Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66761 times)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
Can she land Baltic Launcher off standing ;c ;d , jumping ;c ;d or drive canceled from other special in corner?

Unless it's off a counter (even then I'm not sure) baltic launcher wont land. It can be drive canceled but not sure if it's fast enough to land.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:29 PM »
Awesome.  Maybe we can see some decent footage now that someone actually plays her.  Just out of curiosity, whose the third member of your team?
So Chin, Shen Woo, Leona, eh? That sounds pretty fun to watch. Replace Shen for Clark, and you'd have my XII team.

^This.  It's quite frustrating having to retire Maxima (not competitive enough yet) and not finding a third (even in the tourney!), been rotating between Goro, Raiden, Maxima and Clark (love them all, but just can't hang).

So, random ideas/thoughts:

Can you combo ;a X-Calibur into EX X-Cal in corner?

Strike Arch is only possible from  ;fd  ;b, correct? In 2k2, It's also possible from  ;bk ;b . (I prefer it only from  ;fd, as you can then use standing/walking back ;b as an anti-hop.)

Sadly, you can only do fwd again (I kinda liked the two-way option).  Yesterday was my first day, so I have a lot to learn and mess around with before I can answer those questions, rest assured I'll keep you posted.

Do any of her moves count as anywhere juggles? Slash Saber seems to do a very good job of catching people out of the air... could make her into a nice Mini-Betty.

Yet another good question, on my to-check-list.

Are these the correct properties for B.Launcher?:
-- ;a is fairly fast, appears in front of her.
-- ;c is about the same speed, but floats forwards and upwards starts higher(yay for no slow, awkward jump!)
-- ;a ;c has a wider hitbox, appears faster, + she recover faster (for possible drive meterless followups?) starts at chest level, if they block you have a significant frame adv.

Maybe she could do EX X Calibur from a backwards hop? (could do normal X-Cal from hop in XII, but there wasn't much point.)

You can do the normal version, so I don't see why not.

Maybe Earring Bakuden could actually have some use in HD combos? Seemed to have fast activation (for Bakuden, anyway), could be a decent way to re-float a falling opponent.

Can she drive cancel out of the recovery frames from Bakuden? Could be a nice way to regain lost pressure w/quick Grand Sabres, or just a nice way to land/start a combo, if the Bakuden catches them low during your GS advance.

I wish I could answer most your questions confidently and I can't, so expect revisions later.  I corrected some of the properties of the Baltic Launcher; all from the BBS and my observations.

---
I read some shortcuts for her V.Jump D into V-Slasher (can't be hop) it needs testing so I'll confirm later:
(Apparently, all qcf~hcb motions can be performed like qcf~qcf~b)
- qcf x2~up+D --> (buffers the V-Slasher) b+P
I dunno which one works (maybe they all do so I'll post this)
- qcf~up+D --> hcb+P EDIT: This one seems work better than the first.
- qcf~down~up+D --> qcb+P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:12:04 AM by Kane317 »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »
Earring bomb is too slow to catch off a combo but EX earring will work.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 03:45:02 PM »
Good going on switching Goro, Kane. I wanted to suggest you do so after watching the latest tourney vid but forgot to. Not only did you not do too well with him but he didn't at all seem to fit in with your style of play, when considering how you play with Chin and Shen.

Looking forward to some good Leonage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:48:22 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »
Good going on switching Goro, Kane. I wanted to suggest you do so after watching the latest tourney vid but forgot to. Not only did you not do too well with him but he didn't at all seem to fit in with your style of play, when considering how you play with Chin and Shen.

Looking forward to some good Leonage.

Heh, hence struggling to find my third.  I know my Goro can't quite seem to find my groove with him yet, but I will return to him as I always used and liked him (I was better with old school Clark, but Clark has departed farther than Goro so to speak), but not like as my main team.

I'm pretty sure Leona is going to look "awkward" with my style too, but I do better with her than the other characters and I have more potential with her IMO.
---

Is V-Slasher possible after Grand Saber? Thx

If they land on your Grand Sabre from the air and it's in the corner, yes (you just have to shortcut the V-Slasher coz they're pretty low to the ground).

Has anyone tested how many lights you can do into b+B, j.qcb+A before the x-calibur doesn't combo?
And also does j.qcb+C combo now from b+B?

Does her EX Moon Slasher have full invulnerability, if it does then that would be seriously good.

I'm also cursious to find out what her drivecancel combos look like, I hope she can combo into baltic launcher from moon slasher in the corner :3

You can do a max of 3 light hits: d.B x2, s.B, before the f.B gets too far to connect.  The C version X-Calibur doesn't combo from f.B but it leaves you with a frame advantage or neutral.  Ex Moon Slasher has full invincibility.
---

My result findings from yesterday; I'll post it on the first page instead.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:33:28 PM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »
Good info updates, Kane, thanks! That all sounds rather promising... I really like the fact she has some new tricks, some proven, some still just potential.

Keep up the good work, really looking forward to videos of your discoveries with her!

TheEmoGuyFrom3S

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing G Saber(ground hit) still = free V Slasher in the corner at least  

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing G Saber(ground hit) still = free V Slasher in the corner at least 
If they land on your Grand Sabre from the air and it's in the corner, yes (you just have to shortcut the V-Slasher coz they're pretty low to the ground).

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
i wanted to know if you could AA with moon slasher... then drive cancel into baltic launcher... i know grand sabre works... and can u connect a DM after it for free? like...

d~u.P > b~f.C > Slash Sabre? maybe it needs to be b~f.AC...?
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
Does she have an airthrow? If so can it be done with both C and D? Also can it be done with stick in db position?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 04:23:40 PM »
Does she have an airthrow? If so can it be done with both C and D? Also can it be done with stick in db position?

Nope :(

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
If you're going to cancel into V-Slasher from A or B, do they have to be vertical jumps like D, or can you cancel them off of a hop?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
If you're going to cancel into V-Slasher from A or B, do they have to be vertical jumps like D, or can you cancel them off of a hop?

Only vertical jump D works; you have to diagonally hyperhop with j.A and hit on the way up.  I don't think j.D or j.B can be used as instant overheads.
For the j.A, I just do the old shortcut: qcf~uf+A~hcb+P

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
Only vertical jump D works; you have to diagonally hyperhop with j.A and hit on the way up.  I don't think j.D or j.B can be used as instant overheads.

Ah ok.  I got confused for a second and thought that the instant overhead cancel no longer worked and that you could only cancel into V-Slasher from a vertical D haha.

TheEmoGuyFrom3S

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:44 AM »

Not even....damn :(