Author Topic: Takuma Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 27915 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Takuma Sakazaki
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »
First page has been updated with the console changes.

---

- Jump CD comes out faster
- Stun value on attacks has been lowered
* EX Kyokugen Koou comes out faster and has quicker recovery. Still can’t be comboed from a normal or direction attack.
- Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu comes out faster. It’s still slower than the weak version, but it has invincibility until after the hit detection comes out.
- Weak Hienshippukyaku’s damage reduced from 70 to 50.

Producer Yamamoto says:
He has less stun values than the arcade, but he’s still easier to dizzy the opponent than other characters. Also, it’s not written above but damages on his other specials have also been raised, and he’s a character that can do high damage. He’s been buffed in a lot of places like his air CD and invincible Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu, so please try using him.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
I have a few questions:

what are his anti airs in terms
 of normals, specials and supers?

What does he cross up with?

What are his wake up options?

Is there a reason why people dont do cr.B, st.A to his forward, back, forward special move when he has no meter? It does more damage than his other options and i think it builds more meter also

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
I have a few questions:

what are his anti airs in terms
 of normals, specials and supers?

What does he cross up with?

What are his wake up options?

Is there a reason why people dont do cr.B, cr.A to his forward, back, forward special move when he has no meter? It does more damage than his other options and i think it builds more meter also

Normals : j.CD, d.C
Specials : qcf.B / His fireball game in general (The hitbox of Takuma's projectile is realy high)
Super : qcf hcb C (The A version don't have any invincibility)

Crossup : j.A/j.B/j.C/j.D as far as i know (D/B are the easiest ones, A/C are the tricky ones, but very hard to see them because you're hitting late, and if you're on an appropriate jump you can cross up with the B version and don't with the A, the D version is maybe the best one though)

Wake up : Guard is the safest option, qcf.BD has armor, hcb.BD has invincibility

There are four mains cons of this combo and one pro:
Hard to confirm
Really unsafe in guard (-4 In the best case)
If guarded don't push back the opponent enough to push you away from lights
If your too far some hits will miss so you will only do ~100 Dmg so it doesn't worth it

You can DC it in command throw which is really powerfull
If i'm not wrong his close C and his d.B are starting at the same frame

And for the other one : cr.B,cr.B,qcf.B, does a quite good amount of damage (121 instead of 140)
But you're safe because of the pushback if not positive
The pushback enable you to do anew your zoning game
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:43:41 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 05:23:17 AM »
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. 

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
Played a lot as him yesterday and this character is such a beast, simply love the reimaging. He walks forward like a total boss.

Very strong pressure, love being able to use my advanced (i.e. cheap) Marco style cr.B mashing pressure. Unlike Marco though he can actually combo into specials 2 or 3 hits in.

Its great how  he can can use his close and far standing C the same way for combos, as the far version also combos into f+H and the rest of the stuff just like the close version.

Any tricks to doing (charge) db into f+K kick special after sC, f+B?

For combos I found I was doing stuff too fast after C, f+B. This would result in nothing or a super instead of a fireball. Once I went slower things became more consistant.

How much invincibility do his Ranbu supers have? I feel like I'm eating up and going through stuff all the time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:16:32 PM by Diavle »

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:17 AM »
I just really hope these combos aren't too much of a pain to do.
It's hard to get the timing, but after roughly 30min of training i can do it consistently, the key is to do  ;c ;fd ;b incredibly fast (the commande move  ;fd ;b is buffed when the  ;c animation is still on the screen) to charge  ;db as soon as possible and at the very end of the animation of the  ;fd ;b cancel it by a  ;fd ;d

So if you will learn it do  ;c ;fd ;b and try some charges timing from short to the longest (i release  ;fd ;d nearly when the  ;fd ;b hits).

I've been trying to practice this combo all day and have only been able to get it a couple times out of maybe 50. It's really hard. When exactly do you press ->+D? Is it right as the f.b hits? Or a little after?

It would be extremely helpful if someone could upload a short video of the combo with button inputs showing exactly when to press each input, because this is a hard cancel to get consistently. Regardless if this combo, I'm having a lot of fun trying to learn Takuma. He's a great character and the first character I saw in KOFXIII that I wanted to learn.

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:05 AM »
KOF XIII: Takuma combo tutorial - Mr Karate the Kyokugenryu MasterDoes anybody know how to do the number 9 combo.   ;db ;fd ;d,  ;fd ;bk ;fd ;c DC  ;db ;fd ;d,  ;fd ;bk ;fd ;c,  ;db ;fd ;d into Ryuuko Ranbu in that don'tdropthatcombo video for takuma. I've tried doing it and can't get it off consistently into  ;fd ;bk ;fd ;c, it's either to early or too late, seems to be hard to time. If there's a process somebody goes through to get that combo let me know.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:13:33 AM by KCs NOTORIOUS »
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
I just really hope these combos aren't too much of a pain to do.
It's hard to get the timing, but after roughly 30min of training i can do it consistently, the key is to do  ;c ;fd ;b incredibly fast (the commande move  ;fd ;b is buffed when the  ;c animation is still on the screen) to charge  ;db as soon as possible and at the very end of the animation of the  ;fd ;b cancel it by a  ;fd ;d

So if you will learn it do  ;c ;fd ;b and try some charges timing from short to the longest (i release  ;fd ;d nearly when the  ;fd ;b hits).

Thanks for this explanation, it actually helped out a ton. I was struggling with it at first but the next time I went to training mode I am now able to do it consistently without too much worry.
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
I am having a difficult time with st.C, f+B, db,f+D starter for Takuma. I've read the advice posted, but each time, I end up doing qcf+D. It never happens like that when I just straight up do db,f+D and I can do it off of d.C just fine without making qcf+D come out.

But it does and I'd be glad to know if there any visual cues I can use to do this.

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
there a somthing funny about his Haohshikouken(the normal one & the ex)..it does have auto guard frames before he  throw the fireball..
E.G  
Against kyo...
Record his  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;d or  ;b
Block  the first hit..and before the second one do Haohshikouken... :)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
is hienshippukiaku B punishable ? mid screen or corner ?
can u press anything or try a throw or u just have to block ?

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 04:40:00 AM »
Many people, have asked me the same, and you too by XBL... lol
I've checked, and definitely, its punishable! I dont know if u can punish by throw (not tested), but this move seems something like ~  -1 or -2 on block... so i dont think throw can operate, but for sure an EX Kyo's Oniyaki work perfectly!  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:43:15 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
Many people, have asked me the same, and you too by XBL... lol
I've checked, and definitely, its punishable! I dont know if u can punish by throw (not tested), but this move seems something like ~  -1 or -2 on block... so i dont think throw can operate, but for sure an EX Kyo's Oniyaki work perfectly!  :)

ahaha yea well need some tries
i dont know if i have something that fast in my arsenal ... lets play again buddy ;)