Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87186 times)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »
Eh, I'm fine without new characters.

they tend to not fully hit you and do less damage because (spelling) of it
Wat? Terry's neomax only does three hits from what I know, and it's best used midscreen. I'm rather curious how that's an issue considering they do the predesignated amount of hits.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
i don't think there'll be any new characters to be honest. this isn't the 90's anymore, characters take ages to develop. look at how tough it was to finish the game in the first place.

they had almost 2 years of extra time, enough for 6 to 9 characters. doesnt mean they actually made them though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2011, 06:15:21 AM »
i don't think there'll be any new characters to be honest. this isn't the 90's anymore, characters take ages to develop. look at how tough it was to finish the game in the first place.

Eh, I'm fine without new characters.

Same here, if they are not adding any new character, i can live with that if it means that at least we are getting a lot of other extra stuff in the game.
Of course, netcode should come on the top of the priority list

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
no extra characters is no problem, but extra characters is a big bous imo. as imprtant as the netcode for me personally. i can live with a bad net code, same way i can live without extra characters. but id be happier if they where included.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2011, 07:15:10 AM »
SNKP needs to put extra character, specially ones that people want. Because if they don't have this, then a lot of the Owners of the dumb version will not even think of buying it to play the game. This is assuming the netcode is not good, so at least the new characters will make the people curious enough to buy the game.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
I don't care about extra characters, to be honest. But there's a lot of people who do it and all fighting games have DLC characters today...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
I don't care about extra characters, to be honest. But there's a lot of people who do it and all fighting games have DLC characters today...

dlc doesnt cut it, thats that retarded shit. i think most people just wanna play each other without worrying about wether they have a certain character or not. also this is the first itteration of the game, how stupid would it be to have dlc characters for a game thats just released. if there are extra characters and backgrounds, they should be on disc imo. fuck that dlc bs.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
I also wouldn't mind if there weren't any new characters. I can already see myself spending tons of time learning all the characters already in the game. Good netcode, cool and meaningful (and meaningless) extras, and rebalancing get higher on my priority list.

Although my big wish for characters is that, whatever new characters get added (if any) they feel at least somewhat NEW and not RECYCLED. In other words, I hope most characters get Kensou / Iori or even Maxima / Takuma / womens team-style makeovers. XIII Kula feels underwhelming to me.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
Extra characters are a waste to a game that already has more than most games.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
MMM, counting dlc, MK9 has 31, sf iv has 39 -43, mvc 38,  bb has like 18

31 Isn't a bad number but isn't exactly ''more than other fighting games'' at least from this time

Waifu Material

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
And, for those DLC's you'll be doubling the amount of money you spend for the game. :)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
While extra characters would be cool (crosses fingers for Blue Mary), it's not something I would consider to be a top priority. I just want a well rounded game with modes that will satisfy both those who prefer online play and those who prefer to play by themselves.

I don't expect them to go overboard with modes like in a MK or SC game, but I don't wanna feel like I have experienced everything the game has to offer after 10 minutes of play either.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
Personally, I want SNKP to make XIII a basis for DLC for a year + to come. I love what I see from the systems of this game, and I actually wanna see old favorities get their chance to shine under them.

I mean, really, at this point, a good KoF XIII port, even with DLC, would *kinda* save me money on other games. I wouldn't be buying as many downloadable games, as many main games, or as much DLC for games like Mortal Kombat or SSFIV.

I'd love for SNKP to make this the game they really get to pimp-out and show off their creative abilities with, but mostly, I just wanna be able to play XIII. What the arcade has is already pretty nice (with it's cinematics, team and edit endings, unique convos between characters, and stages exclusive to the boss battles), so if they continue to build home features in that direction, that's cool. A few more edit team endings, a sound and art gallery, a new sub-boss who'd be playable (c'mon Adel or Boton), and a new stage or 2 would be nice.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2011, 01:35:37 AM »
i think one character and a couple of backgrounds from 12 would be realistic expectations. asking ppl for money after they JUST bought the game is kinda retarted and offensive. i mean, if they manage to squeeze a couple of charaters to extend the game's console longevity, great. but if it happens too soon (or too late, as is often the case) don't bother.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »
I don't know why, but I like the system of DLC in MK9

Maybe is a case of well, they gave us so many extras that I really don't care

In the other hand, I fuckin hated the DLC on MVC9

It's possible to give us the stages of XII, reescalate them and put them for free, I think that those will work fine, and I lot that some stages in XIII are the same as XII but with modifications, but still I will not mind to see them again

But if they draw more bg, props to them, even though I don't know why I got a feeling that they will do them on 3D, I never understood why the new stages on XI were on 3d.

Waifu Material