Author Topic: Dream Cancel forum rules - READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 7159 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Dream Cancel forum rules - READ BEFORE POSTING
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
Please do not discuss any pirating of software on this board. Disc-Swapping software is fine for playing imports.

Treat other posters with respect. Demeaning remarks, including racism and homophobia, will not be tolerated.

Keep topics in relevant sections. If you feel that a new section is warranted, suggest it to me via PM.

Please avoid double posting. (Kane317's pet peeve) No "bumping" or carbon copy (repeating the exact same post) allowed. Double posting is allowed, provided it is on topic and adds to the thread discussion.

New members are encouraged to introduce themselves in the Meet & Greet section but this is not mandatory.

We all want a better, bigger SNK scene in the US. I'm hoping Dream Cancel can become that place. Common courtesy and respect will help us to grow by leaps and bounds.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:54:27 AM by FataCon »

krazykone123

Re: Dream Cancel forum rules - READ BEFORE POSTING
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:55:58 PM »
New Rule

Everyone should have to make an account on GGPO or ARCLive.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:01:41 PM »
New Rule

HAHAHAHAHAHAH OH HELL YEAH!!!!

That should be a required field when you make an new account here. I'm dead serious.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

krazykone123

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAH OH HELL YEAH!!!!

That should be a required field when you make an new account here. I'm dead serious.

Haha yeah I'm dead serious too Desmond, I've played you and seen some of the other folks like syxx, shinwolverine, Necro, and Rouge on GGPO, I played sibrraz on ARC but that's about it, more of yall should hop on.

Offline training mode can't be that much fun lol, even if you're free at KOF you'll still learn to get better eventually if you're willing to fight good players more often.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:48:16 AM »
I don't really know much of a way to encourage people to play online more or at all...I think the more we play and expose that to others, the more people will be interested in trying it out.

I do think there should be some kind of way here to link people here to make accounts on GGPO/ARCLIVE/Supercade etc.

I'm even glad that people here are playing KOFXII more online, it seems the formula that is work is just hype, haha.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »
I added my pet peeve and I also duplicated this post in the Meet and Greet section.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
New Rule

I agree, unless the player can legitimately explain why they cannot do this for whatever reason (maybe someone in the woods stuck on dial-up? lol...) Or is really really poor and has a 1980s computer and a PS2? I know it sounds odd but I'm sure there's some KoF fan out there in a situation like that...(hopefully not?)

However, I'd say extend this to be more friendly to people. If you for whatever reason do not want to/cannot make an account on GGPO/Supercade/Arclive or even use P2P Kaillera, then they should provide XBL or PSN handles. I don't think the Wii has any online SNK games but if it does, that would apply too. If they refuse this, then they better be an arcade/tournament player in a specific area that's got a decent fighting game scene. If they can't apply to none of the above, and they can't at least do something like...make combo videos (Kind of like how Desk got his start since he had no scene in Northern Brittain), then this shouldn't be the place for you. Period.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:05 AM »
I edited the "double posting" rule to make things simpler and easier for our users. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it works out. Should be fine, imo.