Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119590 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
For those who've got the key or did pre-order, don't forget to leave feedback

here - http://steamcommunity.com/app/222940/discussions/1/

Or specifically for v5 feedback, here - http://steamcommunity.com/app/222940/discussions/1/864977479733804034/

And the ideal settings seem to be with ports open, static background, windowed moded. If there are more favorable settings (cause I think I'm forgetting one), list them here and/or in the Steam forums.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:07:38 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
anybody knows how to open ports from windows 8?

Waifu Material

LoyalSol

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Open ports from your router.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Anybody else having this problem with the sprites? Somebody uploaded a pic of it.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997563085/screenshots/?appid=222940

Is there a host advantage still going on...? I hosted a game and things felt too good to be true on my end. This guy varied from 2-4 bars and I didn't feel any lag at all. After the 2nd match it said it was 1 bar and he left. I feel like it must have been really laggy for him.

I've played 4 people so far and only felt lag with one person. It was wierd though. I didn't feel the lag much in my inputs. I've played 3 bar matches on console with more input lag. The game was just running like a slideshow so it was unplayable.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:52:27 AM by SPLIPH »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
had a long set with kinetix (about 60-70 miles away; also bear in mind I'm in the valley). Initially the games were terrible for some reason but they got to be extremely playable. I felt like I didn't have to do any major adjustment for the lag. I didn't really go so far as to find out the locations of all the other guys I had smooth games with, so I'll try to look more into that. The weirdest games I had were with a guy who apparently I had consistently 3-4 bars with. They were just shitty and choppy games. They were ranked, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I had other ranked games with 2 bar people that were 100x more playable.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Okay, downloaded the game when I noticed beta was open for everyone who pre-purchased (should've been from the start IMO) and waited 3 hours (internet was slow).

Default keyboard controls were kinda weird; kicks and punches were assinged to number keys on top of the keyboard and re-assinging didn't work (posted about this on Steam forums and you could change them by doing something else first).

Then I went to training mode to try out my favorite characters. I was disapointed about the charatcer roster two years ago already, because XI had more characters from other games (Duck King FTW!) and cool new characters (Oswald). XIII played it safe by bringing back "fan favorites" (I still can't understand appeal of Andy and the whole K' Team). At least this game has Hwa Jai and Raiden. They're good additions to the roster, but still, Duck King would've been better or Garou Team from XI. And Ramon, where are you (sitting in the cafeteria)?!

I picked King as my first character on training mode. Would've prefered XI movelist, but would've kept the NeoMax from this game.

In the end, slight disapointment. XI will still be my favorite, but I'll give my final judgement after I've played Story Mode and maybe played a bit of Online Mode.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I guess this would be a "welcome to KOF XIII Custle" reply.

If you're direct comparison to XIII is XI, movelists have been simplified moreso, but optimized thorugh EX moves for specials and supers that have different properties. You've probably already seen the changes for most characters to know how they play now, but playing them (skillfully) will feel a great deal better than just watching. And compared to the Oswald-Kula-Gato (unfair) team, you'll stand an easier chance against some of the stronger fighters like Mr. Karate or Benimaru with lesser used characters. You'll probably be able to appreciate the story and dialog for every character too (there's a lot there).
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Karate, Benni, Hwa/Kim sure makes for one mean ass team. If the past KoFs were really less balanced, I'm not sure how I'd feel being on the receiving ends of such teams. =o

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Ok, I played with a chilean, a brazilian and a colombian

the chilean was at 300 miles of distance from mine and the match was PERFECT. 4 bars, cero lag

the brazilean was at 1200 and the delay fluctuated between 1- 3 bars, but in the match, it was great too, I could feel some lag, but still, I had no problems playing the match.

With the colombian I had problems, 2700 miles aprox, and it was unplayable.

Still, from the moment I could play with my friends from chile, who are a LOT (30 aprox) so from the moment, I'm glad with the netcode, but if SNKP could improve it more, I will be happy

Waifu Material

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Ok, I played with a chilean, a brazilian and a colombian

the chilean was at 300 miles of distance from mine and the match was PERFECT. 4 bars, cero lag

the brazilean was at 1200 and the delay fluctuated between 1- 3 bars, but in the match, it was great too, I could feel some lag, but still, I had no problems playing the match.

With the colombian I had problems, 2700 miles aprox, and it was unplayable.

Still, from the moment I could play with my friends from chile, who are a LOT (30 aprox) so from the moment, I'm glad with the netcode, but if SNKP could improve it more, I will be happy
Hmmm... Maybe I am just paranoid about the host advantage then. Kinda upset how nobody has wanted to stay more than a match or two regardless of how smooth it felt. Idk why people would be so quick to leave if it was just as smooth on their end.

Couldn't find any matches all afternoon today. When I played late at night I had matches with 4 people one right after the other. As far as lag goes, maybe the first 3 people I played were just a fluke. Either that or the signal readings are not accurate at all. I just don't understand how I could not feel even the slightest bit of lag when the signal was constantly changing between 1-4

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hey, Spliph, lets play sometime. rockyminoma is my steam ID.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Spliph, they leave because they don't want to get bodied. :P

I think there's some matchmaking bugs with v7. Sometimes people can't see rooms which sucks since it's the weekend and there won't be any patches (I think).

The bar indicators do seem inaccurate and generally just a poor way of displaying connectivity. Seems like 100-120ms pings have a chance of displaying as 1-2 bars, but sometimes they're very playable in an almost mysterious way... and then sometimes not. You could also ping 50ms to someone but have a terrible match due to packet loss, spikes and other things that don't display clearly with the bar indicators.

tl;dr bars suck, wish console developers wouldn't keep them in PC games.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:19:03 PM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
anybody knows how to open ports from windows 8?

This thread has full instructions:  http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=3026.0
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
god im getting beat hard im really not used to playing this game with people still

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
xD Keep it up, there's a whole lot of people on nowadays so it's really good practice to get an idea of what's good and what's not.