K, rdp+B, qcb hcf+P
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, hcb+D
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, hcb+D
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), rdp+B, dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C
- cr. B, cr. A, df+D (1), qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), rdp+B, dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), rdp+B, dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+B, dp+C
- st. C, df+D (1), qcf+D, qcb hcf+P (in air), rdp+B, dp+A, (DC) qcf+D, rdp+D
- qcf+D, rdp+Bx2, (SC) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, dp+AC
- qcf+D, rdp+Bx2, (SC) qcb hcf+P, rdp+B, qcb hcf+P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:56:17 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:02 PM »
Reserved 3

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »
I was wondering which other version of KOF would be good to practice with Kyo so I can get a bit more fimiliar to his XIII build.

Looknig for Mai and Terry as well.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:29 AM »
I was wondering which other version of KOF would be good to practice with Kyo so I can get a bit more fimiliar to his XIII build.

I think Kusanagi from 2k2UM is a good starting point but I'm not 100% if his movelist is the closest, I think so, but it's been so long since I touched 2k2UM and the 3 Kyos makes it harder to remember.  EDIT: I remember it's not Kyo-1 or Kyo-2, and I can't remember if there's a fourth Kyo but if not, then it's Kusanagi. EDIT2: Yeah, there are 4 so it's Kusanagi that you want to practice with.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:23:41 AM by Kane317 »

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »

Anything with Kyo's 95 moveset.  Kusanagi in 2k2UM would be closest, but Kyo in XII or EX Kyo in 98/UM would also be good places to start.

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Wow, I am quiet surprised that Kyo's KO combo has yet to be posted here. Here are the details to do it.  5 stocks and a full hyperdrive bar.  Preferably in the corner or somewhere near the corner.

Jump C , Near C , df+D (2hits) , BC , autodash and press Near C ,  Dp C  and HD cancel into qcf D (2hits) ,  as Kyo lands do rdp B , when he lands again and opponent falls like around his waist level, do Dp C and very fastly HD drive cancel into rdp B and then immediately cancel into his air qcb , hcf  + P  DM , as he lands from the super , very fastly follow up with hcb D to catch the falling opponent. As it hits , HD cancel into rdp B  and then immediately supercancel into air  qcb , hcf  + P  DM again. As he lands on the ground , immediately do rdp D (2hits only) and supercancel into air  qcb , hcf  + P  DM once more. As he lands , finish the combo off with EX qcb , hcf  AC .  

And guys I also have a question.  I know this combo may sound so noob to you , but i need help on this combo

Near C , qcf D (2hits) , rdp B , rdp B ,  EX qcb hcf AC

I seen this in a combo video , it seems so basic but the thing is I kept missing the EX qcb hcf AC   super. What are the conditions to do this? Any tricks or what?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:05:01 PM by ken_garou »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »
I need help on this combo

Near C , qcf D (2hits) , rdp B , rdp B ,  EX qcb hcf AC

I seen this in a combo video , it seems so basic but the thing is I kept missing the EX qcb hcf AC   super. What are the conditions to do this? Any tricks or what?

Holding the AC button slightly longer before releasing makes Kyo's Ex DM come out faster.

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »
Thanks Kane! anyway i want to add a very damaging bread of butter of Kyo in the corner with one drive cancel guage and one powerstock. In corner only , very damaging .

Jump A / B / C / D  ,  Near C , df + D(one hit) (optional and depending on distance) , qcf D (2hits) ,  rdp+ B , and super cancel immediately into air qcb , hcf  + P  DM , as Kyo lands , do qcf + A fireball , when it connects , do hcb + B . End of combo.

This  combo is really damaging while at the same time you are storing your power meter at the same time too. Very useful in versus.  I can't recall how many points worth of damage but it is really very meaty and painful to eat this.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
I love that combo that's like the first one I learned that was cool looking and did goo damage
" you fight well in the old style"

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 09:57:21 AM »
Thanks Kane! anyway i want to add a very damaging bread of butter of Kyo in the corner with one drive cancel guage and one powerstock. In corner only , very damaging .

Jump A / B / C / D  ,  Near C , df + D(one hit) (optional and depending on distance) , qcf D (2hits) ,  rdp+ B , and super cancel immediately into air qcb , hcf  + P  DM , as Kyo lands , do qcf + A fireball , when it connects , do hcb + B . End of combo.

This  combo is really damaging while at the same time you are storing your power meter at the same time too. Very useful in versus.  I can't recall how many points worth of damage but it is really very meaty and painful to eat this.

I was about to post a question on this too. Is this combo character specific? I tried this in the training mode and could not link  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a at all.

Another question, from some of the videos I observed some players did this:  ;dn ;bk ;db ;d [2hits DC]  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c. After kyo land, they could  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d again. I'm quite curious how they did this or were the combos being removed in 1.1?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
you are probably not super canceling the reverse dp B into super fast enough causing you to miss it, that link isn't too difficult, and you can actually connect with HCB D on that combo
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:16:25 AM by metaphysics »

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
I see, so the crucial part is in the canceling part and all I thought as long as the hit links, it will work. Why didn't I think of that? I will work on that. Thanks.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
Yeah just make sure you input the RDP, into super, instantly after qcf D and it should be a piece of cake