Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119591 times)

Merkilo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Could have been a lot more interesting if it was a top down or 3d arena game with roll to dodge projectiles

MLHX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Actually, how could host advantage happen in a delay input based netcode? The inputs need to be synchronized in each side before they are actually executed, so if the host has less input lentancy than the guest, the game sooner or later will be unsynchronized unless there is some form of rollback mechanism in the host side.

I am kind of confused.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I don't know...That is a good question.

Edit: Talked to mauve, he said it can happen with input delay models, it just has to equal the same latency in between.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:35:28 PM by Reiki.Kito »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Played my first 3 bar match on the beta today.  Guy was in New York with average ping of 59ms. It felt really, really good. Barely any discernable input lag. I'm impressed!

As for the KOF moba... Tizoc's ulti looks soooooo cool. ;)
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Played my first 3 bar match on the beta today.  Guy was in New York with average ping of 59ms. It felt really, really good. Barely any discernable input lag. I'm impressed!

As for the KOF moba... Tizoc's ulti looks soooooo cool. ;)
It is impressive! The new update's improved the netcode by a lot, at least on my end. I'm getting speed ups rather than ultra slowdowns. Notably, I'm really only playing 1 bar matches.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
A friend told me that the game has delay in offline, is that true? or betas are only avaliable in online mode?

Waifu Material

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
There is an offline mode in Beta, that is Training Mode. It's the only offline mode there is. However, I don't experience any input delays on my end unless I have way too many programs running in the background. It's quite possible that it's also due to specs.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
There's input delay in offline mode if you are in full screen mode. If you place it in Windowed mode the input delay is fixed.

We've brought this up with the closed beta forum boards.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Apparently, everyone that pre-ordered has access to the beta now.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sibarraz/

I want to those the game against some northamericans, there is my steam id

Waifu Material

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Apparently, everyone that pre-ordered has access to the beta now.
Is this ongoing, or did I snooze and lose?

I was holding off my pre-order for a bit since I'm low on cash. I'll just get it in now if I can join the beta.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Hey guys - My twitch id for KOFXIII
http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHKOF/

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Played against about three 3-bar connections today.

That input delay is really good. And by really good, I mean you can really feel it. Still unplayable. Better than console, but anything is better than console. I now really regret preordering it.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Haven't tried the beta yet, but I wonder if the 3-4 bars are really any better than console. Based on the feedback i've read, it doesn't sound any different. Just the 1-2 bars which would likely be unplayable regardless...

3 bar has only worked for me if it's a stable ping on both ends. All my bad experience with 3 bar have been with people that will get 2 bars sometimes when they join. That said, I can't really say a stable 3 bar is fully acceptable compared to offline.

Comparing to offline, it seems like it would be no different where only 4 bar is acceptable, if even that. On console I've only had bad experiences with 4 bar when the ping wasn't stable for both players (alternating between 3 and 4). I wish we could just see the numbers in real time instead of this color coded nonsense that only shows a reading for the moment you join the room.

Anyways, these devs in charge of the beta seem to have some decent communication. Have they said anything about rollback netcode though? A lot of people have posted about it and they seem to be dancing around that question. No matter how much they fine tune it the way things are, everyone will still be restricted to more local online play. That just isn't possible for most of the world. It's hard enough for me to play online being 3+ hours away from an offline scene.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I take back what I said before. I didn't know you had to play the game windowed to not have input delay. Now that I have it in windowed, it's playable.

Really hope they fix that, as I'm not exactly a fan of playing games windowed, but at least it's not the netcode at fault.