Author Topic: Trying to understand input buffering and the button hold trick  (Read 1576 times)

SuperVehicle001

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I am trying to get my head around input buffering and the button hold trick to make combos easier. I want to apply these to all my characters but for an example I will use King.

I want to apply it to a drive cancel I'm having problems with. I am trying King's mid screen carry combo that ends with this
Code: [Select]
df.D, Trapshot [DC] (B)Tornado Kick, (D)Tornado Kick I have problems consistently timing the cancel from Trapshot to (B)Tornado Kick. When I do get it off I also cannot consistently time the (D)Tornado kick follow up.

If I'm understanding the buffering and button hold trick I can do Trapshot then immediately press and hold  ;b then buffer  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk for the drive cancel? Then while King is still in the air, hold  ;d  then  buffer  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk and (D)Tornado kick will come out as soon as I hit the ground?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:11:08 PM by SuperVehicle001 »
PSN: MetalSlugIV

"The future is not determined by the throw of the dice; it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
-Phong

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to understand input buffering and the button hold trick
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
You've got it right to an extent. The buffer isn't super long. First you do the motion for the move, after that, you press and hold the button. Wait till you're fairly sure the animation is done or close to it as the buffer doesn't last forever.