Author Topic: Future KOF Plans?  (Read 6437 times)

drol

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Future KOF Plans?
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:02:43 AM »

The large recruitment 3D KOF the strongest, the development staff of samurai soul!

The large recruiting a new staff development for the next generation of fighting game title development "THE KING OF FIGHTERS" series, the "Samurai Spirits" series! We are looking for those who flooded to create a new era of the popular series and "KOF" and "samurai spirit", the spirit of challenge and passion!

Source : http://adhocnews21.com/archives/28112733.html

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: Future KOF Plans?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
Regarding the new 3D King Of Fighters game.

That picture on the employment add is GarouTerry Bogard. You know Wild Wolf version.

Anyways on to the main event.

- According to next.rikunabi.com the next KOF is coming next year to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game.

- Many overseas staffs from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

- 3D Technology will be used instead of 2D Sprites to create the Next-Generation of KOF.

- The developers are working very hard about how they will represent the 2D image in 3D !!

- The game seems is planned for PS3 and XBOX 360.

Regarding the Development staff.

Mr. Yamamoto, the overseas producer of the project.

Overseas staff from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

Game development floor. And enough space in preparation for increasing the number of development staff.

Im pretty much expecting the Chinese fighter people to be in this one as well as the Maximum Impact people btw im expecting them to use the graphics from the Chinese Fighter for this title surprisingly though I dont want them to. BTW I Dont know if this is KOF MI3 or KOF MIRA2
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
Hoping for good news out of this. Hoping they give it time too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:36:14 PM »
I'm betting the 3d - 2d conversion will resemble closer to Guilty Gear Xrd. I don't think Playmore wants to go to true 3d with the failures they had in the past, but they want the easier development possibilities that 3d brings. The closest they can make it resemble 2d, the more fans they won't lose in the process. The Chinese fighting game looks closer to KOF MI with smaller sprite size. I don't think that will cut it with the fans.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »
I hate to be so gloomy about these glimmers of news, but I'm very much reminded of

Samurai Shodown 2 -> 3
and
Fatal Fury Special -> 3

In both cases, SNK had a hit on their hands. A fighting game that was far and away more successful than any other game were producing at the time. But instead of playing it safe and giving people more of what they wanted, they went back to the drawing board and completely remade the graphics and reworked the fighting engines.

It didn't work. People stuck with the game they preferred, and the player base was fractured.

KOF XIII has been their biggest fighter in twenty years. This is NOT the time to do something different. Make a few new characters, new stages, give existing characters new moves, and release it as KOF XIV.

Some people call this "milking" the franchise, but it's actually supporting the scene.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm going to miss 2D sprites. KoF13 will probably remain my favorite one visually, unless they absolutely nail it.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »
I do hope that they are working on 14 and start this new 3d kof project on the side. For their sake, it would be a waste to just throw away all the work they have done to this point. For mine, i may be so dissapointed that i just won't care.

That chinese kof knock-off isn't exactly pretty so that's not something to imitate. Making it look like GGXrd would be fine i guess but for kof, i'd still prefer if they just kept going as is now.

MILK AWAY SNKP!

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:23 AM »
this whole 3d thing is really disappointing. I hope this is a side game as well.