Author Topic: New player need some info  (Read 2215 times)

guilekerplinski1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New player need some info
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »
Hi im a new kof xiii player, i was interested in kof for a long time opted to buy mortal kombat 9 at gamestop a few months back. Just purchased kof yesterday and really like the style of the game. I read older interviews saying not many people played online due to crap netcode. And i just wanted to confirm wether that was true or not. I read about netcode patches so im guessing its better. I also wanted to know where to find people to practice with and also if you guys still do online tournaments

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: New player need some info
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 12:44:45 AM »
The netcode is not good. There is a lot of input delay which isn't good for a game like KOF which is very reaction based.

You can have some really playable matches if you are willing to put up with the input delay with people maybe a state or two (or within the same region or one next to it) but it isn't an ideal way to play.

The netcode patch didn't really help too much and it's kind of hard to find what exactly it helped. Some people felt that it helped and some people felt like it didn't.

I suggest that you try it out yourself because many people have varied results.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »
The online is generally considered playable on 4 bar matches only.  Different people feel different on how it plays some do play on 3 bars. For me I have about a 500  mile radius from where I am to get a 4 bar match. 
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

guilekerplinski1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
Either way this game is so good. Never played a fighting game that left me so satisfied when i win.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »
I got into the KOF scene because of online play but it is overall terrible. As someone mentioned you can have some playable matches if you play someone in the same state or near you. Even people withing 25 miles of me we still get 3-4 frames of input delay it seems.

Since you need to play people really close to you the online scene is pretty dead, a lot of times when looking for a match no one is on.

I highly recommend finding your closest scene if you are very interested in the game. If you can find a couple of people who live pretty close to you that play online then you can learn some stuff from that.
Seattle KOF